Anyone having iPhone X buyer's remorse?

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
And after a short stint of thinking I have buyers remorse (went back to an 8 plus) I am now back happily with my X. I can get over its shortcomings, (after going back I realized they weren't that bad after all). This is the future, and I am ready to starting living it now.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
And after a short stint of thinking I have buyers remorse (went back to an 8 plus) I am now back happily with my X. I can get over its shortcomings, (after going back I realized they weren't that bad after all). This is the future, and I am ready to starting living it now.

Awesome! It's definitely not perfect but I don't think there's really truly been a "perfect" phone yet. If there was, there'd never be new designs each year lol. I definitely think the X gets us closer though and that it's a big leap forward at least for Apple in design. I think a lot of the controversy around its design is really more to do with the fact that humans by nature are resistant to change. In the case of Apple, there's been a home button literally since the first iPhone while Android has been all over the place with real buttons, capacitive buttons below the screen, on screen only "buttons" etc.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Regrets? I've had a few. Face ID is a pita, especially in the car, or when I just want to check something quick when the X is lying on the table. And the gesture based navigation is just clumsy, I'm sorry. More steps needed for simple tasks. It's too late to return it, but I really hope they perfect the finger print sensor in the screen tech for the next version.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Regrets? I've had a few. Face ID is a pita, especially in the car, or when I just want to check something quick when the X is lying on the table. And the gesture based navigation is just clumsy, I'm sorry. More steps needed for simple tasks. It's too late to return it, but I really hope they perfect the finger print sensor in the screen tech for the next version.

From what I've seen, I don't believe Apple has any plans to bring the FPS back.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site

8ac614640eef91310a6cebc718351d7a.jpg

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

I'd rather see them perfect faceID anyway. Maybe for the car they can have it disable if you're connected because you're connected to a trusted device etc or improvements to the driving do not disturb thing

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'd rather see them perfect faceID anyway. Maybe for the car they can have it disable if you're connected because you're connected to a trusted device etc or improvements to the driving do not disturb thing

I suspect Apple is thinking that CarPlay is the solution for in a car, as well as that you shouldn't be physically interacting with your phone in the car. Though, in my case my car mount (I use one from ProClip) places my phone where I can look and unlock it. One other option, for when your phone is on your desk, is to get a wireless charging stand -- such as this one -- which will point your phone at your face while it is on your desk.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
No remorse whatsoever. If anything I wish I had gotten it sooner (got it earlier this week). If anything I have buyers remorse on the iPhone 8 Plus I also bought. I like it but the feel and function of the X is so much better. Fits in my small hands way better than the plus. The 8 plus is heavier than previous generations as well so I’m loving the size of the X a lot better

Sonny37

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Had the IPhone X for 3 weeks and took some time getting used to the new gestures. I think the main reason people may have remorse is the price.
Agree with Brooke above post I’m liking the size compared to the 8 plus but that may change when they bring out a bigger version of the X plus next September!

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Only regret so far is that Google has pushed multiple updates to Inbox since Nov. 3rd and NONE of them have reformatted the UI to be compatible with the X yet. Since I only have Gmail now after getting rid of some personal website domain names and associated emails, I only use Inbox for email so yeah.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I’ve had mine for three weeks now, and no buyers remorse for me. I’m very satisfied with my purchase. I have to admit that it’s not such a huge upgrade over the 7+ in many areas, but the camera and overall form factor are far superior I think. I also like the ability to comfortably use the phone one handed again. Never could do that with the plus.

gyounk

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
Stopped using my note8 for the iPhone X and no remorse at all. Love the face id and gestures. Screen is as good as the note8.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Same here. Came from the Note 8. Still have the Note 8 but I’m super impressed with the iPhone X!!

Face ID, screen, size, etc...are complete winners imo. At this point, this is the phone I’ve been waiting for.

meyer

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Only regret so far is that Google has pushed multiple updates to Inbox since Nov. 3rd and NONE of them have reformatted the UI to be compatible with the X yet. Since I only have Gmail now after getting rid of some personal website domain names and associated emails, I only use Inbox for email so yeah.

Have you heard of Astro? I got rid of the Gmail app all together. Other than lack of color/coding the emails in the app, it's awesome with tons of features. I'd recommend trying it.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Have you heard of Astro? I got rid of the Gmail app all together. Other than lack of color/coding the emails in the app, it's awesome with tons of features. I'd recommend trying it.

I actually didn't really use my Gmail account until I got rid of my POP email servers and Outlook so I just went straight to Inbox since I was going to be learning something new anyway and I really like it. Just wish they'd updated it for the X's screen like their other apps.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Quite a few Note 8 converts, that’s very cool

Ya. I’m only 2-3 days in and am already looking to sell off the Note 8 lol.

I thought I liked the Note 8, but iOS is sooooo damn easy to use! That and my wife and kids can FaceTime the crap out of me now lol!