At first I said no...

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
That is great!!

I am now noticing that flicker when going into apps just below the notch. It must be a glitch. Anyone else getting this?

Also had to do a reboot because my messaging app header was disappearing.

2544afb0ea38bc6e95f4010c46a0afa3.jpg

bluej3

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
So you don't have it anymore?? It just all of a sudden started. I've had the phone since 11/3

Along with this issue there was a battery issue, so i exchanged iphone x for iphone 8 plus bcuz i wouldn't know if i might get these issues again with another iphone x.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing. I had an iPhone 8 Plus and I was convinced I wasn't getting the iPhone X. But then on a whim, like always, I went to Best Buy on November 3rd an hour after the store opened and got a 256GB silver iPhone X. I have no regrets. It is definitely the best iPhone I have ever used.

Let us know when you get it!

The number of people I’ve seen on the forums who just happened to randomly walk into a store and leave with an X after having no intentions on getting one is funny. You guys just randomly walk into a store and spend $1200 often? Lol.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
No worries, I said the same thing. "I'm content with my 7 Plus" I said. Then I got the 8 plus and said, "I'm content with my 8 plus" before getting the X. It happens

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
No worries, I said the same thing. "I'm content with my 7 Plus" I said. Then I got the 8 plus and said, "I'm content with my 8 plus" before getting the X. It happens

That’s just because you’re weak but haven’t accepted it yet. I knew I was getting an iPhone X before they even announced it.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. The Domain Northside Apple Store got some X's in and I had to give it a show. Anyway, about to pick up the X at 3:00

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
The number of people I’ve seen on the forums who just happened to randomly walk into a store and leave with an X after having no intentions on getting one is funny. You guys just randomly walk into a store and spend $1200 often? Lol.

I randomly went into a Best Buy and spent $150 for the iPhone X, with the exchange of a 256GB iPhone 8 Plus in which I paid full retail price.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations!
Let us know your impressions on it.
I have a few so far.
  • The first thing that stuck out to me: The body of this phone is small. Like, really small. Like "how do they fit a screen in this?" small. That was literally my first imporession out of the box.
  • Not X specific, but the fast setup between two device is super nice
  • FaceID setup was lightning fast. The feature has been lightning fast, but more on that later
  • This is a broken record around these parts, but the oddities in the screen do not bother me. They're fine. Would I prefer straight corners and a normal aspect ratio? Maybe, but not at the expense of FaceID/Bezelless design
  • The new gestures took a few attempts to become second nature, but now it's not a problem. The Home Bar helps, but now that I have it down, I wish I could disable it.
  • The battery life so far has been good, but like everyone has said so far, this is the spiritual successor to the 7, 8, not the plus size phones, so the battery is pretty stellar so far. Have to spend a little more time with it.
  • The camera is very, very good. I still maintain the Pixel 2 XL is a bit better for standard point and shoot, but for finess shots (various lighting modes, for example) and the 2x zoom, you really can't beat iPhone.
  • The actual color and lighting of the screen is truly incredible. Apple has nailed the presentation. I love True Tone
  • Blue shift is almost unnoticeable (coming from a Pixel 2 XL, that is a major relief)
  • Wireless charging is great and I highly recommend the Samsung $25 one on Amazon
  • Is it worth the price? I would say the cop out phrase "If any phone is worth $1000, iPhone X is"

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a few so far.
  • The first thing that stuck out to me: The body of this phone is small. Like, really small. Like "how do they fit a screen in this?" small. That was literally my first imporession out of the box.
  • FaceID setup was lightning fast. The feature has been lightning fast, but more on that later
  • This is a broken record around these parts, but the oddities in the screen do not bother me. They're fine. Would I prefer straight corners and a normal aspect ratio? Maybe, but not at the expense of FaceID/Bezelless design
  • The new gestures took a few attempts to become second nature, but now it's not a problem. The Home Bar helps, but now that I have it down, I wish I could disable it.
  • The battery life so far has been good, but like everyone has said so far, this is the spiritual successor to the 7, 8, not the plus size phones, so the battery is pretty stellar so far. Have to spend a little more time with it.
  • The camera is very, very good. I still maintain the Pixel 2 XL is a bit better for standard point and shoot, but for finess shots (various lighting modes, for example) and the 2x zoom, you really can't beat iPhone.
  • The actual color and lighting of the screen is truly incredible. Apple has nailed the presentation. I love True Tone
  • Blue shift is almost unnoticeable (coming from a Pixel 2 XL, that is a major relief)
  • Wireless charging is great and I highly recommend the Samsung $25 one on Amazon
  • Is it worth the price? I would say the cop out phrase "If any phone is worth $1000, iPhone X is"

Thank you!
I can’t imagine what next year’s iPhone is going to offer.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I have a few so far.

Question, did you get rid of your pixel 2 XL? What did you think about the size diff? Reason I ask is I had the 2 XL on preorder, went to Verizon to check it out and hated the blue shift and screen quality. Also hated the size, thought it was overly large and the phone itself felt junky...very light weight and had no substance to it.

I really wanted to try android again and I'd only go back on a pixel device, was considering the pixel 2 but thought I was going back in time to chunky bezels.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73