Anyone having iPhone X buyer's remorse?

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Came from the Note 8. Still have the Note 8 but I’m super impressed with the iPhone X!!

Face ID, screen, size, etc...are complete winners imo. At this point, this is the phone I’ve been waiting for.

I went the opposite I originally bought the iPhone X then jumped to the Note 8. I love the Note 8, screen size, vivid colors, S-pen but I'm getting horrible battery life. My average screen on time is like 2 and half to 3 hours and then I'm down to 20%. I did a factory reset last night and clean install gonna see if that helps, if not then I will be back to X, it has amazing battery life

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I went the opposite I originally bought the iPhone X then jumped to the Note 8. I love the Note 8, screen size, vivid colors, S-pen but I'm getting horrible battery life. My average screen on time is like 2 and half to 3 hours and then I'm down to 20%. I did a factory reset last night and clean install gonna see if that helps, if not then I will be back to X, it has amazing battery life

My battery life was/isn’t that bad with the Note 8. Not sure about SOT but around 11pm my battery is pretty much dead on the Note 8 and I usually unplug at 7am.

On the iPhone X, I’m around 50-60% at 11pm. I unplug from the charger at 7am as well.

The Note 8 is probably my favorite phone I’ve ever used, the iPhone X just makes things a lot easier for me with the wife and kids. Plus I type waaayyy better on the iPhone X.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
My battery life was/isn’t that bad with the Note 8. Not sure about SOT but around 11pm my battery is pretty much dead on the Note 8 and I usually unplug at 7am.

On the iPhone X, I’m around 50-60% at 11pm. I unplug from the charger at 7am as well.

The Note 8 is probably my favorite phone I’ve ever used, the iPhone X just makes things a lot easier for me with the wife and kids. Plus I type waaayyy better on the iPhone X.

I understand that, every one I talk to has an iPhone so its hard being the only one without. I do love the Note 8 but I don't wanna have to worry to much about battery life and finding a charge port. Though 20 minutes of charge on the Note 8 gives you a decent boost

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I understand that, every one I talk to has an iPhone so its hard being the only one without. I do love the Note 8 but I don't wanna have to worry to much about battery life and finding a charge port. Though 20 minutes of charge on the Note 8 gives you a decent boost

Yes, the Note 8 charges way faster than the iPhone X. Battery life on the iPhone X has been very impressive!!

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Do any of you miss the home button?

I am actually at the point where I do not miss it really. Yesterday I had to help my dad fix something with this iPhone 8 Plus and it just felt weird having to use the home button again not to mention muscle memory kept having me swiping which got me nowhere lol.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Do any of you miss the home button?

I am actually at the point where I do not miss it really. Yesterday I had to help my dad fix something with this iPhone 8 Plus and it just felt weird having to use the home button again not to mention muscle memory kept having me swiping which got me nowhere lol.

I don't miss it either. I find myself swiping up to go home on my iPad, which of course doesn't work!

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I’m a full week in with the X and honestly don’t miss the home button one bit. I’m liking the gestures and Face ID a ton.

deku13

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Gestures are cool but swiping down for the control center is awful. 1 week in and still not liking that. But that’s a small issue. Love my x

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
So I had remorse, Sold the iPhone X. I went out and bought a Note 8, ran it for 12 days.... Then returned it and came back. I loved the Note 8 screen and size but the battery life was horrible. The phone barely got through the day of normal usage, I would pull it off charge at 5:30 am and by lunch it would be at 75% with barely any use. I'm happy now with the iPhone X and that it gets much better battery life. I just hope next year they come out with a larger version

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I love the iphone x and am happy to sell my Samsung S8. I do miss certain aspects of the S8. I feel the camera on the S8 is a shade better then the X but i prefer video playback on the X. Sound quality is also better on the X. Have had some minor issues with wifi signal strength not been great unless iam close to my router and sometimes when iam typing i need to touch a key for a second or 3rd time before my touch is recognised but this doesnt happen often enough for me to regret or return my purchase! Hopefully things improve further with software updates. I miss seeing the battery % and wish it had an LED notification light but with that aside. Iam very happy with the X :) Once more apps are optimised and apple irons out any other minor bugs then its gonna be an awesome phone! If the camera can be improved even further with updates then thats exiting too :)

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Nope. This is by far the best Apple iPhone to ever grace the landscape of a plethora of smartphones. Build quality is second to none. Stereo speakers are amazing and what about that notch? Love it! It is what makes Apple stand apart from the others. Being unique and different. Long live the notchie!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I can’t believe I bought one yesterday. No issues with my 256GB 8 Plus and I bought a 256GB X from Swappa yesterday. It’s still within the 60 days that I can add AppleCare+ too. Can’t believe I’m buying another X. Lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73