Been using the phone all day today. I find I still consistently have to enter the passcode. Is this normal? Anyone else?
    11-05-2017 12:18 AM
    Nope. I have had to do it once, maybe twice today. Even with my glasses on it has worked fine for me ..... and also in very dim conditions.
    11-05-2017 12:33 AM
    No problems here, have had the phone since yesterday. You may have already tried this, but how about resetting the FaceID?
    11-05-2017 01:05 AM
    Good call. Haven’t tried resetting. I am getting asked for the passcode regularly
    11-05-2017 01:13 AM
    That happened to me earlier too. I guess I didn’t do the head roll thing good enough, lol. I did a reset and it works great.

The only negative with Face ID for me is that I use the phone lying flat on my desk and when it locks, I used to be able to just touch ID and go on about my work, multitasking. Now I have to stop what I’m doing and pick up the phone to unlock it, then get back to what I was doing. I’ll have to use a stand or something. Maybe I’ll try one of those stand-up wireless chargers.

#FirstWorldProblems 🤭
    11-05-2017 01:32 AM
    I haven't had to use the passcode since I set the phone up. Face ID is working great for me.

I have my screen to never turn off. When I'm done using it, I'll press the sleep button.
    11-05-2017 01:47 AM
    No problems here either.
    It’s been working like a charm.
    11-05-2017 02:14 AM
    No problems here either.
    It’s been working like a charm.
    Just so that I am clear. Basically when Face ID is working properly, it shouldn’t prompt you for the passcode right? Phone is locked with lock sign at top and then you swipe up and if it works, it should just open right?

I redid the facial recognition and it seems to be working. Perhaps it was just me being in low light yesterday...
    11-05-2017 03:04 PM
    Just so that I am clear. Basically when Face ID is working properly, it shouldn’t prompt you for the passcode right? Phone is locked with lock sign at top and then you swipe up and if it works, it should just open right?

I redid the facial recognition and it seems to be working. Perhaps it was just me being in low light yesterday...
    Yes that’s correct.
    11-05-2017 03:22 PM

Yep!
    Unless someone tried to look at your phone, which will trigger the passcode.
    11-05-2017 03:29 PM
    Been using the phone all day today. I find I still consistently have to enter the passcode. Is this normal? Anyone else?
    Not for me. FaceID works flawlessly, even in the dark. The only time I’ve had to enter my passcode was after a reboot shortly after updating to iOS 11.2 Dev Beta 2.
    11-05-2017 04:07 PM
    I did my setup outside in the daylight, making sure to not have any features go outside the circle.

I haven't had any issues with recognition after that in varying light levels, including near dark.
    AllanRosen likes this.
    11-05-2017 04:16 PM
    Works fine for me even when I’ve got glasses on. It had a little bit of problem tonight when I was wearing a hat but then figured it out. Mine works well in the dark, too.
    11-05-2017 09:39 PM