For those of you out there with iPhone X in hand, you lucky dawg!! Curious to what your first impressions are of the phone, so share them here if you please!

I'm still waiting on mine to ship, I'll be sure to contribute more around this forum once I have it!!

Sound off! What are your first impressions?
    11-03-2017 02:30 PM
    I've only had it for a couple of hours but impressions so far:

- Screen is great - Brighter and sharper than my old iPhone. A fellow in my office with a 7+ was impressed with the sharpness. So much more screen real estate. --- dooling like Homer Simpson ---

- Size is great - Just slightly larger than my old iPhone 6. Noticeably heavier than the 6 but still lighter than the 8+ I tried out for the last two weeks. Very pocketable.

- Speed is great - Much faster than my old 6. Same as the 8+ I tried.

- Camera is great - Haven’t tried it much but it's basically the same as the 8+ which I really liked.

- Gestures- Will take some getting used to but I'll get there...

- FaceID - Seems to be working fine so far. No issues...

Not regretting spending so much money on a phone just yet
    Last edited by RobtRoma; 11-04-2017 at 11:06 PM.
    Retinella and aximtreo like this.
    11-03-2017 02:40 PM
    It’s absolutely better than I had even imagined. I really love finally having an OLED screen on an iPhone. This screen is fantastic. Crystal clear and strikingly sharp.

And I LOVE the size and feel in the hand. Now I have big hands but I was getting tired of the 7 Plus and the way it felt in hand.

FaceID works like a charm. The apps that have been updated specifically for this phone look great. I know developers are hard at work updating their apps.

Having some muscle memory heartburn over the home button but this is day 1 so I’m sure I’ll be over it by the weekend is done.

The notch isn’t bothering me at all. And the silver color is gorgeous. Overall I am extremely happy with my purchase.
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-03-2017 03:02 PM
    Everything is great. Only gripe I have is a shaky speaker when on a call and turned all the way up.
    11-03-2017 03:08 PM
    I love it. The screen is just as good as the LCD TrueTone display on the 8 Plus, which is a good thing. FaceID is a lot quicker than I thought it would be. My phone is unlocked and on the home screen in less than a second. It really works. Pro Tip: Don't wait for the unlock animation. Just use raise to wake, swipe up right after the phone wakes, and you're in.

This is the best iPhone I have ever used, by far.
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-03-2017 03:10 PM
    Yeah, TouchID May technically be faster than FaceID, but the seamless practicality of FaceID makes things faster. For example, when accessing passwords in apps, I no longer need to move my finger to the home button to make it happen. It just does.
    11-03-2017 03:17 PM
    I love it. The screen is just as good as the LCD TrueTone display on the 8 Plus, which is a good thing. FaceID is a lot quicker than I thought it would be. My phone is unlocked and on the home screen in less than a second. It really works. Pro Tip: Don't wait for the unlock animation. Just use raise to wake, swipe up right after the phone wakes, and you're in.

This is the best iPhone I have ever used, by far.
    Just as good? You don’t notice a difference between the LCD and OLED?
    11-03-2017 03:22 PM
    Way too small not impressed at all with the x
    ReggieTee and zinedine like this.
    11-03-2017 03:32 PM
    Just as good? You don’t notice a difference between the LCD and OLED?
    I don't notice a difference, but I don't have the 8 Plus and X side-by-side to tell for sure. I had the 8 Plus and the screen on the X looks just as good. I can't really tell it's OLED, tbh.

EDIT: I'm sitting in a dimly-lit basement apartment and the auto-brightness made the screen appear dim. When I manually turned up the brightness to about 50%, I could definitely tell it was an OLED display.
    zinedine likes this.
    11-03-2017 03:32 PM
    So far, I love everything about it. Most of my day has been setup, so I’ll probably give some more feedback as I use it more. The size, screen, gestures, and FaceID are awesome. The speed of FaceID still amazes me.
    11-03-2017 08:39 PM
    Haven't fully set mine up yet, but after an hour of use I am liking it so far
    11-03-2017 08:55 PM
    Of course I like it! But I’m not real happy that my banking apps etc. that I use touch ID to log onto don’t work now with Face ID. I thought they said it would automatically take the place of touch ID. Or is it up to the individual app to adjust to Face ID? Anybody know??
    AllanRosen likes this.
    11-03-2017 09:03 PM
    Of course I like it! But I’m not real happy that my banking apps etc. that I use touch ID to log onto don’t work now with Face ID. I thought they said it would automatically take the place of touch ID. Or is it up to the individual app to adjust to Face ID? Anybody know??
    Mine are all working. Each app has asked me if I wanted to activate FaceID for TouchID authorized access. Said yes each time, unlock all my apps with my face.

Ps. I’m absolutely in love with this phone
    aximtreo and mweber67 like this.
    11-03-2017 09:17 PM
    Played with one in the Verizon Store and I'm going to keep my 7 Plus, to keep my home button and avoid the gesture-based UI. I find it awful, personally.

I honestly don't notice much difference between the X and 7/8+ screens, to be honest... It's cooler, but the colors render similarly and they just don't look substantially different to me.

Bezels around the screen are still pretty large, as well.

But I just don't like the gesture UI. It's designed with a complete disregard for ergonomics. Devices still isn't really a 1 handed phone - the iPhone 8 does that better.
    11-03-2017 09:34 PM
    Interesting initial impressions review from Wired Magazine.

https://www.wired.com/2017/11/review...17_daily_intro

David Pierce makes a good case for being a cutting edge, early adopter. He also makes a good case for waiting for maturity and more integrated implementation for the new tech.

I’m waiting for my Space Gray X and I love my Silver iPhone 8 Plus. Just not sure I’m going keep the X.
    11-03-2017 11:53 PM
    I like the size but wouldn’t mind if it was bigger. Now that the screen is edge to edge I want more of it! I’m already getting used to the new gestures and I was really worried this morning when I was buying it and the guy didn’t know how to pull down the control panel but I’ve since figured all that out. My eyes have not quite adjusted to the new screen but I think it will in a day or so. Over all I am happy which isn’t a surprise I’ve had every iPhone except the 3GS and the 8 and even if there are some bugs I’m confident it will all work out.
    11-04-2017 12:11 AM
    Way too small not impressed at all with the x
    I tried it at apple store. It feels good in hand, dude.
    11-04-2017 12:16 AM
    The Plus phones feel super fat and clunky after using the X for a short time. So heavy, and wide. The more I use the X the more I love it.
    zachpenguin likes this.
    11-04-2017 12:27 AM
    I quickly have fallen in love with the X. It really is a magical device. Still blows my mind that the screen is bigger and the phone is smaller. It runs very fast and the speakers sound so much louder than my 7 plus. I am really loving this device.
    mweber67 likes this.
    11-04-2017 12:36 AM
    Another thing, while I have cases on the way I don’t really feel the need to use them. The X is nowhere near as slick as the previous aluminum body iPhones. I’m almost tempted to not use one, if it didn’t cost $550 to replace the back glass and $750 to replace the front glass.
    11-04-2017 01:45 AM
    Bezels around the screen are still pretty large, as well.
    I don’t think I’ll ever understand this opinion. What do you guys want? “Pretty large”? In what way?
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-04-2017 02:51 AM
    Another thing, while I have cases on the way I don’t really feel the need to use them. The X is nowhere near as slick as the previous aluminum body iPhones. I’m almost tempted to not use one, if it didn’t cost $550 to replace the back glass and $750 to replace the front glass.
    Sheesh. I thought it was around $280 without AppleCare+. If those prices are legit then I’m glad I sprung for the AppleCare+.
    11-04-2017 03:00 AM
    Sheesh. I thought it was around $280 without AppleCare+. If those prices are legit then I’m glad I sprung for the AppleCare+.
    It may be $750 for both and like $250 for the front, I’ve only been half paying attention to the 2,000 iPhone X videos in my YouTube feed ha ha.
    11-04-2017 03:01 AM
    Man I love this thing. I was apprehensive about the notch but I actually kind of like it. It’s unique and so far (got the phone today) it doesn’t bother me during use. I’ve watched YouTube, taken photos, navigated and used iMessage and it hasn’t gotten in the way and I forget it’s there. I love this phone. I love it so much. I haven’t been this excited about an iPhone since my 5S.
    11-04-2017 03:08 AM
    Being a former Blackberry OS10 user and having every iPhone including the original model. This is my favorite one so far.

Forum factor is excellent and it feels great in my hand. The screen is sharp, crisp and very responsive to using the gestures.

The speed of the X is great and I have experienced no lag. I have big hands and haven’t had the reachability issues folks have been talking about.

After using the device the better part of a day now, I don’t even miss the 1100 and change I paid for it. My hats off to the Apple iPhone X team. Great job for your first time around using gestures.
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-04-2017 05:29 AM
127 123 ...