Just curious if anyone has taken the initiative to resell an X? I’m very happy with my phone and don’t intend to resell it. I typically resell my phones every year but this time I’m actually concerned that because the X is so expensive that I won’t be able to resell it for enough and I might actually have to do the trade in.

I’m also curious if anyone bought the X with the express intention of reselling? Again just curious as I used to be a reseller on eBay. I don’t do it as much as I used to because things are just not selling as high as they used to...I primarily resold designer shoes, handbags and accessories. I was just checking out eBay and see that seem to be reselling in the $1300-$1600 range. At $1300 I don’t think that it’s really worth it after ebay and PayPal fees you’d honestly probably be upside down. I suppose if you got your hands a few it could add up but with the X being so expensive and all you need is one jerky buyer that eBay sides with and you could wiped out.
    11-06-2017 03:38 PM
    I sell mine every year right before the announcement of the new phone. One of these days I will get tired of doing that but for now, I’m enjoying upgrading every year.
    sunnysideup22125 and aximtreo like this.
    11-06-2017 03:44 PM
    I have never sell my devices.
    And I don’t plan to resell in the future.
    Premium1 likes this.
    11-06-2017 05:50 PM
    The iPhone X has the potential to be highly sought many years from now, in my opinion, and therefore , I doubt I’ll be selling it even after I’ve moved on to the next iPhone model.
    11-06-2017 05:58 PM
    I pre-ordered 3. I was going to sell them to make a profit. Hopefully enough to purchase an iPhone x outright. But after seeing what they are selling for, I cancelled 2 of them. It was originally supposed to be here by the 17th. But now it is shipped, and expected delivery date is the 10th. I go through a lot of phones! Always looking for that illusive perfect phone lol. Buying, trying them out for a couple weeks, and then selling. I mostly buy and sell on swappa. There fees are lower. Maybe the X will be the one.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-06-2017 07:46 PM
    I sell mine every year right before the announcement of the new phone. One of these days I will get tired of doing that but for now, I’m enjoying upgrading every year.
    I wish I could sell that early because the longer you wait the less you make but I don’t have a back up phone.
    11-06-2017 07:56 PM
    I pre-ordered 3. I was going to sell them to make a profit. Hopefully enough to purchase an iPhone x outright. But after seeing what they are selling for, I cancelled 2 of them. It was originally supposed to be here by the 17th. But now it is shipped, and expected delivery date is the 10th. I go through a lot of phones! Always looking for that illusive perfect phone lol. Buying, trying them out for a couple weeks, and then selling. I mostly buy and sell on swappa. There fees are lower. Maybe the X will be the one.
    Yeah I definitely understand your logic. Next time I go to resell I will have to check swappa between eBay and PayPal I lost almost $100 to fees.
    11-06-2017 08:01 PM
    I wish I could sell that early because the longer you wait the less you make but I don’t have a back up phone.
    Yea. I generally always have a backup device. Right now it’s an SE.
    11-06-2017 09:12 PM
    Have you looked on Swappa recently?? It is flooded with iPhone X’s...I never seen it this bad!
    11-06-2017 11:33 PM
    Have you looked on Swappa recently?? It is flooded with iPhone X’s...I never seen it this bad!
    Yep, completely flooded. I wouldn’t even bother with it as there is almost no chance of having you listing stand out from the others for the most part.
    11-06-2017 11:56 PM
    Yep, completely flooded. I wouldn’t even bother with it as there is almost no chance of having you listing stand out from the others for the most part.
    Best thing to do is return your X ASAP! LOL
    TheRewardisCheese likes this.
    11-07-2017 12:03 AM
    I’ve never sold a device. I️ usually upgrade every year & just pass down my old device to someone in need of an upgrade lol
    11-07-2017 05:35 PM
    I’ve never sold a device. I️ usually upgrade every year & just pass down my old device to someone in need of an upgrade lol
    That’s typically what I’ve done.
    nikkisharif and aximtreo like this.
    11-07-2017 07:06 PM
    I also preordered 2 of them. One release day and one was supposed to be here the 17-24. I intended on selling them because I saw how much some of them were going for before preorder and right after. I posted on eBay and craigslist for $2500. Never got any real bites. I did sell one on eBay for $1999 but that was a scam attempt as I still haven’t gotten paid. So I cancelled the 2nd X when I realized the demand (or a supply shortage) was not there like I had hoped. I could have just taken it back to Apple and returned it or sold to a friend for $1300 but I said the heck with it and gave it to my wife. It really is a sweet iPhone. My ip8 is really nice but the x is really something.
    11-07-2017 07:28 PM
    That’s typically what I’ve done.
    It’s a win-win situation lol
    11-07-2017 09:04 PM
    Pre ordered 2 from AT&T and 2 through Apple. Going to return the AT&T ones. Was going to sell but the market is so flooded right now. Doesn’t make any sense for someone to pay over retail for something that is easy to get. Don’t want to deal with the hassle of selling online with eBay/PayPal and shipping fees. Luckily when you order on AT&T ‘s website there is no restock fee to return items.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    11-08-2017 06:24 AM
    Often I trade in my devices. Can't be bothered with the likes of eBay, Craigslist, etc.
    Failing a trade, pass it along to a good citizen...
    11-08-2017 06:27 AM
    I purchased three on Saturday. One to play around with and the other two I immediately listed on Craig's List. I sold one and currently have the other listed. If I can't sell it, I always have the option to return it and get my full refund. It's a no-lose situation.
    11-08-2017 02:13 PM
    Often I trade in my devices. Can't be bothered with the likes of eBay, Craigslist, etc.
    Failing a trade, pass it along to a good citizen...
    I sold my One M9 to another member on AC. I've also sold iPhones in the past, but it's not worth the hassle to me either. Buy Back World tends to give decent prices on iOS devices so I've used them in the past. I've also passed phones to friends/family members. I've even taken phones to a local battered women's shelter for those who may not have phones.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    11-08-2017 09:50 PM