At first I said no...

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I️ said I️ was going with the 8+. I️ really like the Touch ID. I️ like the form factor of the 8+. I️ have a 6S+. So I️ wanted to stay with the form factor.

I️ went to Best Buy today. I️ played with both the 8+ and X. I️ am definitely going to get the X. I️ fell in love with it. It felt good in my hands. I️ will have the gestures to get used to but that shouldn’t be a problem.

The notch? Meh not a deal breaker. I️ fell in love with a phone I️ said I wouldn’t get. Damm you APPLE, Damm you to heck!

bluej3

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
At first I️ said no...

I was exactly in the same situation as urs. I have a 6s plus and I wanted to get the 8 plus so I went to best buy and iphone 8 plus and iphone x were right next to each and after seeing and feeling iphone x, man! i couldn't say no...so i bought an x. it is a super cool device. actually the notch is a powerhouse. it is one of a kind.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I knew as soon as I saw the X I wanted it. My only hesitation was the cost. After paying a down payment to TMo, my monthly payments are actually lower than my 8.

bluej3

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
Update: i had to return my iphone x bcuz it had some issues with battery and display. And i bought 8 plus.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I did the same thing. I had an iPhone 8 Plus and I was convinced I wasn't getting the iPhone X. But then on a whim, like always, I went to Best Buy on November 3rd an hour after the store opened and got a 256GB silver iPhone X. I have no regrets. It is definitely the best iPhone I have ever used.

Let us know when you get it!

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I did quite the contrary. I like the new iPhone X, and I know it is the future of iPhone... but not now. As usual, Apple’s revolutions are brilliant, but they don’t come for free. iOS is not quite ready for that, and the screen form factor isn’t what I really like. Despite the 5.8” moniker, the screen is just a taller iPhone 8, not really an iPhone 8 Plus.
For this reason I bought an iPhone 8 Plus for this year, and I’m very happy about it.
Next year I’ll buy the iPhone 11.

bluej3

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
Well that sucks.

How come you didn't exchange it?

Because i heard these issues are common and i don't want to face it again so i thought for now i wil go with 8 plus, and then there will always be an improved, better versions of x coming in the near future, hence this decision

bluej3

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
I did quite the contrary. I like the new iPhone X, and I know it is the future of iPhone... but not now. As usual, Apple’s revolutions are brilliant, but they don’t come for free. iOS is not quite ready for that, and the screen form factor isn’t what I really like. Despite the 5.8” moniker, the screen is just a taller iPhone 8, not really an iPhone 8 Plus.
For this reason I bought an iPhone 8 Plus for this year, and I’m very happy about it.
Next year I’ll buy the iPhone 11.

Smart decision

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I was also on the “not for me” side but reading reviews and playing with a store display has swayed me. I’m picking mine up later this morning.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I was about to go to the 8 Plus if I wasn't able to secure a set from my local telco pre-order, but glad I did and completely digging the X!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing. I had an iPhone 8 Plus and I was convinced I wasn't getting the iPhone X. But then on a whim, like always, I went to Best Buy on November 3rd an hour after the store opened and got a 256GB silver iPhone X. I have no regrets. It is definitely the best iPhone I have ever used.

Let us know when you get it!

Welcome to the club.......I, too, have a silver 256GB model and love it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Because i heard these issues are common and i don't want to face it again so i thought for now i wil go with 8 plus, and then there will always be an improved, better versions of x coming in the near future, hence this decision

I guess I got lucky then because battery life has been great and no issues with the screen.