iPhone X pink hue on screen

MaTiCeK

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Over the years I have owned many Samsungs with AMOLED screens. Mostly I had to go through 2 or 3 specimen of each device in order to get a decent screen without any discoloration in the corners. This is why I prefer LCD over AMOLED and have always loved iPhone screens. Especially on the iPhone 8 Plus the display is stellar!

To get to the point. Yesterday I bought 2 iPhones X ( or is it two iPhone Xes?). I immediately noticed that the black one (for me) exhibits pink hue on the display. Take a look at the photo bellow.

3bd8ef43097e6c033cae14945b96b1df.jpg

Later I unpacked also the second iPhone X, white version for my wife and its screen is considerably better and more uniform. Please take a look at the phots bellow and comment. Do you also notice any pink/red hue on your iPhone’s X screen?

1dbd18eb8b92ca17278f11c8adc0c120.jpg

Minimum brightness, true tone enabled.

3ccfea2e4dcc8ac311b29c52766ecab1.jpg

Minimum brightness, true tone disabled.

9300d30074a34487ae641203e6d2f060.jpg

Maximum brigtness, true tone disabled

132f0eede9cfeb72171d930f48e8e66a.jpg

Maximum brigtness, true tone enabled.

PS: If anyone is wondering, the page on the screen is my blog, I’m from Slovenia, so the incomprehensible language is Slovene.

Last edited:

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
A bit odd, the pink hue only shows up on the middle-right of the screen. Best to take it back to where you got it from, but you might not get a replacement at the same time. If you’re lucky..

MaTiCeK

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
I bougth it at the official retailer BigBang. I think I can return it. But I probably won’t get another one any time soon...

MaTiCeK

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
So I went back to the retailer, but they can’t swap it, nor can they take it back and return my money. The only thing they can do is send it in to Apple, who then decides whether my phone is faulty and eligible for repair or exchange. As I am basically out of options, I’m probably going to take that option. It’s this kind of shenanigans Apple users have to suffer in Slovenia, despite paying premium price. The 256 X costs 1370 €.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So I went back to the retailer, but they can’t swap it, nor can they take it back and return my money. The only thing they can do is send it in to Apple, who then decides whether my phone is faulty and eligible for repair or exchange. As I am basically out of options, I’m probably going to take that option. It’s this kind of shenanigans Apple users have to suffer in Slovenia, despite paying premium price. The 256 X costs 1370 €.

Sorry that happened. It kinda sucks that you have to go through all the extra steps to get it replaced. And I say replaced because I’m sure Apple will replace it for you.

MaTiCeK

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
A little status update. I finally sent my iPhone X back in today. The local authorized service provider actually sends the phones directly to Apple and I shall get another phone within a week. Providing Apple agrees with me, that the screen on my unit is flawed, which I am not 100% sure they will...

jotzet79

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi Maticek, hopefully you get it replaced. I'm really curious how this topic develops: I was on a biztrip in Amsterdam this week, and also saw the iphone x for the first time live. What I immediately noticed was its pinkish hue or at least I was a bit disappointed that the display didnt produce a better/brighter white. I then compared the x vs the 8, when I put them together side-by-side. I was stunned that the display was that "bad".

Next day I got there again and switched-off True tone, placed them sidebyside, but again. The iphone x didnt have an outstanding display performance - at least for me. Of course I could not get the phone tested outside (where OLEds reportedly outperform LCDs), so maybe this occurs only indoors. TOday I'll give it a new try in an Apple Retailer in Vienna, maybe (HOPEfully) it affects only some particular cases...

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
This is very interesting. I checked my phone right away and I’m glad don’t have that issue. I had similar issues in the past where I have to return my iPhone 6S Plus after a week of launch day and I know that it would be very hard to get a replacement because of stock issue. The issue I was having is a have a black spot located lower left corner of my my screen. I heard that Apple store is getting a stock everyday but you have to be quick in reserving one because they run out so quickly. I checked my Apple store app everyday starting at 8AM for 5 mins. If nothing shows up, I check it again the next day. Did this for 3 days and I was able to reserved one. Went to Apple store and complaint about my issues then they replaced it with the phone I reserved. They are also doing the reservation again for this iPhone X launch but the time to check the best availability got moved to 7AM. I know that they have made the reservation available after the launch day to several countries but not sure if your country is one of them. I live in US, BTW. I hope this would help you. So sorry to hear about your issue. I know the frustration because I’ve been there.

MaTiCeK

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
So my feedback...

I got the phone replaced. It took 3 days, but was only without it for 2 full days.

The new phone has an almost perfect screen. I don’t think AMOLED can get any more uniform. Happy!

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I've seen pink AMOLED screens before and the only fix is to swap it out.
Glad to hear this is solved. Bad hue and uniformity would drive me crazy.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It’s took me 3 replacements. First one I had the dreaded green line through my whole display. 2nd had terrible terrible pink tint. Even my Apple genius said it was terrible. 3rd replacement the battery wouldn’t charge past 89%. Apple even kept my phone overnight to test it and it still after being on the charger all night, restoring it would not charge passed 89%. This new phone is perfect. No displays issues, no battery issues. Perfect.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR