So I had pre ordered the Silver 64gb version and I have my concerns that within no time the bezel would get scuffed. Just taking it out of the box minor marks are noticeable.

What are all ya’ll thoughts on this?

I guess in UK we have 14 days returns policy, so will see how it gets on for next 14 days and if unhappy, sadly will return it for a space grey.

User comments / experience so far would be great.
    11-03-2017 04:41 PM
    I was at a T-Mobile store today, and the only X they had on display was a Silver. Around the volume buttons was fairly scratched up already. Not sure when they put it out, or how many people have been messing with it though. The people that were looking at it before me weren't being careful at all. They were banging it around the display, and pulling it out as far as the sensor would stretch to take photos. It could just be that people have been careless with the display model.

I bought the Space Grey not the Silver, but I'm a little concerned as well. My Apple Watch has held up really well and it's a Stainless Steel model. I'm just kinda hoping for the best at this point.
    11-03-2017 05:27 PM
    As long as you use a case you shouldn’t have any problems but going naked will definitely cause scratch’s
    11-03-2017 05:32 PM
    I had the same thought, but I always have a case on mine ... bummed to hear that the display units are already scuffed up. I know they can’t have been out for that long.
    11-03-2017 05:41 PM
    It’s just a phone. Scratches don’t bother me.

I don’t use screen protectors and, while I’ve bought 4 cases, I had a jet black 7 Plus that ran caseless from a week after launch until tonight. I have no doubt I’ll end up caseless on this, too. Heh.
    11-03-2017 07:46 PM
    It’s just a phone. Scratches don’t bother me.

I don’t use screen protectors and, while I’ve bought 4 cases, I had a jet black 7 Plus that ran caseless from a week after launch until tonight. I have no doubt I’ll end up caseless on this, too. Heh.
    I'll end up pulling mine off as well. I used my 7 Plus without a case pretty much the whole time I had it. I had the Jet Black too. I do like having a clear skin on the back mainly for the extra grip. My Jet Black didn't need one. It was grippy enough without a skin.
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-03-2017 07:52 PM
    Yep - and I find the X even grippier.

I adore the colour of the aubergine leather case though, so it’s still on...for now. Strangely I find the leather case is more slippery than the caseless phone.
    11-04-2017 06:14 PM
    It’s stainless steel so it’s pretty strong, as long as you aren’t dropping your phone a lot and banging it around it should be fine.
    11-04-2017 06:25 PM
    Yep - and I find the X even grippier.

I adore the colour of the aubergine leather case though, so it’s still on...for now. Strangely I find the leather case is more slippery than the caseless phone.
    +1 for the aubergine case. Loving the color .... and it is def less grippy than just the naked device. I do tend to keep my devices covered though so my case will stay on.
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-04-2017 10:55 PM
    Having spent few days now with the Silver variant, I will most definitely swap it over for it’s space grey counterpart.
    11-05-2017 10:15 AM
    No case will stop stainless from scratching. I had my old iPod Touch in an OtterBox from day one. Opened it 6 months later and it looked like someone took a sword to it.
    11-05-2017 10:40 AM
    I originally preordered the space gray 64GB. When I got to the store to pick it up, I changed my mind and got the silver kind of white in the back depending on lighting with 256GB. So far I’m liking the color. I’m not too concern about the scratching on the edge because I’m using a case.
    11-05-2017 10:44 AM
    Picked up the Silver model...I personally like the way it looks, I know it will get scratch...eventually. In the meantime, I’ll keep it in a nice slim case and have a screen protector. If it gets too bad, I’ll just have to do an insurance claim.
    11-05-2017 10:52 AM
    Having spent few days now with the Silver variant, I will most definitely swap it over for it’s space grey counterpart.
    The space gray will scratch the same as the sikver will the only way to stop it is a case same material just painted.
    11-05-2017 11:09 AM
    If the silver scratches on the stainless you can polish with Cape Cod wipes (search amazon). I do that with my Apple Watch.
    lawless_pc likes this.
    11-05-2017 11:46 AM
    If the silver scratches on the stainless you can polish with Cape Cod wipes (search amazon). I do that with my Apple Watch.
    How does that work out? Any before and after pics after using the wipes?
    11-05-2017 12:34 PM
    How does that work out? Any before and after pics after using the wipes?
    I don't, no, but they do work well. Just take the wipe out of the pouch, and wipe lightly. With the phone I'd be careful near the screen.
    11-05-2017 02:25 PM
    My wife chose the silver model, and this was my initial concern. I immediately put in in a case after I picked it up on Friday morning, in addition to putting a screen protector on. I'm debating now whether or not to insure them.
    11-05-2017 03:45 PM
    My wife chose the silver model, and this was my initial concern. I immediately put in in a case after I picked it up on Friday morning, in addition to putting a screen protector on. I'm debating now whether or not to insure them.
    Yeah mine is insured but I’m not convinced still - I’ve order a space grey in the meanwhile
    11-05-2017 04:30 PM
    Scratches easy, that's why I went with black.
    11-05-2017 04:31 PM