Silver / bezel concerns

amzi160586

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
So I had pre ordered the Silver 64gb version and I have my concerns that within no time the bezel would get scuffed. Just taking it out of the box minor marks are noticeable.

What are all ya’ll thoughts on this?

I guess in UK we have 14 days returns policy, so will see how it gets on for next 14 days and if unhappy, sadly will return it for a space grey.

User comments / experience so far would be great.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I was at a T-Mobile store today, and the only X they had on display was a Silver. Around the volume buttons was fairly scratched up already. Not sure when they put it out, or how many people have been messing with it though. The people that were looking at it before me weren't being careful at all. They were banging it around the display, and pulling it out as far as the sensor would stretch to take photos. It could just be that people have been careless with the display model.

I bought the Space Grey not the Silver, but I'm a little concerned as well. My Apple Watch has held up really well and it's a Stainless Steel model. I'm just kinda hoping for the best at this point.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
As long as you use a case you shouldn’t have any problems but going naked will definitely cause scratch’s

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I had the same thought, but I always have a case on mine ... bummed to hear that the display units are already scuffed up. I know they can’t have been out for that long.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
It’s just a phone. Scratches don’t bother me.

I don’t use screen protectors and, while I’ve bought 4 cases, I had a jet black 7 Plus that ran caseless from a week after launch until tonight. I have no doubt I’ll end up caseless on this, too. Heh.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
It’s just a phone. Scratches don’t bother me.

I don’t use screen protectors and, while I’ve bought 4 cases, I had a jet black 7 Plus that ran caseless from a week after launch until tonight. I have no doubt I’ll end up caseless on this, too. Heh.

I'll end up pulling mine off as well. I used my 7 Plus without a case pretty much the whole time I had it. I had the Jet Black too. I do like having a clear skin on the back mainly for the extra grip. My Jet Black didn't need one. It was grippy enough without a skin.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Yep - and I find the X even grippier.

I adore the colour of the aubergine leather case though, so it’s still on...for now. Strangely I find the leather case is more slippery than the caseless phone.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It’s stainless steel so it’s pretty strong, as long as you aren’t dropping your phone a lot and banging it around it should be fine.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yep - and I find the X even grippier.

I adore the colour of the aubergine leather case though, so it’s still on...for now. Strangely I find the leather case is more slippery than the caseless phone.

+1 for the aubergine case. Loving the color .... and it is def less grippy than just the naked device. I do tend to keep my devices covered though so my case will stay on.

amzi160586

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Having spent few days now with the Silver variant, I will most definitely swap it over for it’s space grey counterpart.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
No case will stop stainless from scratching. I had my old iPod Touch in an OtterBox from day one. Opened it 6 months later and it looked like someone took a sword to it.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I originally preordered the space gray 64GB. When I got to the store to pick it up, I changed my mind and got the silver kind of white in the back depending on lighting with 256GB. So far I’m liking the color. I’m not too concern about the scratching on the edge because I’m using a case.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Picked up the Silver model...I personally like the way it looks, I know it will get scratch...eventually. In the meantime, I’ll keep it in a nice slim case and have a screen protector. If it gets too bad, I’ll just have to do an insurance claim.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My wife chose the silver model, and this was my initial concern. I immediately put in in a case after I picked it up on Friday morning, in addition to putting a screen protector on. I'm debating now whether or not to insure them.

amzi160586

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
My wife chose the silver model, and this was my initial concern. I immediately put in in a case after I picked it up on Friday morning, in addition to putting a screen protector on. I'm debating now whether or not to insure them.

Yeah mine is insured but I’m not convinced still - I’ve order a space grey in the meanwhile

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods