Anyone having iPhone X buyer's remorse?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
NO SIR!!! I'm loving my X and everything it has to offer. I do wish iOS would copy two things from Android though. Allowing users to place apps anywhere on screen, and more granular volume control. I always miss having separate ringtone, notification, and alarm volumes on iOS.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Completely in love with mine. Even more so that some of the apps are finally starting update for the horns at the top.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I am not real happy with the X at all. The size to me is smaller than I thought and the swipe navigation is not my favorite. I don't believe that the face ID will be a found next year seems apple will be looking into a new fingerprint sensor next year. The X seems to be a experiment for Apple this year only to change next year.

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
No remorse whatsoever. In love with the phone. Perfect size, face ID works flawlessly, love all the upgrades and the camera is amazing.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
None at all right now. Well, I’m still trying to get my hands on the A1865 model but other than that no. Great device.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
NOPE! I’m getting used to the swiping. The Face ID works great in all lighting so far. I just took a bunch of pictures for a course I’m revising for my job with the new iPhone X. On the phone they look great but I’ll be able to tell better tonight when I download the pics to my iMac.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
No regrets here

I am not real happy with the X at all. The size to me is smaller than I thought and the swipe navigation is not my favorite. I don't believe that the face ID will be a found next year seems apple will be looking into a new fingerprint sensor next year. The X seems to be a experiment for Apple this year only to change next year.

Have you seen any stories pointing to going back to a fingerprint sensor? I don't see them going back based on the work they put into FaceID and that a couple years ago they bought the company the developed the original Microsoft Kinect (FaceID is a mini version of that). Seems like their intent has been to move to something like FaceID for a while now.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
No regrets here

Have you seen any stories pointing to going back to a fingerprint sensor? I don't see them going back based on the work they put into FaceID and that a couple years ago they bought the company the developed the original Microsoft Kinect (FaceID is a mini version of that). Seems like their intent has been to move to something like FaceID for a while now.

I'm in agreement about FaceID. It will be improved upon, but I don't see them giving up on it. Apple Senior VP of Hardware Engineering, Dan Riccio was interviewed by techcrunch and said as much.

“I heard some rumor [that] we couldn’t get Touch ID to work through the glass so we had to remove that,” Riccio says, answering a question about whether there were late design changes. “When we hit early line of sight on getting Face ID to be [as] good as it was, we knew that if we could be successful we could enable the product that we wanted to go off and do and if that’s true it could be something that we could burn the bridges and be all in with. This is assuming it was a better solution. And that’s what we did. So we spent no time looking at fingerprints on the back or through the glass or on the side because if we did those things, which would be a last-minute change, they would be a distraction relative to enabling the more important thing that we were trying to achieve, which was Face ID done in a high-quality way.”

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
That's right I thought I read that somewhere in a recent story that popped up in my Google feed. I understand why some people like TouchID but I'm personally happy with FaceID. It's much more consistent for me so far than TouchID ever was. No idea why, it just is. (no idea why TouchID wasn't consistent for me)

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
I am, for the price alone, I loooooove the device, i just am struggling to keep it at this price tag. :/

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Loving the device thus far. However, still on the fence about the price (for me $1416.94).
Big difference in size, between my iPhone 8 Plus, and the X. Alas, let's see if I get past the 14 day return window ;)

That’s why I financed mine through my carrier. Put $270 down payment and $30 a month. Also, just got the 64 as I don’t need 256 because I use iCloud photo to store my 11,000 pics and videos.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I love the phone. I'm not sure it's worth the price tag associated with it though. But I do really love the phone. I don't have any complaints. I love the size. FaceID works well and I love how it integrates with all my passwords. It just looks at my face and my passwords are automatically entered. That's great. Screen is beautiful. Haven't played with the camera much yet. Overall I really enjoy the phone.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I love the phone. I'm not sure it's worth the price tag associated with it though. But I do really love the phone. I don't have any complaints. I love the size. FaceID works well and I love how it integrates with all my passwords. It just looks at my face and my passwords are automatically entered. That's great. Screen is beautiful. Haven't played with the camera much yet. Overall I really enjoy the phone.

iCloud Keychain FTW :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Sums up my thoughts. Looking forward to using the camera more! Also I use Lastpass but may have to start using the apple keychain more because it seems more integrated, though I like the security of Lastpass and availability anywhere.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone out there with new iPhone X in hand have buyer's remorse? Loving it so far, or do you regret the purchase??

I had no business entering the mall and visiting the Apple Store therein this past Saturday. I was completely content with my iPhone 8. Now here I am with two brand new iPhone models. I can’t return the iPhone 8, but I sure as heck can return the iPhone X.......but......I’m not. With that in mind, I don’t have any regrets about getting it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW