Second Thoughts?

thornburg24

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having second thoughts after having received your iPhone X? Maybe I let the hype get to me, or maybe I expected more than I should have but 2 days after receiving the device I am already considering taking back to Apple. I do love the device, just now sure I love it enough to make a permanent switch from my 7+. I do like the Face ID even though you still have to swipe up after it unlocks, which I have a feeling may change with future updates. The only dislikes I can come up with is I am not a fan of the way you close apps, its just a few more steps than simply pressing the home button twice and swiping away. The only other thing I really don't care for is the way it feels in my hand, I like the bigger devices. I do love the X overall, but after receiving just not sure I love it enough to justify the price tag when I have a perfect condition 7+.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A lot of people are in your shoes and I expected this to happen. I feel like they rushed too much at once and people will have a hard time adjusting along with the price tag.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having second thoughts after having received your iPhone X? Maybe I let the hype get to me, or maybe I expected more than I should have but 2 days after receiving the device I am already considering taking back to Apple. I do love the device, just now sure I love it enough to make a permanent switch from my 7+. I do like the Face ID even though you still have to swipe up after it unlocks, which I have a feeling may change with future updates. The only dislikes I can come up with is I am not a fan of the way you close apps, its just a few more steps than simply pressing the home button twice and swiping away. The only other thing I really don't care for is the way it feels in my hand, I like the bigger devices. I do love the X overall, but after receiving just not sure I love it enough to justify the price tag when I have a perfect condition 7+.

No second thoughts here, I'm glad I got the device (returned the 8 Plus I got last week)

Some thoughts on your post:
  • FaceID - swipe as it's unlocking, it should be simulaneous (don't wait to see the unlock)
  • iOS handles closing apps, though I know some people just feel better doing it. Some do need it if they're hung up but for the most part you don't need to do anything but do the usual swipe to go back to the home screen.
  • Size is definitely subjective. I moved from a 6s to the 8 Plus and loved the screen real estate. The size I was getting used to but even the night before I got my X I was thinking how tough it was to use one handed. Got the X and that went away instantly, and it's much lighter. I do miss a bit of the screen size but since I only had it a week, it's not too bad.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I had the iPhone 8 Plus and the 8 and just bought the X and not going back. I love the gestures and the forum factor is great.

The device is smooth, responsive and the screen is bright and crisp. I don’t even miss the 1100 and change I spent for my space grey 64 gig version and a black OEM leather case.

To me the iPhone X is the future and the gesture concept is now here to stay and with Apples engineering resources and unlimited capital, they can really refine it. I am in for the long haul and excited about the future of the X.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
No second thoughts here, I'm glad I got the device (returned the 8 Plus I got last week)

Some thoughts on your post:
  • FaceID - swipe as it's unlocking, it should be simulaneous (don't wait to see the unlock)
  • iOS handles closing apps, though I know some people just feel better doing it. Some do need it if they're hung up but for the most part you don't need to do anything but do the usual swipe to go back to the home screen.
  • Size is definitely subjective. I moved from a 6s to the 8 Plus and loved the screen real estate. The size I was getting used to but even the night before I got my X I was thinking how tough it was to use one handed. Got the X and that went away instantly, and it's much lighter. I do miss a bit of the screen size but since I only had it a week, it's not too bad.

I’m having the same size issues you were. Got the 6 Plus right away when it was released. Upgraded to 6s plus and 7 plus for, as my wife puts it, “No good reason since nothing is wrong with your phone”. I’ve looked in the forums and online at the X but haven’t got my hands on it.

I’m selling my 7 Plus when I get the X. If for some reason it’s not for me than I’ll return it and get the 8 plus. But from what I’ve read and seen, other people had plus’ and they love this iPhone.

Maybe next year they’ll make it bigger than we’ll have that big screen that we got when the 6 plus came out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I’ve stated on numerous occasions that I was only interested in the edge to edge display. I had no intentions of getting the iPhone X. None whatsoever! My purchase of it was simply an impulse buy simply out of curiosity than desire. I really should return it, but I doubt I will.

Last edited:

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I do not have any second thoughts with the iPhone X, and I'm coming from an iPhone 8 Plus. The iPhone 8 Plus feels like a fat, clunky sibling when compared to the iPhone X. Yes, the additional steps to close apps is a bit annoying, but it is what it is. I hope Apple changes it with future updates.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
None here. Love the move to amoled and the smaller overall size with a larger screen. I feel over time they are going to add more gestures and it will only continue to improve.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I just switched over from an 8 Plus today. So far I have no regrets. I love the size. The gestures I love. Well...except for the app switcher. Too many gestures involved to close an app, imo. It's not a deal breaker for me though.

FaceID is soooo fast.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
None for me. But I was dead set on keeping my 8 plus. But it got to me and I ordered the X as well. So far I love it. Getting used to Face ID. It’s not perfect but I it will come along and some apps aren’t optimized yet. But I love mine. Found a case I like and now I’m rocking. Feels great in hand. Love the size.

robinhelene

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I’m having the same size issues you were. Got the 6 Plus right away when it was released. Upgraded to 6s plus and 7 plus for, as my wife puts it, “No good reason since nothing is wrong with your phone”. I’ve looked in the forums and online at the X but haven’t got my hands on it.

I’m selling my 7 Plus when I get the X. If for some reason it’s not for me than I’ll return it and get the 8 plus. But from what I’ve read and seen, other people had plus’ and they love this iPhone.

Maybe next year they’ll make it bigger than we’ll have that big screen that we got when the 6 plus came out.

Since the screen itself is as big as the one on the plus sizes...you aren’t missing anything....just easier to use.

robinhelene

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
None for me. But I was dead set on keeping my 8 plus. But it got to me and I ordered the X as well. So far I love it. Getting used to Face ID. It’s not perfect but I it will come along and some apps aren’t optimized yet. But I love mine. Found a case I like and now I’m rocking. Feels great in hand. Love the size.

Have you found that you can’t post a pic on FB from the gallery...just within FB? It’s a glitch.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

I am feeling the exact same way on this. Debating on whether to keep mine. I also have an iPhone 8+ and have had the Plus line since 2014. I like the way the Plus feels in hand more. Decisions, decisions.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have no regrets. I get why some people do though. I love everything about it and I’m debating whether or not I want to get the 6.4/6.5” screen next year or stick with this size.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh