Can you just walk into any Podunk stores and purchase the iPhone X ?

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Have always had good luck with RadioShack. First year the plus came out my local one had one of each and they tend to have a customer base that doesn’t have an interest.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
What stores would you have a chance of walking right in and getting a 256GB Black?

I quoted this post and added my own from another thread. They are out there to be found.

I got a 256GB silver iPhone X despite the fact that I said time and time again I wouldn't get one. I walked into a Best Buy at 9 am central and was able to get one right away, no lines.

I regret nothing.

View attachment 120170

I went in a non-corporate Verizon authorized seller shop today just on a lark while I was running errands in another town nearby. I just wanted to see if they had a display X I could see in person. I didn’t see one and an employee told me they didn’t have enough to have a display, but he had a few in the back and he’d bring one out for me to look at. (I was shocked really that they had some. ) I told him I wasn’t buying today and didn’t want to take up his time. He said no problem let me get one. So he brought a beautiful X in silver and I got to look it over. Of course it was not set up so I couldn’t play with the gestures and could only see the set up screen, but it was nice to get a feel for the size of it and see it in person.
Just still surprised they had a few in store so close to launch!
Still don’t know for sure if I’ll end up getting one or go for the 8 plus. Going to think it over for a couple of months.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Why not reserve one in the morning 6a.m. On the Apple app... that’s when they restock! It worked for me and many others here.

Yes, this ^^^

Target may have them now too. But Apple will get the most new stock each day.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I thought those stores existed on the 80s. I’ve never seen one in our area. Lol!

That’s actually where I got my 6+ launch day. My preorder got cancelled and there was no way I was making it anywhere. RadioShack, by some miracle, had the exact model I wanted. Boom. Done. Haven’t had to look them up since though.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
^ On Saturday morning I was checking to see if our Apple Store ship date (11/17-24) had bumped up after launch day (it didn’t) and I decided to “check availability” at nearby stores just for kicks. This was around 11:30am and I was pleasantly surprised to be able to find our two phones available for pickup (and at the same store!). Canceled the pre-orders, paid for the new orders and picked up the phones a few hours later. :)

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
If only Verizon or ATT didn’t require an account this would’ve worked for me... in store reservation deal that is

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've seen on another thread someone got one from Target without a preorder/reservation. My only local TMo is a non-corporate store and they got a handful on Fri, but sold really fast. I just checked Walmart online, and it says both stores in my podunk town have the X for Verizon and AT&T. Not sure if they actually have them in stock or just that they sell them. I've also had luck at Sam's Club in the past when my carrier and Apple didn't have stock.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods