Welp, I was sure Face ID would be pretty damn good, but didn't think I could live without Touch ID. I was wrong. My goodness, Face ID is freaking good. I still do wish Touch ID was still there, but Face ID is good enough after using this device for a few days to be on its own.

Overeating on that crow right now.
    11-06-2017 12:48 PM
    Welp, I was sure Face ID would be pretty damn good, but didn't think I could live without Touch ID. I was wrong. My goodness, Face ID is freaking good. I still do wish Touch ID was still there, but Face ID is good enough after using this device for a few days to be on its own.

LOL I picked up my iPad last night and was like "what? I have to push a physical button? and try to get this 1st gen touchID to actually work?" (5th gen iPad). 95% of the time FaceID has just instantly unlocked the phone before I even get to swiping. About 5% of the time I've had to wait a second for it to try or try a second time or it didn't go off but I swipe up and have it unlock as I'm swiping.
    zenjen likes this.
    11-06-2017 12:59 PM
    I had no doubt it would work. I am however still surprised at how fast it works in its first iteration.
    Just_Me_D and mumfoau like this.
    11-06-2017 01:16 PM
    LOL I picked up my iPad last night and was like "what? I have to push a physical button? and try to get this 1st gen touchID to actually work?" (5th gen iPad). 95% of the time FaceID has just instantly unlocked the phone before I even get to swiping. About 5% of the time I've had to wait a second for it to try or try a second time or it didn't go off but I swipe up and have it unlock as I'm swiping.
    With Face ID there is definitely a slight learning curve to have it catch your face when you're casually trying to unlock it from a certain angle if you're standing and looking down.
    LVMHgirl likes this.
    11-06-2017 05:08 PM

I, too, was a bit skeptical, but TouchID is the real deal. It works well for me. Still, every now and then I catch myself pressing the screen where the Home button typically is on previous iPhone models...
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-06-2017 06:50 PM
    I, too, was a bit skeptical, but TouchID is the real deal. It works well for me. Still, every now and then I catch myself pressing the screen where the Home button typically is on previous iPhone models...
    Me too!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-06-2017 06:53 PM
    Me too!
    It’s good to know I’m not alone....
    11-06-2017 07:24 PM
    It’s good to know I’m not alone....
    That and I keep sticking the X in my pocket upside down. When you pull it out of your pocket upside down the raise to wake doesn’t work. Lol, used to use the home button for orientation
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-06-2017 07:44 PM
    I have been using my X non stop since Friday and the face recognition hasn’t failed yet. Even in very low light, it’s fast and responsive. Couldn’t be happier.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-06-2017 08:16 PM
    Not sure how well it works. But ran across this today for the ones that want to have a home button. Though it won’t unlock your phone.

http://bgr.com/2017/11/06/iphone-x-v...on-how-to-add/
    11-06-2017 09:17 PM

It takes a big man to admit when he was wrong.
    I went in with cautious optimism and so far Face ID has exceeded my expectations. Even Apple Pay isn’t all that inconvenient, which was a main concern of mine going in.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-06-2017 09:22 PM
    I don't know what phones you guys are using, but both my wife an I got the X, and the Face ID is not that good. It doesn't pick up from many angles. It doesn't pick up in my car mount, I have to lean forward. Even occasionally when I stare right at it, it doesn't catch. I redid my Face ID several times at different angles and distances, and no luck. I also disabled attention which helped a little, but by no means is this an improvement over Touch ID. Touch ID was MUCH faster and more convenient.
    11-06-2017 09:34 PM
    Also, another issue I have with Face ID vs Touch ID. Tocuh ID allowed for multiple people.
    11-06-2017 09:36 PM
    TouchID was definitely faster for me. But FaceID is good enough. I don’t have any complaints with it. It works well. I’ve had to restart my phone once because it didn’t pick up my face but aside from that all has been well.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-06-2017 09:58 PM

I had planned to disable it out of the box. Yeah no, it’s awesome. Lol
    nikkisharif and Rob Phillips like this.
    11-06-2017 10:02 PM
    I️ did the same thing with my other phone🤣🤣 I’ve always hated the home button but I️ didn’t think I’d like FaceID....I’m totally in love♥️
    11-07-2017 05:49 PM
    I had planned to disable it out of the box. Yeah no, it’s awesome. Lol
    ^THIS
    11-07-2017 05:51 PM
    I don't know what phones you guys are using, but both my wife an I got the X, and the Face ID is not that good. It doesn't pick up from many angles. It doesn't pick up in my car mount, I have to lean forward. Even occasionally when I stare right at it, it doesn't catch. I redid my Face ID several times at different angles and distances, and no luck. I also disabled attention which helped a little, but by no means is this an improvement over Touch ID. Touch ID was MUCH faster and more convenient.
    TouchID is faster by maybe a second. For me, at least, FaceID is fast enough. As for convenience, I agree that TouchID is more convenient because you’re taken directly to the home screen after authentication whereas with FaceID, you still have to swipe up to get to the home screen.
    11-07-2017 07:05 PM
    TouchID is faster by maybe a second. For me, at least, FaceID is fast enough. As for convenience, I agree that TouchID is more convenient because you’re taken directly to the home screen after authentication whereas with FaceID, you still have to swipe up to get to the home screen.
    I thought you had the 8? Did you wind up getting the X?
    11-07-2017 08:30 PM
    Still, every now and then I catch myself pressing the screen where the Home button typically is on previous iPhone models...
    I don’t do that anymore but now I find myself swiping up from the bottom of my Mini 4 trying to get to the home screen.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-08-2017 03:19 AM