Common iPhone X Issues

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Share any common/recurring issues you have with iPhone X right here. Post solutions if you have them too, if not, hopefully the community will step up with some helpful solutions!

What issues, if any, have you experienced so far??

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I haven't had any issues yet, but it does seem that at my house my signal isn't quite as good as my 8. I would assume they'd have the same radios. May take my case off my X after it charges to see if the antennas are in the same place.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Facing the same issues with signal strength. Same areas where I would have a decent signal have become complete dead zones or 1x.

Scout100

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Got my X on Monday. Today I am having charging issues. Phone will not charge unless I power off and back on with charging cable installed. I think it must be software related. Not sure where to go with this. Additionally right from the start, I can no longer play voicemails even though they show up and the transcription beta is reading them. I am sure these are little bug things but I have rarely had multiple issues in the past. Any suggestions are appreciated

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Got my X on Monday. Today I am having charging issues. Phone will not charge unless I power off and back on with charging cable installed. I think it must be software related. Not sure where to go with this. Additionally right from the start, I can no longer play voicemails even though they show up and the transcription beta is reading them. I am sure these are little bug things but I have rarely had multiple issues in the past. Any suggestions are appreciated

I think the your issues is more serious than you think. Take it to Apple store and they will replace it. They usually have phones reserved in stock who are having issues and needs to be replaced. If they don’t have one, try to do reservation at 7AM. They usually have stock everyday but they run out so quickly. If you’re not able to secure one, try again the next day. The reason why I’m suggesting reservation so that they will have your phone available as soon as you arrived. I did this 2 years ago when I had the problem with my 6S plus having a dark spot on the lower left corner of the screen.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Share any common/recurring issues you have with iPhone X right here. Post solutions if you have them too, if not, hopefully the community will step up with some helpful solutions!

What issues, if any, have you experienced so far??

No issues thus far, thankfully.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had any issues yet, but it does seem that at my house my signal isn't quite as good as my 8. I would assume they'd have the same radios. May take my case off my X after it charges to see if the antennas are in the same place.

Are you still seeing signal strength issues?

Sci_Fy

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
No issues but UI niggles. In message appthe microphone in the bottom right corner keeps getting accidentally triggered by my hand when texting. It’s in a silly position and needs to be moved.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
No real issues so far, I have noticed my ringer volume is a lot lower then it was on my iPhone 8 and 8 plus or is it just me?

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
For me the Safari browser makes the phone go very hot. Tried to put adblocker off and not sure did it make browsing little bit less heat generating.
Only solution I have found is to use 3dt party browser. No heating problem whatsoever.

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
No real issues so far, I have noticed my ringer volume is a lot lower then it was on my iPhone 8 and 8 plus or is it just me?

Do you only notice this when you’re looking at the screen? With the X, it knows when you’re looking at the screen, so it automatically lowers the volume of the ringer and other alerts. If you prefer it not to do that, you can turn off “Attention Aware Features” in Settings > General > Accessibility > Face ID & Attention

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Issues with speaker(s) (?). Sounds like a tin-can when talking to people on the speakerphone. Much worse than my 7 Plus. Readding Reddit, others have reported this issue and then again on replacement phones. Maybe this is software related like on the 8?

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I never lose LTE or anything. Just fewer bars at home. I have gotten a carrier settings update and it seems to give me maybe one extra bar. Now I have 2 instead of 1 at home.

I'm dubious about the number of bars showing now after antenna gate and getting rid of the dbm field test- but I just ordered an X and I guess I'll have until January 8th to make sure it works well.
Thanks

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm dubious about the number of bars showing now after antenna gate and getting rid of the dbm field test- but I just ordered an X and I guess I'll have until January 8th to make sure it works well.
Thanks
Sure thing! It's nothing I'm worried about. It was just an observation. Now if I was switching down to 3G I wouldn't be happy.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Touchscreen stops working and works sporadically the instant I go outside in the cold here in Sweden. My replacement unit went back to Apple yesterday as the first one was exactly the same. I guess I'll get a third one. Not exactly very happy about it. Lots of people have this issue but some don't. It's weird.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2