Second Thoughts?

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
No regrets. A little shame maybe since we’re so close to the holiday season. A little selfish maybe. But no regrets.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
No regrets. A little shame maybe since we’re so close to the holiday season. A little selfish maybe. But no regrets.

Haha, I know what you mean!!! I really want to get my niece an iPad for Xmas this year, but it's gonna hurt my bank acct getting an AW Series 3, iPhone X, and an iPad (hopefully Pro) all within a few months. Just hoping for a good Black Friday sale on the iPads.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn’t say I have regrets. However after 3 years with a plus model phone going down in just shear size is hard to get used to. Even though is screen is marginally smaller, it’s just weird to go from a colossal giant to well the X.

ReggieTee

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Eh I have second thoughts. I'm back on my 6S Plus today. Wiped and boxed up the X last night fully intent on returning it and getting the 8 Plus. I don't know that it's worth the price tag. I love the software. I love touch ID and gestures didn't take long to learn. What's disappointing the most is the size. What I knew is that it wasn't as tall as the Plus series. What I didn't anticipate is it being more narrow than the Plus. This makes the phone really small for someone who never card for the iPhone prior to the Plus series. The phone isn't getting any larger this year so $1000 for a product I'm not exactly happy with. That said, once I learned I have 20 days to return, I think I'm going to go back to it until Friday like I originally planned. I am second guessing though.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
The screen is taller and narrower which makes typing on the keyboard a bit harder to two-handed type on it.

I'm a complete one handed phone user, so the more narrow size is a big plus for me. The Plus series was difficult for me to type on one handed. I do get your point though. If you're accustomed to typing with both hands, it could be awkward on a more narrow phone.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
No regrets. It took a day or so to get used to the smaller form factor from the Plus. But Face ID has worked well so far, camera is great, speakers are great, screen is great. The gestures remind me of jailbreak tweaks I have used in the past so the muscle memory for me was there.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I am really enjoying reading how happy most people are with the X. It is very exciting to get the new Iphone at or about launch.

I have decided to stick with my 8+ and going to watch the excitement from the beach and not jump into the frenzied waters. I had a 7+ Product Red Iphone and it was without a doubt my favorite phone of all time. I had it working perfectly. I only jumped to the 8+ because I was offered $700 for my 7+ so it was not much of a financial burden.

I am genuinely happy for all you guys and gals enjoying the heck out of the X.. I will make my way to the party at some point but for now, I am loving my 8+

Keep posting and I'll keep reading!!

apcman

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
For me it’s little things like a full status bar at the top or even Touch ID. Not having the Bluetooth logo or alarm symbol or battery percentage is a big annoyance. I know it’s the future but I guess going from the familiar to the unfamiliar is scary with a 1000 dollar purchase.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have no regrets. I gave up on getting a iP X and bought an 8+ on Friday. Coming from a iP 7 the 8+ felt heavy "clunky" and to big. I was able to get an iP X Saturday morning and I couldn't box up my 8+ fast enough. So far I really like how the iP X fells weight and size wize. I'm still getting used to the gestures but I am doing a lot better than I was Saturday afternoon. I used the camera to take pictures for a course I am revising this morning. Looking at the pics on the phone they look real good.

So far the only thing that bothers me is for some reason when I'm using iMessage and turn th phone to landscape the display doesn't change. I don't know if I'm doing some wrong or with iOS 11.1 and the iPhone X yoou won't get the landscape mode in iMessage. Except for that I'm happier than a pig in ****.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I am really enjoying reading how happy most people are with the X. It is very exciting to get the new Iphone at or about launch.

I have decided to stick with my 8+ and going to watch the excitement from the beach and not jump into the frenzied waters. I had a 7+ Product Red Iphone and it was without a doubt my favorite phone of all time. I had it working perfectly. I only jumped to the 8+ because I was offered $700 for my 7+ so it was not much of a financial burden.

I am genuinely happy for all you guys and gals enjoying the heck out of the X.. I will make my way to the party at some point but for now, I am loving my 8+

Keep posting and I'll keep reading!!

Thinking about the same thing. I have the 7 plus, and while I’m still on pre order for the beginning of December for the X, I’m thinking about canceling it and getting the 8 plus. I really don’t have use for the cartoons, sorry couldn’t pronounce the name right, or the camera. My 7 plus works fine and I like the Touch ID. It’s the screen size that gets me. I don’t like the width part. So I probably will get the 8 Plus this week and wait till next year and get the X or whatever it’s called.

The extra money and probably having to buy a second phone because of my job is another reason I’ll probably skip this year. Have fun with the X all of you. Should see you next year if it’s a little bigger.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m coming from the note 8. No regrets. The x is the first phone in a long time that feels different and new maybe since the palm pre. For an initial feeling it gives me good vibes I had with the blackberry 9000 and original iPhone. I’m loving using it and feels so much better to use and handle over the note 8 which I also enjoy. Only thing having me concerned is the signal. I had a couple spotty service calls today that should have been fine service.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Well my X has been canceled. Now to go tomorrow and find an 8 Plus.

If you’re ok with having a not significant upgrade from your 7 plus and having the same design 3 years older then add one more year to that then go for it. Don’t forget to look at X at the store while you’re there just to make sure you won’t regret it. They might even have one in stock if you go early because they are stocking up everyday. Enjoy your new 8 plus.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I did get to see and handle an X in a store in another town close by last Saturday. They had 6 in stock but none on display. The sales rep brought one out and let me look it over. It was the silver and was very pretty. But I’m not totally convinced I want it just yet. Maybe..... But I’m thinking I’ll see what the holiday specials are from Verizon for the 8 plus and wait until the next iteration of the X to see where Apple goes with it. Knowing Apple they’ll refine it much more each year. Love new tech and love change but I’m just not sold YET (maybe) that I want this one.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I had the iPhone 8 Plus and the 8 and just bought the X and not going back. I love the gestures and the forum factor is great.

The device is smooth, responsive and the screen is bright and crisp. I don’t even miss the 1100 and change I spent for my space grey 64 gig version and a black OEM leather case.

To me the iPhone X is the future and the gesture concept is now here to stay and with Apples engineering resources and unlimited capital, they can really refine it. I am in for the long haul and excited about the future of the X.

So you bought the 8 for 2 months, and now bought the X? But what really gets me scratching my head is, you spent a lot of money on an 8, and then spent a ton more money on the X only 2 months later, but you wouldn't spend an extra $100 for the 256GB model?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
So you bought the 8 for 2 months, and now bought the X? But what really gets me scratching my head is, you spent a lot of money on an 8, and then spent a ton more money on the X only 2 months later, but you wouldn't spend an extra $100 for the 256GB model?

Maybe he’s using the cloud. Either that or he’s tapped out.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2