So how are you liking the True Tone option of the X thus far?

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
So how are you liking the True Tone option of the X thus far? Although I think it works well and makes reading in darker environments and outdoors better, I feel it makes the screen too yellow most of the time indoors day or night in average ambient lighting. I turned it off for now to enjoy the vividness of the screen and will see how I feel about it. What about you?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: True Tone Yay or Nay?

Definitely yay, in my opinion. I love how it works on both my iPad Pro and my iPhone 8.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I think it’s a great feature. Sometimes I use my 8 Plus then immediately look at my iPhone 7 and I feel that slight little pain behind my eyes when looking at the screen for a couple of seconds.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Nay. I turned it off. I used on my 8+ for a few weeks but like you said the yellow tint is a bit much. Night shift works fine for me in the evenings.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

I don't use it. I turned it off on the 8 plus and thought it looked worse on the X due to the great screen.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Nay. I keep it disabled. Not sure I’m a huge fan. Disabled it in my iPad initially so never wanted to enable it on my phone. May try again in the future though.

Minnesota Steve

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site

Nay, turned tru tone off on my iPhone X. I love it only iPad Pro 9.7 but it is too warm on my iPhone X. I think it needs calibration for me. Also, the OLED display color shifts with changes in viewing angle to a cooler bluer color. With tru tone on I find holding the phone at a slight lean back gives me a tru white. So I wish there was a slider adjustment for tru tone to calibrate it akin to the one for Night shift.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Nay. I keep it disabled. Not sure I’m a huge fan. Disabled it in my iPad initially so never wanted to enable it on my phone. May try again in the future though.

You’ve convinced me to try to use the X with it off. I’m gonna see how it goes.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

It definitely warms the screen up a bit, but I like it and I keep it toggled on. It makes the screen much easier to read, IMO.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR