Only regret so far is that Google has pushed multiple updates to Inbox since Nov. 3rd and NONE of them have reformatted the UI to be compatible with the X yet. Since I only have Gmail now after getting rid of some personal website domain names and associated emails, I only use Inbox for email so yeah.
    Have you heard of Astro? I got rid of the Gmail app all together. Other than lack of color/coding the emails in the app, it's awesome with tons of features. I'd recommend trying it.
    12-11-2017 01:31 PM
    Have you heard of Astro? I got rid of the Gmail app all together. Other than lack of color/coding the emails in the app, it's awesome with tons of features. I'd recommend trying it.
    I actually didn't really use my Gmail account until I got rid of my POP email servers and Outlook so I just went straight to Inbox since I was going to be learning something new anyway and I really like it. Just wish they'd updated it for the X's screen like their other apps.
    12-11-2017 03:38 PM
    Quite a few Note 8 converts, that’s very cool
    gyounk likes this.
    12-11-2017 06:27 PM
    Quite a few Note 8 converts, that’s very cool
    Ya. I’m only 2-3 days in and am already looking to sell off the Note 8 lol.

I thought I liked the Note 8, but iOS is sooooo damn easy to use! That and my wife and kids can FaceTime the crap out of me now lol!
    TripleOne, gyounk and iwoodland like this.
    12-11-2017 07:50 PM
    Ya. I’m only 2-3 days in and am already looking to sell off the Note 8 lol.

I thought I liked the Note 8, but iOS is sooooo damn easy to use! That and my wife and kids can FaceTime the crap out of me now lol!
    Hahahaha!
    12-11-2017 07:52 PM
    Same here. Came from the Note 8. Still have the Note 8 but I’m super impressed with the iPhone X!!

Face ID, screen, size, etc...are complete winners imo. At this point, this is the phone I’ve been waiting for.
    I went the opposite I originally bought the iPhone X then jumped to the Note 8. I love the Note 8, screen size, vivid colors, S-pen but I'm getting horrible battery life. My average screen on time is like 2 and half to 3 hours and then I'm down to 20%. I did a factory reset last night and clean install gonna see if that helps, if not then I will be back to X, it has amazing battery life
    12-12-2017 07:09 AM
    I went the opposite I originally bought the iPhone X then jumped to the Note 8. I love the Note 8, screen size, vivid colors, S-pen but I'm getting horrible battery life. My average screen on time is like 2 and half to 3 hours and then I'm down to 20%. I did a factory reset last night and clean install gonna see if that helps, if not then I will be back to X, it has amazing battery life
    My battery life was/isn’t that bad with the Note 8. Not sure about SOT but around 11pm my battery is pretty much dead on the Note 8 and I usually unplug at 7am.

On the iPhone X, I’m around 50-60% at 11pm. I unplug from the charger at 7am as well.

The Note 8 is probably my favorite phone I’ve ever used, the iPhone X just makes things a lot easier for me with the wife and kids. Plus I type waaayyy better on the iPhone X.
    mach1man likes this.
    12-12-2017 09:18 AM
    My battery life was/isn’t that bad with the Note 8. Not sure about SOT but around 11pm my battery is pretty much dead on the Note 8 and I usually unplug at 7am.

On the iPhone X, I’m around 50-60% at 11pm. I unplug from the charger at 7am as well.

