Weird Static while talking on wifi calling

Italiannyc

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
I have Tmobile.

Its weird. Whenever I speak to someone while connected to wifi calling, it kinda goes in and out, like static.

This issue does not happen when off wifi calling.

The weird thing is, if I call someone connected to my wifi network, there is ZERO issues. If someone else makes calls connected to my wifi, they have no issues ( they also dont have an iPhone X though )

Any ideas?

Is this more of a Tmobile radio thing when using wifi calling? Probably a fix in the future?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's funny, I had a call earlier that I had a weird noise that I hadn't heard before. Though honestly with the X I'm still figuring out where to read the info, so wasn't 100% sure if I was on wifi or not. I'll test it more tomorrow.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I’ve taken a few calls with WiFi calling (through ATT) and it has been fine. I’ll definitely be on the lookout for it and report anything.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'll have to try it and see. I only recently started enabling wi-fi calling at work due to poor cell reception. Today my first day at work with the X and I tried to make a call (don't do a lot of calls actually) and it dropped after about 45 seconds. I'm writing it off to my work's wifi system though. I'll have to try it at home where I know everything is good.

Italiannyc

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
I'll have to try it and see. I only recently started enabling wi-fi calling at work due to poor cell reception. Today my first day at work with the X and I tried to make a call (don't do a lot of calls actually) and it dropped after about 45 seconds. I'm writing it off to my work's wifi system though. I'll have to try it at home where I know everything is good.

It basically sounds like robotic talk. Every time I’m home and on WiFi calling.

It’s very annoying but manageable. Just needs to be fixed.

UPDATE: spoke with Apple. The girl on the phone said she’s gotten a lot of calls about this today for the iPhone X and iPhone 8. She said Apple knows it’s a known issue and is working on it

So that’s good at least.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim