I ended up ordering two iPhone X's (one for me, one for my wife), but I know the whole process (at least in my case) was a tedious one. Should I go with the iPhone 8 instead? Pricing (so expensive). Should I go through a carrier to subsidize the cost? Was having the latest and greatest enough justification on its own?

I had a lot of questions and factoring to do before I made my decision.

What logic did you run with before you made your purchase?
    11-03-2017 02:41 PM
    I questioned whether I should immediately buy what I feel is a first-gen product of its kind seeing that this is Apple's first shot at creating an iPhone without a physical home button and an OLED display. I just said no.
    11-03-2017 02:54 PM
    I was on day 14 of 14 for a return period with my iPhone 8 Plus, which I paid full retail price for, and exchanged it for the iPhone X and paying the price difference. If Best Buy would've sold a T-Mobile variant, I would've purchased it on device payment plan instead. It would've been much less money to put down right away, but at least I won't have monthly payments moving forward.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    11-03-2017 03:06 PM
    Played with one today, couldn’t even demo the face id Apple has it turned off on demos
    11-03-2017 03:15 PM
    I did so much thinking before I made the final decision to order a X. I was going to stick with my 6 because there was nothing wrong with it. Then a week before the pre-order started, my father's iPhone 5 broke. I decided to give him my 6 and get a new phone for myself.

After talking with a few people that had an iPhone Plus (7 and 8), I decided to give that a try and picked an 8+ up from the local Apple store. There were a lot of good things with the 8+ but I couldn't get past the size of the thing. I decided to get up at 2:50 am and try to order a X. If I could get it by Nov 3rd, I would return the 8+. If not, I would keep the 8+ and deal with the size.

I got up on time and got myself ready to order. Once preordering went live, I went as fast as I could thru the menus ordering the 256 gb gray model. I got to the part where I had to give my carrier info and the app asked me for my a carrier PIN #. I didn't know I had a PIN with my carrier. I tried the one I thought it might be. Didn't work. I tried 3 or 4 more times. It didn't work. Then I got a message stating they were having issues contacting my carrier and that my phone was reserved but not ordered. I would get an email later with a link to confirm my order.

At this point I went to my carrier's app and figured out the PIN business. I set a PIN to match the one I used when I tried to order. The next morning I saw the email, and clicked the link. The confirmation page said I would get the phone on the 3rd so I placed the order.

Last night I returned the 8+ to the Apple Store and went without a phone for a day. I could have returned it today but didn't want to deal with the crowds looking for a X. The X came today around lunch time. I popped my SIM into it, set it up, did a few updates and played with it for a few minutes. Now I'm downloading my backup. Can't wait for that to finish so I can see how my apps work with the new screen and FaceID. Should be interesting... So far I'm not regretting the decision.
    danbula likes this.
    11-03-2017 03:28 PM
    I mean, how much cheaper is an 8 Plus at max capacity? $200? How much is that over the course of a carrier contract? It was a no brainer for me. Now that I’ve used the device, there is absolutely 0 doubt that I made the right choice.
    11-03-2017 03:54 PM
    I am still trying to figure out how to buy an unlocked phone not tied in to any carrier.
    zenjen likes this.
    11-03-2017 03:55 PM
    I posted this in another thread, but it’s appropriate here.

https://www.wired.com/2017/11/review...17_daily_intro

Makes both cases...good reasons to get the X and good reasons to wait for the next one.
    11-04-2017 12:05 AM
    I have always said the same thing when purchasing something I want. Life is way to short and I work hard and enjoy life so get what you want and enjoy it while your are here.
    11-04-2017 05:22 AM
    I had no questions.
    I knew I wanted one.
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-04-2017 05:57 AM