My Take on the iPhone X

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I received my space grey 64 gig unit today along with my black Apple OEM leather case which I have always bought with the last few models.

First of all the device feels great in my hand and as with all Apple products, excellent build quality is to be expected. Now that I have had the device the better half of today, I don’t even miss the 1100.00 and change I paid for the device.

Setting up the device was straight forward and the face recognition was a snap and I just made sure I had good lighting when setting it up. The rest of the setup was pretty much standard.

Now for the new gesture concepts, being I am a Blackberry user and loved OS10, I have adapted quite well to the swipe and gesture motions needed to operate the device.

I actually felt like I was back on my Blackberry z30 and quirky navigated through the device, opening and closing apps, unlocking the device and so on.

I even like the new way to view the battery percentage by simply swiping down from the top right corner which brings up the control center and the battery percentage is also displayed.

The one thing that took some getting used to is how to shut the device off. Forget the power button, that is now used to access Siri. You have to press and hold the up volume key along with the power button and three options are displayed, the top one is the slider bar to shut the device off. It can also be done through settings and the general menu.

Call quality is excellent as I would expect from any iPhone and I am on T Mobile USA and haven’t had any dropped calls or network issues.

So far I am loving the device and I don’t miss the home button and I am quickly mastering the gesturing concept on the device. I have always like this concept and was sad when Blackberry gave up on OS10.

Now that Apple has adapted it and they have the resources and capital to really make it work and tailor it to IOS. I am excited about the future and the iPhone X. Just my two cents worth.

Innerchild

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your first impressions. I too was a huge fan of Blackberry OS10 and was heartbroken to see it not further developed by BB. As soon as I saw the X demo, my first thought was gestures are back!

I didn’t preorder since my 7 plus is working just fine but your take on the new generation of iPhone is tempting me toward getting one on order. It would become my primary with the 7+ moved to my second number.

Off to do a little shopping. Thanks!

minimejer05

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
My only problem is with the reachability mode. Only works 1/5th of the time. The rest of the time it just pulls down the search bar.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your first impressions. I too was a huge fan of Blackberry OS10 and was heartbroken to see it not further developed by BB. As soon as I saw the X demo, my first thought was gestures are back!

I didn’t preorder since my 7 plus is working just fine but your take on the new generation of iPhone is tempting me toward getting one on order. It would become my primary with the 7+ moved to my second number.

Off to do a little shopping. Thanks!

I you do decide to get one, I think you will like it. Good luck.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Same as i got, 64GB SG and Black leather case.
I find swipe from left to notifications is better for battery %, put in the middle or near top, also shows AW too if you have one. Very handy.

zenjen

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
Are videos full screen? In store today, on the unit I handled, there were rather large black bezels in landscape playback. Is the normal or is it configurable? I’d like to use my full, OLED, edge to edge display.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Any tips? There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how or why it works for me. Completely random.

I find swiping from the middle of the dock down normally works with reach ability 95% of the time for me. It’s definitely some getting used to it. But I’m embracing it. Love this phone.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else having this issue with Tapatalk....when I click on a thread it brings me to the beginning, not where I last left off?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods