Do you close out apps or just leave them minimized?

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
None. Unless it’s draining battery like Facebook does. Apple specifically says to only close apps if they are causing issues or not working. iOS is built to handle all the apps open all the time.

That’s what I figured. I’ve never closed any apps in the few years I’ve had an iPhone unless they specifically wouldn’t reopen.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I always close all of my apps, but I probably don't need to. Just habit. Facebook kills battery life, though, so I always make sure to close that one.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I leave them open, unless it’s an app that is known to drain my battery. I let the iOS manage the apps. It uses more battery to keep opening the apps.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I keep Mail and Messages open all the time, but others I tend to close. I know it's not necessary and it's best to let iOS do it's thing, but I don't like going to multi-tasking and having tons of apps open.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I usually close both apps and webpages once every couple of days, particularly if operations seem to be slowing down, which they do on my old kit if I don't do it ! Battery life is not really affected as my iPad is usually plugged in when I do it,and probably when I open an app again.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I tend not to close apps, unless I have a lot open. The one exception are things like navigation apps, like Waze, that I have location set to be on even when I'm not using the app; since they are using some extra power, not to mention I don't need them tracking me.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Me too, I don’t close app. I let the system manage it as recommended by Apple. Only close up if having problems launching the app. It also drains your battery faster because it’s going to load your app from the beginning all the time.

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
i keep my apps open at all times(backgroud app refresh OFF) unless they are having issues. it takes more battery to open and close an app..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro