iPhone X: Naked or w/Case?

Murphy5156

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
I haven’t seen anyone start this thread yet, at least since launch day. I’ve had my new X since then, and while I’ve toyed with the idea of putting a case on it (even going to Best Buy to see what they had for sale), I really think the phone feels to good naked to put it in a case. Thoughts?

dasupaman23

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Feels good naked but definitely using a case. Replacing the screen on this won’t be cheap. Really waiting on a Mophie case.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I’ll be using a case is due to the high glass replacement cost. If it weren’t for that I would definitely not be using a case.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I used it without a case earlier while sitting on the couch and felt great. However, it's a fingerprint magnet even in silver, and I don't feel comfortable yet walking around with it out of a case. I know I've seen some broken from drops videos already but I was amazed to see EAP's YouTube video dropping an 8 and X side by side and he managed to not cause physical damage even at 3 head height drops to back/front/edge. His FaceID did stop working though (camera worked but it froze when trying to process).

Infinite7154

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I have never nor will I ever place a case on an iPhone. This thing is $1100 of steel and glass and high end tech. All will marvel at its shiny beauty.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I wasn’t going to go with a case as I have never put one on any of my Plus sized phones, but this phone feels great in a case since it has a smaller form factor. I went with the Apple leather case and love how the phone feels in the hand with it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have never nor will I ever place a case on an iPhone. This thing is $1100 of steel and glass and high end tech. All will marvel at its shiny beauty.

Yea I’m not that brave. I don’t care who sees this phone lol. It’s for me to enjoy and not show off. The price of replacing it is something I’m hoping to never experience so I’ve got a case on mine lol. The size of this phone also helped make the decision for me too. My 7 Plus was big and uncomfortable with a case. This is actually very comfortable to hold with the Spigen I got on Amazon.

Merecat

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
Yea I’m not that brave. I don’t care who sees this phone lol. It’s for me to enjoy and not show off. The price of replacing it is something I’m hoping to never experience so I’ve got a case on mine lol. The size of this phone also helped make the decision for me too. My 7 Plus was big and uncomfortable with a case. This is actually very comfortable to hold with the Spigen I got on Amazon.

I’m absolutely babying my X when it comes in. Already have a otterbox defender case and glass screen protector that will go on the phone IMMEDIATELY after it comes out of the box.

I’ll probably rock that till early January . Then I’ll be a more slim style case

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Never carry an all-glass phone naked. Never. That's just good advice in general.

I'm always using some sort of durable case. Right now, I'm using an Otterbox Commuter.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Never carry an all-glass phone naked. Never. That's just good advice in general.

I'm always using some sort of durable case. Right now, I'm using an Otterbox Commuter.

I have to agree. Now, when I'm sitting on the couch or at my desk, sure. Walking across the parking lot, hiking, off-roading, no way.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I have it on a black Apple leather case.
I’ll be getting a tempered glass screen protector too.

You got one in mind? You are in Aus right? Post a link if you find a good one. I have had the nu glass and the crazy brand ones on a 8 which are cheap for X $8.95 for 2, but not sure if they are that good, the Spigen on ebay from Ultra store look good but $29.

Is their a difference do you know in a dearer one?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
You got one in mind? You are in Aus right? Post a link if you find a good one. I have had the nu glass and the crazy brand ones on a 8 which are cheap for X $8.95 for 2, but not sure if they are that good, the Spigen on ebay from Ultra store look good but $29.

Is their a difference do you know in a dearer one?

I found a Zagg InvisibleShield Glass+ on eBay. It’s pricey, but it should be worth it! :)
Yes, I am in Sydney.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2