November 17-24th delivery

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Wondering those who ordered their iPhones through Apple and got the 2-3week ship dates(17th-24th) has your status changed or ship date got moved up? I got my order in around 3:23am. I’m still “Order in progress”.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
If I were you guys, stop checking your status and cancel your order if you still can and reserve one at Apple store today. In case you haven’t read the buzz today or read the other forums, Apple store have iPhone 10 stocks starting today. You’ll have to watch it though early in the morning and reserve it because they run out fast in a couple of hours but don’t worry it will reappear again the next day. They always get stock of phones everyday. I checked my locations this morning and I saw about 10 stores near my location who have phone availability for reservation which you can pick up today. Some of the people here have tried it already and they were able to get one. Make the reservation first if you can before you cancel your order. I say again, make sure you have your reservation confirmed before canceling your order while you still can. Once you’ve order move from in progress to shipping, you’re too late to cancel it. You might as well wait for it. That’s just my advice to you guys. You can take it or leave it.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
If I were you guys, stop checking your status and cancel your order if you still can and reserve one at Apple store today. In case you haven’t read the buzz today or read the other forums, Apple store have iPhone 10 stocks starting today. You’ll have to watch it though early in the morning and reserve it because they run out fast in a couple of hours but don’t worry it will reappear again the next day. They always get stock of phones everyday. I checked my locations this morning and I saw about 10 stores near my location who have phone availability for reservation which you can pick up today. Some of the people here have tried it already and they were able to get one. Make the reservation first if you can before you cancel your order. I say again, make sure you have your reservation confirmed before canceling your order while you still can. Once you’ve order move from in progress to shipping, you’re too late to cancel it. You might as well wait for it. That’s just my advice to you guys. You can take it or leave it.

It differs from location to location and you will only get certain models and they also reserve per carriers. So if you are lucky you might get the one you need but it might take two or three days. If you are Ok with any model, for example, 64GB over 256GB or space grey over silver, the you shall get one.

iMark

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Same: Still in progress with delivery date of Nov 17-24. Set alarm and got order in at 3:20 am. Seeing people whose orders are being moved up. I've asked Apple support and service why the orders don't appear to be processed on a true first-come-first-served basis, and they are no help. To me, they should be filling existing pre-orders before sending stock to stores for people to walk in off the street for purchase. Otherwise, why bother with the whole pre-order process?

Maybe there's a pattern here that Apple had prioritized one group of customers over others? What did you order? I ordered a gray/256/ATT on upgrade.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Are you talking about placing an actual order or are you able to “reserve” phones in your area? We don’t have the option to do reservations here (L.A.) so if you’re talking about actually ordering, how do you keep the original order while placing a pickup order?

When I found a store on 11/4 that had the two phones we wanted, we decided to cancel our preorders (11/17-24 delivery) and do a pick up instead. But we had to cancel our existing orders before purchasing the ones for pickup. It took a couple of minutes but once the orders canceled, I was able to complete the purchase of the new ones. (A little nerve-wracking since we were trying to get the phones at the same location and when I had checked availability earlier, a store closer to us had both phones one minute, then were out of stock of one of them the next. But I figured if both phones were available in a nearby store the day after launch, they would probably be available the next. At least I hoped the would be, lol.)

We buy our phones outright so there’s no need to deal with canceling upgrades or contracts, etc., so I was just wondering how others are doing this.

Thanks!

Last edited:

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Wondering those who ordered their iPhones through Apple and got the 2-3week ship dates(17th-24th) has your status changed or ship date got moved up? I got my order in around 3:23am. I’m still “Order in progress”.

Received update yesterday. Wife’s phone was shipped and will be arriving Friday!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
ed59b07ee69c6523c6779bcbfe030c87.jpg

Broodn

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Still in progress. Won’t cancel my order because none of the Apple stores around had the iPhone X in stock.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
The earliest I could get Apple's online store to respond and accept my order for a SB 256GB cash purchase was 12:08 PST. I was disappointed to get a Nov. 17-24 date and the order still shows in progress.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The earliest I could get Apple's online store to respond and accept my order for a SB 256GB cash purchase was 12:08 PST. I was disappointed to get a Nov. 17-24 date and the order still shows in progress.

This was ordered at 12:15 am pst on 10/27. It’s now shipped. But it’s silver.
4156c36a7a286ad1c554ceff7e0da6f9.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro