Face ID not very good

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I did the Face ID with my glasses on and now it won’t recognize my face without it. Should I set up without glasses being someone who always need it? I say this bc I woke up in middle of the night trying to use the phone without my glasses

The only issue I’ve had with my glasses off is being too close to the phone when I woke up this morning. Other than that I’ve had no issues with my glasses on or off.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
FaceID has been great for me. Unlocks the phone without issue at waist height or in the dark. The only time it hasn’t worked was when I was yawning when trying to unlock. And that is expected. It’s head and shoulders above Iris scanner on Samsung devices for anyone wondering.

I do have an issue but no sure if it’s FaceID or not. When my son is asking permission to download an app I have to keep entering my password. With touchID I didn’t. And yes, I have all of the settings enabled correctly. So just wondering if anyone else is able to approve purchases with FaceID.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I just ran a test for the sake of this thread. I have my phone charging a little over arms length away from me on my sofa. I got a notification. Lights are off. I reached over, awkward angle, picked it up looking to my side, and it unlocked. All default settings are on.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I’m having the total opposite issue. I can’t seem to look at my screen from any angle without it unlocking. I was struggling trying to show someone the hidden notifications feature.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I’m having the total opposite issue. I can’t seem to look at my screen from any angle without it unlocking. I was struggling trying to show someone the hidden notifications feature.

This is exactly how it sounds like for me. I find myself hiding my face if I just want to glance at my lock screen without leaving my phone unlocked.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone but Face ID isn’t “all that” for me for various reasons, one being because I don’t look the same because of equipment that I use. And it takes a while to not recognize me and then the password prompt finally comes up. So, kind of a drag.

I miss Touch ID. Hope they can make it work on the screen and incorporate it in an update.

Keith Morris

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I love this phone but Face ID isn’t “all that” for me for various reasons, one being because I don’t look the same because of equipment that I use. And it takes a while to not recognize me and then the password prompt finally comes up. So, kind of a drag.

I miss Touch ID. Hope they can make it work on the screen and incorporate it in an update.

I am actually in favour of Touch ID also.
I will be disappointed if the next generation of iPhones follows the trends of no physical home button.

I know this is where we’re going but it’s a shame

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I am actually surprised how well it works. It was worked outside in the sun and I was wearing my giant RayBan aviators. I didn’t expect it to work with them on.

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I’ve found no issues at all, works perfectly and is really fast. Not sure why someone would buy this phone knowing you probably can’t use fID because of equipment you have to wear and confess to missing tID? Surely iPhone 8 would have been a better device?

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I wear glasses too but I setup mine without glasses and works perfectly. Never had any issues since I got my phone last Friday.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
FaceID works well for me to this point and I don’t foresee any reason it wouldn’t later on, thankfully.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
No issues here. Redo your setup and make sure it's well lit when you do it. Follow the directions exactly.

I've been able to unlock it while sitting back in a chair and looking down so the angle is weird.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I am an identical twin and haven’t tried to see if my brother Don can unlock my device. I am actually hope he can because that would be cool.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I did the Face ID with my glasses on and now it won’t recognize my face without it. Should I set up without glasses being someone who always need it? I say this bc I woke up in middle of the night trying to use the phone without my glasses

I registered my face without my glasses on and Face ID works great with or without my my glasses on.