My Take on the iPhone X

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Are videos full screen? In store today, on the unit I handled, there were rather large black bezels in landscape playback. Is the normal or is it configurable? I’d like to use my full, OLED, edge to edge display.

You should just be able to double tap on the screen to expand to fullscreen. It doesn't work in all apps yet though.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You should just be able to double tap on the screen to expand to fullscreen. It doesn't work in all apps yet though.

Zooming into video crops it. Since the aspect ratios (physical display, video content) don't match, that is the only way to go full screen without distorting the video.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Zooming into video crops it. Since the aspect ratios (physical display, video content) don't match, that is the only way to go full screen without distorting the video.

Yeah, I know. She wanted to know how to have video fill the entire display though. That's how you would do it. Same thing with every 2:1 display.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I was able to adapt quickly with the new gesture on iPhone 10 and I’m really liking it. I don’t miss the home button or the Touch ID. Face ID is much faster and easier to use especially for those apps that already adapted the technology. This is coming from an iPhone user since the original iPhone 2007. I have never used another phone.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Reachability is also giving me some grief. I also suspect that the case has something to do with it. Luckily, the phone is thin enough where I would rarely need it.