AppleCare or Verizon Insurance

dilligaf79

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I can’t decide what to get. I have 2 X’s that need insured. If I get Verizon’s coverage at $33/month, all devices on my account will be covered.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I don’t usually spring for either. This time though because the glass back is back I decided to get insurance through my carrier. In the past I’ve bought  care and never used it. This year it’s $200 and so I opted to go with my carriers plan. I was told the cost decreases overtime if I don’t file any claims.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I always go with Verizon, because if you break or lose your device they overnight replacement to your door. Plus Apple care doesn’t cover theft or lost. You have to go through a process.

travis4380

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I’ve done both and thankfully have never had to use them. But I have also been looking into Squaretrade as it’s only 129 for 2 year warranty.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Anyone get free AppleCare for their iPhone X ? A friend just went to buy it for her iPhone X and it shows that she already has it and is covered for 2 years. She didn’t buy it and bought the phone outright from Apple thru Verizon.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone get free AppleCare for their iPhone X ? A friend just went to buy it for her iPhone X and it shows that she already has it and is covered for 2 years. She didn’t buy it and bought the phone outright from Apple thru Verizon.

Lucky her! That is kinda strange though. Is she sure she didn't happen to buy it during her pre-order?

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm still kinda in between to which route I wanna go. I've used sqaure trade on almost all of my devices. The 7 plus I went the full year basically with no insurance at all on it. I've never used carrier insurance, has verizons insurance been good with previous devices?

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Lucky her! That is kinda strange though. Is she sure she didn't happen to buy it during her pre-order?

She says she did not get charged for it on her card but did get charged for the phone. Oh well.

I got AppleCare+ for my MacBook, my ip8, the wife’s X and my daughters iPod. It only takes one cracked screen to regret it. I cracked my ip7 last year almost right after it was out of the 60 days to purchase AppleCare. Made me so angry and I vowed I would have AppleCare+ on my devices going forward.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

I could be wrong but I think I heard somewhere that t-mobile has free Apple care included with iPhone purchase under their version of IUP too.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I could be wrong but I think I heard somewhere that t-mobile has free Apple care included with iPhone purchase under their version of IUP too.

Well, anyone here buy the iPhone X on Verizon on release day? Did you get AppleCare+ with purchase?

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I bought mine w/ Verizon on launch day. My comment was referring to T-Mobile’s IUP

I got that, my friend bought her’s on Verizon and she got AppleCare+ free. So I was just wondering if anyone else happened upon AppleCare+ with their iPhone X as she did.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I got that, my friend bought her’s on Verizon and she got AppleCare+ free. So I was just wondering if anyone else happened upon AppleCare+ with their iPhone X as she did.

I did a pre order on Verizon. Did not get AppleCare+ for free. I'd be skeptical. Verizon (and any company for that matter) isn't known for handing out free warranties lol. I purchased AppleCare+ separately. I don't even recall Verizon offering it to me.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I did a pre order on Verizon. Did not get AppleCare+ for free. I'd be skeptical. Verizon (and any company for that matter) isn't known for handing out free warranties lol. I purchased AppleCare+ separately. I don't even recall Verizon offering it to me.

I said this also. She went to buy it and on the screen that usually lets you do that it shows covered for 2 years. There is no option to buy and it shows it is there like it does on my ip8 which I did purchase. I was just wondering if someone else had heard of a promotion I didn’t hear about. Guess not, must be some error in her favor. Lol I just realized monopoly taught us this could happen, well kinda. Thanks all.

songbird

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the Verizon insurance for all devices on my plan (4 phones, all smartphones) and do plan on getting AppleCare+ on the 2 iPhone X’s we have. I have always purchased AC+ and used it for a couple devices. I love being able to walk into ANY Apple Store to get my phone checked out and swapped. Verizon covers the lost or stolen device, which luckily to this day has not been used, but I like being reassured it’s there just in case

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I can’t remember the last time I used Verizon offered insurance. Probably when it was still around 5 bucks/month.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I’ve done both and thankfully have never had to use them. But I have also been looking into Squaretrade as it’s only 129 for 2 year warranty.
I haven't seen any good reviews on Square trade I was also looking at them and it seems when you put in a claim many say you get the run around. At least the carrier insurance is upfront and fast.
I also protect my devices and rarely have to use the insurance but I have in the past.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice