Anyone having iPhone X buyer's remorse?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Haha, same here and have already sold my 8.

This phone is my size limit though coming from a 7/8.

I hear ya. In regard to its size, I agree that it’s quite nice, especially for typing. Still, I think the 4.7” size is the perfect smartphone size, but this one isn’t bad at all.

Riley2521

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a little buyers remorse. I like it, don't get me wrong. But it feels fragile to me (even in a UAG) and I'm afraid I'm going to end up breaking it at the gym. It's also just a touch wider than the 8, which is just enough to make reaching across the screen a bit of a pain. Maybe I'm just conditioned to the size of the 8 after so many iterations of that model, but I love it. I thought about returning it but the husband threatened to divorce me since he paid $380 for me to have an early upgrade to the X. Bottom line is, I still prefer the 8.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I hear ya. In regard to its size, I agree that it’s quite nice, especially for typing. Still, I think the 4.7” size is the perfect smartphone size, but this one isn’t bad at all.

Yeah if they could fit a 5.5" screen into the 7/8 4.7" phone would be perfect.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Its the exact phone we have been asking apple to make for years. Im done complaining and I'm ready to enjoy the greatest phone running the best software with the best build quality and service.

MKNicole1988

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
I received my iPhone X on launch day and loved it... at first... After using it for less than 30 days I began to have second thoughts. I've been a plus user since the 6 Plus and I just couldn't seem to get used to the size of the X. Also, when viewing some third party apps like this forum for instance it didn't take up all of the screen real estate so, the screen was actually smaller than what you see on the plus models. I exchanged my X for the 8 Plus yesterday and didn't realize how much I missed the home button, closing apps without having to hold until the red icon appeared, the weight, the size etc. of the phone until I started using it. Yes, at first it seemed huge but, I am definitely happy to have a plus size model again. I will wait and see if Apple comes out with a Plus model of the X and hope that by then most third party apps will have been fixed to take up the real estate of the X and X Plus.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
24 hrs with it and see no need to switch back, I am happy. Other opinions I may have, might not apply to others, so I will not state them, as they are not valid for everyone.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a little remorse, I kinda want to jump to the dark side. The note 8 is really jumping out to me, bigger screen, stylus pen for screen off notes (big benefit when working in the car industry for quick vin or stock numbers) and I heard a roamer that the note 8 has faster download speeds. It's such a hard choice bc my whole family and friends are iPhone users.... Ugh decisions decisions

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm having a little remorse, I kinda want to jump to the dark side. The note 8 is really jumping out to me, bigger screen, stylus pen for screen off notes (big benefit when working in the car industry for quick vin or stock numbers) and I heard a roamer that the note 8 has faster download speeds. It's such a hard choice bc my whole family and friends are iPhone users.... Ugh decisions decisions

I'm in the same exact boat as you. Starting to have a little remorse and thinking of going back to the dark side with a pixel 2. I miss android and get so bored with iOS. I thought having iOS on an OLED screen would change things but honestly it's that same stale software experience.

My entire family uses iPhones. To send them videos using Whatsapp and video chat with Google duo or Whatsapp is like pulling teeth! But do we conform to what our family uses just to make things "easier" or get what we enjoy to use?!

RTakher209

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
I almost pulled the trigger the other day at the Apple store and purchased the X and then backed out. I couldn’t let my 8 plus go. Two of my cousins received X’s on launch day and both have returned it after 2 weeks. They both went back to an 8Plus. Main gripe, it felt too small.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I won’t ever go back to the plus size again, and I owned all of them except the 8 Plus. The X will be pried from my cold dead hands at this point.

No remorse at all, I pick up my jet black 7 plus that my hubby is now using and can’t believe I ever liked it...

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same exact boat as you. Starting to have a little remorse and thinking of going back to the dark side with a pixel 2. I miss android and get so bored with iOS. I thought having iOS on an OLED screen would change things but honestly it's that same stale software experience.

My entire family uses iPhones. To send them videos using Whatsapp and video chat with Google duo or Whatsapp is like pulling teeth! But do we conform to what our family uses just to make things "easier" or get what we enjoy to use?!

Right!!! I think we stand up and fight for our rights as wanting to be different lol. But you are right its so hard to get others, specially the older ones to switch and learn new apps. I think if you could get them to switch to just facebook messanger then it would be a win win since everyone has facebook lol

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Right!!! I think we stand up and fight for our rights as wanting to be different lol. But you are right its so hard to get others, specially the older ones to switch and learn new apps. I think if you could get them to switch to just facebook messanger then it would be a win win since everyone has facebook lol

I don't use Facebook! So that is totally out of the question. I feel like every other boring person that has an iPhone..I feel like when I have an Android device it one that no one else has, setup wise. iOS is just blah, the notifications suck...I think the X is a little small in size especially with apps like Tapatalk that havent updated yet, they take up even less screen real estate

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I don't use Facebook! So that is totally out of the question. I feel like every other boring person that has an iPhone..I feel like when I have an Android device it one that no one else has, setup wise. iOS is just blah, the notifications suck...I think the X is a little small in size especially with apps like Tapatalk that havent updated yet, they take up even less screen real estate

yeah I agree I feel like the screen is smaller than what I was expecting. I wanted the size or close to the size of a 8 plus with full edge to edge screen

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
yeah I agree I feel like the screen is smaller than what I was expecting. I wanted the size or close to the size of a 8 plus with full edge to edge screen

Yeah and face ID is a little annoying at certain times, the gesture to get out of an app is annoying as well. Idk what to do

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR