Second Thoughts?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Since buying the 8 plus on Tuesday, I’m still looking at the Apple app for the X. I’ve had every plus since the 6. Now I have the 8 one. It doesn’t feel like a brick to me at least. I like the size of it. Don’t know if I can go smaller which I think the X is. Probably will have to wait till next year to see if they make it bigger. Hope I’ll be able to put it in my leg pocket!

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Since buying the 8 plus on Tuesday, I’m still looking at the Apple app for the X. I’ve had every plus since the 6. Now I have the 8 one. It doesn’t feel like a brick to me at least. I like the size of it. Don’t know if I can go smaller which I think the X is. Probably will have to wait till next year to see if they make it bigger. Hope I’ll be able to put it in my leg pocket!

From reading different forums some people that are big plus fans are disappointed with the X and are returning. So you may be better off waiting.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Your right. Because in the end it’s in your hand, not theirs. You have to find out yourself.

One review on YouTube was saying there’s no landscape on the X like on the 8 plus. I haven’t tried it on the X so I’m not sure about that.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Your right. Because in the end it’s in your hand, not theirs. You have to find out yourself.

One review on YouTube was saying there’s no landscape on the X like on the 8 plus. I haven’t tried it on the X so I’m not sure about that.

There is no landscape mode like the Plus models.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I would stay with the X. I loved the Plus phones at first but I had the 8 plus and it was a brick...and this is so much more easier to use. It’s an illusion about the smallness because it’s mostly all screen.

The smallness is definitely not an illusion. You get less screen area on the X than on the Plus even though the X is a 5.8 inch screen. The X is a great compromise between the regular 4.7 inch and the 5.5 inch plus. It really comes down to personal preference.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I just don’t understand people who complain about apps not being optimized for the X. You guys do realize that apps are getting updated daily right? Especially the most popular ones.

I for one do not feel like I am losing any viewable space compared to my plus. It is fractionally different that’s all.

And no, absolutely zero second thoughts. This is the best iPhone I have ever used and I have used all of them except for the SE.

bluej3

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
X is a great phone with face ID and other new features but when it comes to the screen size i prefer plus. I bought X but i had battery and display issues with the device i got and i returned but bought a 8 plus.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I am strongly leaning towards keeping the iPhone X now. I even purchased another case today, the Apple Leather, Red...

I haven’t even given myself the option to return my X as I’ve already sold and shipped my 8 Plus through Swappa. I’ve also ordered another case (Spigen Ultra Hybrid) and some more tempered glass screen protectors! I’m all in! Lol

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I played with one at Verizon today and loved the look and feel of the phone. The display size is perfect and the lack of bezels makes it small enough to hold comfortably. But honestly, it’s not that much of an upgrade in my opinion because it’s still iOS. If it was just a standard every year swap for me I’d do it but I have incentive to stick with an iPhone 7. I’ll be making the switch when the Xs hits next year.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
There is a big difference between the size of the 8 and the X. The X is smaller than I originally thought and the font sizes are super small until apps are updated. Very nice device just super different from prior models.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Haha, I know what you mean!!! I really want to get my niece an iPad for Xmas this year, but it's gonna hurt my bank acct getting an AW Series 3, iPhone X, and an iPad (hopefully Pro) all within a few months. Just hoping for a good Black Friday sale on the iPads.

Same here...all that + 2017 MBP Touch bar 512GB

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2