I am someone who bought and used a 6 Plus, 6S Plus, and 7 Plus. I’m thrilled to be back down to a smaller form factor. The iPhone X feels amazing in the hand. Just about perfect. I’m so in love with this phone. The notch isn’t an issue at all, the screen is absolutely beautiful, and FaceID is working like a champ! Well done Apple.
    11-03-2017 07:46 PM
    I agree it does feel great in the hand. It's definitely got weight to it and is thicker than the 8 & 8 plus
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    11-03-2017 07:51 PM
    I am someone who bought and used a 6 Plus, 6S Plus, and 7 Plus. I’m thrilled to be back down to a smaller form factor. The iPhone X feels amazing in the hand. Just about perfect. I’m so in love with this phone. The notch isn’t an issue at all, the screen is absolutely beautiful, and FaceID is working like a champ! Well done Apple.
    In the Apple Store today, I got hands on and enjoyed the size reduction from the plus model. I tried all the gestures I read about and it was all good.

However, I was quite surprised with the ‘software bezels’, on the left and right while viewing videos and photos in landscape mode. Didn’t have time to thoroughly check, but is this configurable?

My delivery, from my launch night order, is 17-Nov to 24-Nov, maybe sooner. But now I’m really concerned
    (A) If video isn’t immersive, what’s the point of edge to edge display?
    (B) Now realize that the screen on the X is smaller than on my plus models.

So, again, I’m asking myself, what am I getting over the 8+, other than the camera?
    11-03-2017 08:02 PM
    My device does feel great in my hand and has a good forum factor. I have paws for hands and it make it easier to reach the areas of the screen for using the gestures. So far, I am really liking the iPhone X.
    11-03-2017 08:09 PM
    In the Apple Store today, I got hands on and enjoyed the size reduction from the plus model. I tried all the gestures I read about and it was all good.

However, I was quite surprised with the ‘software bezels’, on the left and right while viewing videos and photos in landscape mode. Didn’t have time to thoroughly check, but is this configurable?
    Yes, you can pinch out to make videos go full screen immersive. You can double tap on photos to get rid of the bars, but they over fill the screen.
    11-03-2017 08:18 PM
    I can’t get over how solid it is. Love the form factor.
    11-03-2017 08:21 PM
    I’m happy to be back on a smaller iPhone too!
    I already have plans on getting the bigger X next year
    Dukins and tamon77 like this.
    11-03-2017 09:42 PM
    Same here! Agree with you 101%
    11-03-2017 10:52 PM
    I love how it feels in hand! It's small and fits in my small hands just great! I picked up my iPhone 8 Plus after I used my X for a little bit and the 8 Plus felt like an obese sibling next to the X.
    11-04-2017 12:20 AM
    I love how it feels in hand! It's small and fits in my small hands just great! I picked up my iPhone 8 Plus after I used my X for a little bit and the 8 Plus felt like an obese sibling next to the X.
    That’s exactly how I felt picking up my 7 Plus to turn off Find My iPhone ha ha. I’m loving the form factor.
    Retinella likes this.
    11-04-2017 12:24 AM

My delivery, from my launch night order, is 17-Nov to 24-Nov, maybe sooner. But now I’m really concerned
    (A) If video isn’t immersive, what’s the point of edge to edge display?
    (B) Now realize that the screen on the X is smaller than on my plus models.

So, again, I’m asking myself, what am I getting over the 8+, other than the camera?
    True, the X has a 2.9% smaller screen due to the notch, but it’s OLED. It has dual OIS, it has the front facing camera array, it has the gestures, you get 98-99% the same battery life as a Plus, and you of course get the form factor. You can’t go wrong with an 8+ or X. X has some minor upgrades over the 8+, so it’s really preferential. I haven’t heard one person I know who has gotten the X regret it. Some even switched from 8+’s.
    zenjen likes this.
    11-04-2017 12:26 AM
    I’m coming from a plus sized phone too and this is exactly what I wanted, bigger screen in a smaller form factory. Kudos to Apple.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-04-2017 03:10 AM
    just ordered mine for pickup. Can't wait to hold it in my small hand.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-04-2017 02:31 PM
    Loving the size so far.
    11-04-2017 05:07 PM
    I’m not going to lie a few more inches of screen real estate would be the sweet spot. But I’m perfectly happy with the size. And if there is a X+ next year I’ll most likely get that.
    11-04-2017 05:22 PM
    I’m not going to lie a few more inches of screen real estate would be the sweet spot. But I’m perfectly happy with the size. And if there is a X+ next year I’ll most likely get that.
    I wouldn’t mind a few more inches as well.
    As long as the X+ is not as big as the Note 8, I’ll be interested in it.
    11-04-2017 05:46 PM
    Love the size of the device. I've always missed having a slimer device coming from 6 then switching to the 7plus. Took a little bit of time to get use to it.
    11-04-2017 06:02 PM
    I love the size of the phone. The weight is incredible too. This really is a solid device with great build. Apple really knocked the build of the phone out of the park. I don’t have any complaints so far.
    11-04-2017 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD