Perfect in the hand!

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I am someone who bought and used a 6 Plus, 6S Plus, and 7 Plus. I’m thrilled to be back down to a smaller form factor. The iPhone X feels amazing in the hand. Just about perfect. I’m so in love with this phone. The notch isn’t an issue at all, the screen is absolutely beautiful, and FaceID is working like a champ! Well done Apple.

zenjen

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
I am someone who bought and used a 6 Plus, 6S Plus, and 7 Plus. I’m thrilled to be back down to a smaller form factor. The iPhone X feels amazing in the hand. Just about perfect. I’m so in love with this phone. The notch isn’t an issue at all, the screen is absolutely beautiful, and FaceID is working like a champ! Well done Apple.

In the Apple Store today, I got hands on and enjoyed the size reduction from the plus model. I tried all the gestures I read about and it was all good.

However, I was quite surprised with the ‘software bezels’, on the left and right while viewing videos and photos in landscape mode. Didn’t have time to thoroughly check, but is this configurable?

My delivery, from my launch night order, is 17-Nov to 24-Nov, maybe sooner. But now I’m really concerned
(A) If video isn’t immersive, what’s the point of edge to edge display?
(B) Now realize that the screen on the X is smaller than on my plus models.

So, again, I’m asking myself, what am I getting over the 8+, other than the camera?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
My device does feel great in my hand and has a good forum factor. I have paws for hands and it make it easier to reach the areas of the screen for using the gestures. So far, I am really liking the iPhone X.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
In the Apple Store today, I got hands on and enjoyed the size reduction from the plus model. I tried all the gestures I read about and it was all good.

However, I was quite surprised with the ‘software bezels’, on the left and right while viewing videos and photos in landscape mode. Didn’t have time to thoroughly check, but is this configurable?

Yes, you can pinch out to make videos go full screen immersive. You can double tap on photos to get rid of the bars, but they over fill the screen.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Same here! Agree with you 101%

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I love how it feels in hand! It's small and fits in my small hands just great! I picked up my iPhone 8 Plus after I used my X for a little bit and the 8 Plus felt like an obese sibling next to the X.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I love how it feels in hand! It's small and fits in my small hands just great! I picked up my iPhone 8 Plus after I used my X for a little bit and the 8 Plus felt like an obese sibling next to the X.

That’s exactly how I felt picking up my 7 Plus to turn off Find My iPhone ha ha. I’m loving the form factor.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

My delivery, from my launch night order, is 17-Nov to 24-Nov, maybe sooner. But now I’m really concerned
(A) If video isn’t immersive, what’s the point of edge to edge display?
(B) Now realize that the screen on the X is smaller than on my plus models.

So, again, I’m asking myself, what am I getting over the 8+, other than the camera?

True, the X has a 2.9% smaller screen due to the notch, but it’s OLED. It has dual OIS, it has the front facing camera array, it has the gestures, you get 98-99% the same battery life as a Plus, and you of course get the form factor. You can’t go wrong with an 8+ or X. X has some minor upgrades over the 8+, so it’s really preferential. I haven’t heard one person I know who has gotten the X regret it. Some even switched from 8+’s.

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I’m coming from a plus sized phone too and this is exactly what I wanted, bigger screen in a smaller form factory. Kudos to Apple.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I’m not going to lie a few more inches of screen real estate would be the sweet spot. But I’m perfectly happy with the size. And if there is a X+ next year I’ll most likely get that.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’m not going to lie a few more inches of screen real estate would be the sweet spot. But I’m perfectly happy with the size. And if there is a X+ next year I’ll most likely get that.

I wouldn’t mind a few more inches as well.
As long as the X+ is not as big as the Note 8, I’ll be interested in it.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Love the size of the device. I've always missed having a slimer device coming from 6 then switching to the 7plus. Took a little bit of time to get use to it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I love the size of the phone. The weight is incredible too. This really is a solid device with great build. Apple really knocked the build of the phone out of the park. I don’t have any complaints so far.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73