X battery life

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
had my silver 256gb x since launch day, my battery drains a little quick but its expected. i still want to give it about another few days to settle to start judging the battery.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
My battery drain is huge. I was using a beta since day 1 on my 7 plus. Had crappy battery.

Now on my IPhone X I get terrible battery life compared to you guys.

I’m at 12% with moderate use.

Any suggestions? No background app refresh is on. I have two push emails. It says highest use is Facebook and safari.

Also I use the mophie wireless charger, could that be it? View attachment 120227View attachment 120227

Facebook is a major battery drain. I don't use FB very often, but when I do I use it through Safari instead of the app. I refuse to download that awful app.

I don't see that as bad battery life anyway. Almost 11 hrs standby with almost 7 hours usage doesn't sound bad to me.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
iPhone X has a bigger battery than 8 plus, so it should last longer than or at least same as 8 plus given it’s larger display. So far I feel like it’s lasting about the same as the plus, but I’ve been using it all lot too. I wanna give it a good 2 weeks before I judge the battery life. And I’m sure future optimization via software updates will make it better, I feel like this phone is still in initial testing phase.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
7798ffa9f24d817b9c237ba89d0ea13d.jpg

Pretty much the same amount of use today currently at 48%

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine's down to 21% after 14 hours of use (off the charger at 6am and it's 8pm now). I wasn't hard core with it but I did use it a bunch to make some calls, send some texts, play a bit of Madden Mobile, check the social feeds. I'm happy! Just reset settings so can't post a screenshot of the stats though.
Tomorrow will be a test as I'll tend to stream podcast in the car for the 1 hour each way commute. We'll see :)

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
The battery life is okay, not great. Initially it seemed better but it has since settled into an "okay but not great" state. The OLED screen sucks huge amounts of power because everything in iOS is so white/light colored. In general I never find battery life to be that great on devices using OLED screens. I had the same complaint about my S8+ and my S7 Edge, and so on.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
For me, improved battery life may be the feature I appreciate most about the phone. I just can't believe how good it is. My phone gets charged overnight plus 2 20-minute commute times every day. When I plugged in last night I was at 72%.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
A little off topic but has anyone purchased the fast charger? and if so, how much faster is it then the charger apple gives out of the box? It actually disgusts me that they did not include the fast charger! There is no reasoning behind that other then greed

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
A little off topic but has anyone purchased the fast charger? and if so, how much faster is it then the charger apple gives out of the box? It actually disgusts me that they did not include the fast charger! There is no reasoning behind that other then greed

It's something like a $70 setup to get it so that's probably why it's not included in the box vs the probably $10 setup they did put in. I do plan to probably eventually buy a fast charge setup but for now I'm actually looking more towards wireless especially now that the "fast" wireless charge is out. Usually I just use a 12W iPad charger though and it's been fast enough when I get home from work. I usually switch to using my iPad at that point anyway especially now that I can send not only iMessage but SMS as well from it while the phone is home with it.

I really think that my battery life is probably similar to what I was getting on my 7+ after a year of use, if not a little better. I really have no complaints and I'm sure anyone coming from a non-plus model is probably actually really happy with it in most cases. I'll have to ask my wife what she's noticed there since she always used the regular 4.7" phones.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
For me, improved battery life may be the feature I appreciate most about the phone. I just can't believe how good it is. My phone gets charged overnight plus 2 20-minute commute times every day. When I plugged in last night I was at 72%.

That’s what I appreciate too, it’s definitely better than the 4.7” iPhone models and very comparable to the Plus variants.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

I bought the lightning to USB C cable. That's all I needed b/c I have a MBP power brick to use it with. The initial charging time is super fast if the battery is low, but it slows down as battery gets charged. For example, if my phone is at 20% when I plug it in it charges super fast in the beginning, but once it gets closer to 100% the charging slows down.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2