The Note 8 is probably my favorite phone I’ve ever used, the iPhone X just makes things a lot easier for me with the wife and kids. Plus I type waaayyy better on the iPhone X.
    I understand that, every one I talk to has an iPhone so its hard being the only one without. I do love the Note 8 but I don't wanna have to worry to much about battery life and finding a charge port. Though 20 minutes of charge on the Note 8 gives you a decent boost
    Lefty724 likes this.
    12-12-2017 11:48 AM
    I understand that, every one I talk to has an iPhone so its hard being the only one without. I do love the Note 8 but I don't wanna have to worry to much about battery life and finding a charge port. Though 20 minutes of charge on the Note 8 gives you a decent boost
    Yes, the Note 8 charges way faster than the iPhone X. Battery life on the iPhone X has been very impressive!!
    12-12-2017 07:20 PM
    Do any of you miss the home button?
    12-15-2017 09:21 AM
    Not one bit. I’m glad it’s gone to be honest. Love the new gestures. Reminds me of when I use to jailbreak.
    nnahorski likes this.
    12-15-2017 09:22 AM
    I am actually at the point where I do not miss it really. Yesterday I had to help my dad fix something with this iPhone 8 Plus and it just felt weird having to use the home button again not to mention muscle memory kept having me swiping which got me nowhere lol.
    nnahorski, nr2d and PrincessB like this.
    12-15-2017 09:38 AM
    I am actually at the point where I do not miss it really. Yesterday I had to help my dad fix something with this iPhone 8 Plus and it just felt weird having to use the home button again not to mention muscle memory kept having me swiping which got me nowhere lol.
    I don't miss it either. I find myself swiping up to go home on my iPad, which of course doesn't work!
    PrincessB likes this.
    12-15-2017 10:52 AM
    Not at all
    PrincessB likes this.
    12-16-2017 02:14 AM
    Not at all. Gestures FTW!
    12-16-2017 03:46 PM
    Not at all. Gestures FTW!
    I felt I had to return my iPhone X because it was just too expensive, but the thing I think I miss most is the lack of a home button.
    zinedine likes this.
    12-16-2017 07:13 PM
    I’m a full week in with the X and honestly don’t miss the home button one bit. I’m liking the gestures and Face ID a ton.
    12-16-2017 07:19 PM
    Gestures are cool but swiping down for the control center is awful. 1 week in and still not liking that. But that’s a small issue. Love my x
    12-16-2017 10:07 PM
    So I had remorse, Sold the iPhone X. I went out and bought a Note 8, ran it for 12 days.... Then returned it and came back. I loved the Note 8 screen and size but the battery life was horrible. The phone barely got through the day of normal usage, I would pull it off charge at 5:30 am and by lunch it would be at 75% with barely any use. I'm happy now with the iPhone X and that it gets much better battery life. I just hope next year they come out with a larger version
    12-18-2017 09:29 AM
    I love the iphone x and am happy to sell my Samsung S8. I do miss certain aspects of the S8. I feel the camera on the S8 is a shade better then the X but i prefer video playback on the X. Sound quality is also better on the X. Have had some minor issues with wifi signal strength not been great unless iam close to my router and sometimes when iam typing i need to touch a key for a second or 3rd time before my touch is recognised but this doesnt happen often enough for me to regret or return my purchase! Hopefully things improve further with software updates. I miss seeing the battery % and wish it had an LED notification light but with that aside. Iam very happy with the X Once more apps are optimised and apple irons out any other minor bugs then its gonna be an awesome phone! If the camera can be improved even further with updates then thats exiting too
    12-18-2017 02:31 PM
    Nope. This is by far the best Apple iPhone to ever grace the landscape of a plethora of smartphones. Build quality is second to none. Stereo speakers are amazing and what about that notch? Love it! It is what makes Apple stand apart from the others. Being unique and different. Long live the notchie!
    03-10-2018 11:50 PM
    I can’t believe I bought one yesterday. No issues with my 256GB 8 Plus and I bought a 256GB X from Swappa yesterday. It’s still within the 60 days that I can add AppleCare+ too. Can’t believe I’m buying another X. Lol
    03-11-2018 08:01 PM
    A tiny bit but it's a fine phone, but so were my 7 Pluses.
    03-11-2018 08:18 PM
    Best purchase I ever made
    mumfoau likes this.
    03-11-2018 09:24 PM
    Not at all. If I paid full price, I might have a little, but then again I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. At this point I think this is a phone I could keep and use for a long time. That is all relative, because I struggle to make it longer than 9 months on a single device, but I think I could double that at least on the X.
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-12-2018 01:04 PM
147 ... 3456