I can’t put it down

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have had my iPhone X since Friday around noon and I haven’t put it down except to sleep. I know it’s just a phone, but Apple adapting the gesture concept has got me really liking the device.

I have had a ton of folks asking to hold it and and play with it. The response is fantastic and they all like the gesture concept and now want to ditch their current models for the X.

As with Blackberry OS10, I feel like an ambassador for the new X and enjoy showing folks the best way to adapt to the new gesturing concept.

My hats off to the folks at Apple who where on the iPhone X development team. You have a winner here.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I’m getting my fix whenever I go to work and use our demo unit lol. I’ll be fine . 11/2-11/10 ship date that’s still “in progress” through AT&T

Why don’t you just snag a unit when stock comes in?

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have had my iPhone X since Friday around noon and I haven’t put it down except to sleep. I know it’s just a phone, but Apple adapting the gesture concept has got me really liking the device.

I have had a ton of folks asking to hold it and and play with it. The response is fantastic and they all like the gesture concept and now want to ditch their current models for the X.

As with Blackberry OS10, I feel like an ambassador for the new X and enjoy showing folks the best way to adapt to the new gesturing concept.

My hats off to the folks at Apple who where on the iPhone X development team. You have a winner here.
Glad you like your X I am coming from the Note 8 and absolutely no comparison between the two. The note is just miles ahead of the X in all areas with no exceptions maybe no I message. Navigation in my opinion on the X is not the same as it was on older models of IPhones and I feel this may hurt sales but more important it will change back to fingerprint scanner next year making the X a one of a kind device just like the BlackBerry Storm was.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/apple-iphone-touch-id-2018,news-25862.html

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Glad you like your X I am coming from the Note 8 and absolutely no comparison between the two. The note is just miles ahead of the X in all areas with no exceptions maybe no I message. Navigation in my opinion on the X is not the same as it was on older models of IPhones and I feel this may hurt sales but more important it will change back to fingerprint scanner next year making the X a one of a kind device just like the BlackBerry Storm was.

Well, I am on the opposite end and everyone I have showed the new X too loves the device and I think gestures will be the future of IOS.

The Note 8 is a nice device and is meant for a different market. Both devices will sell well, but based on the sales of the new iPhone X so far, I think Apple has a winner here.

Merecat

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site

I had a note 7. Hands down the best phone I’ve ever used to date (maybe the X will change my mind) . Loved everything about it except the battery life and there were some apps on Apple that weren’t on my Android. Also, manufacturers tend to make more products for iPhones and not for the android phones. More options . I also like being able to text from my iPad. I’m sure you can do this with android, but you’d need a 3rd party app for this (mighty text).

One thing I think Apple has Samsung beat is in standby time. It’s not even a contest, Apple decimates them in that department.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I am loving my iPhone X as well. I can’t find a single item that I am not happy with. Fast, beautiful, fluid and great battery life.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

I'm quite the opposite. I am coming from the Note 8 the the iPhone X. The Note 8 was too goddang big and, even though it may have a ton of hardware features, none of them really worked all that well or they weren't secure. Heck, the facial recognition on the Note 8 can be spoofed by a picture of the phone owner. The iris scanner hurt my eyes. And the fingerprint sensor was at the top-left of the already large device, making it quite inconvenient to unlock. The only thing I miss is Samsung Pay. But for me, everything about the iPhone X is much better than anything on the Note 8.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I can't put it down either. I absolutely love this device. The size is what I love the most. I had the Note 8 and iPhone 8 Plus and both were just too big. I had a Samsung Galaxy S8 earlier this year, and the iPhone X is about the same size and I love it.

I'm sticking with the iPhone X now until the iPhone X-2 next fall. I love it that much.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

You like Note, don't like the X, yet you love hanging out in X forum telling people all about the Note 8. I see my dad's Note every day, never crossed my mind to get Note. I Hate hate touch wiz, plus no updates for months. Android is awesome tho.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It is indeed an awesome device, but the one thing I dislike is having to swipe up from the lock screen after authentication with FaceID. That doesn’t make sense to me. After authentication, I should be taken to the home screen in the same manner I would if authenticating via TouchID.

Last edited:

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
It is indeed an awesome device, but the one thing I dislike is having to swipe up from the lock screen after authentication with FaceID. That doesn’t make sense to me. After authentication, I should be taken to the home screen in the same manner I was after authentication via TouchID.

The problem I would have with it operating the way you describe, is for the many times I look at the screen to check notifications/times/open camera etc. It would bug me if it went to home screen every time it detected my face

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The problem I would have with it operating the way you describe, is for the many times I look at the screen to check notifications/times/open camera etc. It would bug me if it went to home screen every time it detected my face

I hear ya. For me, however, I have my Watch for that, but I understand that everyone doesn’t have one so I guess in the sense you described, the current method is necessary.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
You make me feel like Dorothy wanting to go back home to Kansas. Oh how my heart still has love for a gesture based phone.

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

Pretty sure this is the exact reason Apple implemented it this way. Hence the messages not showing until it sees your face. It’s been mentioned a lot though so I can see Apple adding an option for this in a future update

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen