Second Thoughts?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Not really a second thought, but I bought the phone with full intention of just playing around with it for the 2 weeks I’m allotted before I can return it for a full refund. I’m pretty close to decided that I will return it before this Saturday.

It’s a wonderful device, but my 8 Plus feels more convenient to use with Touch ID. Face ID is really good but I honestly feel like a schmuck at times when I’m trying to get it to work.

I’m sure I’ll buy it again at a future date when more 3rd party apps are updated for scaling on the X.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I’ve thought about doing that here and there but my thought was no. I always thought that if something went wrong than I’m stuck with it.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm having second thoughts as well, I like the iPhone X but the face id doesn't work as well as I would like. Touch Id works great bc you don't need to have the phone near you to unlock it, the X the phone has to be basically in your face. The one thing that is keeping me on the X is the camera, the dual stabilization is nice. If the iphone 8 plus is close to the X then I would consider swapping over. Hopefully apps will switch here soon to the new X screen format, the black bars are getting ugly

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
To me the X size is perfect. I can put it in my pocket easy enough i can use it one handed, but when i want to watch youtube or play an optimized game i get a nice big display.

I always loved the plus models but they just become unwieldy sometimes for me always having to take it out of my pockets to sit or holding it depending on my attire. battery life and gaming was great though but then add an otterbox and forget it.

Right now a lot of apps are not optimized for the X even the ones that fill the whole screen arent fully optimized they just rushed scaling. So yes playing unoptimized games sucks right now. The X is a first gen product just like when the plus came out and we had these giant borders around some apps or they finally scaled them but everything was just magnified. It is going to be a year of growing pains, but in a few months the experience on the X will be much closer to the current experience on the plus.

and as an update to my original post here i wound up keeping the X, the price was tough to swallow because my old phone worked fine but i am happy with the x and look forward to some more optimizations.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Here I am almost 3 weeks in and there’s a 0% chance I would ever want to go to something as big as the plus. My son has the 7+ and it’s just way too behind when it comes to modern ratio screens. I love having the size of the screen of the plus and the size of the phone of a standard phone. Yeah there is little differences here and there as far as size but we’re talking millimeters and the overall feel in the hand in day-to-day usability is leagues beyond. I have even chosen the X over my note 8 as my daily driver.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
cfcb03c8fc29cac8e495a78bfb4486d3.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner