iPhone X First Impressions Thread!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For those of you out there with iPhone X in hand, you lucky dawg!! Curious to what your first impressions are of the phone, so share them here if you please!

I'm still waiting on mine to ship, I'll be sure to contribute more around this forum once I have it!!

Sound off! What are your first impressions?

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I've only had it for a couple of hours but impressions so far:

- Screen is great - Brighter and sharper than my old iPhone. A fellow in my office with a 7+ was impressed with the sharpness. So much more screen real estate. --- dooling like Homer Simpson ---

- Size is great - Just slightly larger than my old iPhone 6. Noticeably heavier than the 6 but still lighter than the 8+ I tried out for the last two weeks. Very pocketable.

- Speed is great - Much faster than my old 6. Same as the 8+ I tried.

- Camera is great - Haven’t tried it much but it's basically the same as the 8+ which I really liked.

- Gestures- Will take some getting used to but I'll get there...

- FaceID - Seems to be working fine so far. No issues...

Not regretting spending so much money on a phone just yet ;)

Last edited:

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It’s absolutely better than I had even imagined. I really love finally having an OLED screen on an iPhone. This screen is fantastic. Crystal clear and strikingly sharp.

And I LOVE the size and feel in the hand. Now I have big hands but I was getting tired of the 7 Plus and the way it felt in hand.

FaceID works like a charm. The apps that have been updated specifically for this phone look great. I know developers are hard at work updating their apps.

Having some muscle memory heartburn over the home button but this is day 1 so I’m sure I’ll be over it by the weekend is done.

The notch isn’t bothering me at all. And the silver color is gorgeous. Overall I am extremely happy with my purchase.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I love it. The screen is just as good as the LCD TrueTone display on the 8 Plus, which is a good thing. FaceID is a lot quicker than I thought it would be. My phone is unlocked and on the home screen in less than a second. It really works. Pro Tip: Don't wait for the unlock animation. Just use raise to wake, swipe up right after the phone wakes, and you're in.

This is the best iPhone I have ever used, by far.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, TouchID May technically be faster than FaceID, but the seamless practicality of FaceID makes things faster. For example, when accessing passwords in apps, I no longer need to move my finger to the home button to make it happen. It just does.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I love it. The screen is just as good as the LCD TrueTone display on the 8 Plus, which is a good thing. FaceID is a lot quicker than I thought it would be. My phone is unlocked and on the home screen in less than a second. It really works. Pro Tip: Don't wait for the unlock animation. Just use raise to wake, swipe up right after the phone wakes, and you're in.

This is the best iPhone I have ever used, by far.

Just as good? You don’t notice a difference between the LCD and OLED?

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Just as good? You don’t notice a difference between the LCD and OLED?

I don't notice a difference, but I don't have the 8 Plus and X side-by-side to tell for sure. I had the 8 Plus and the screen on the X looks just as good. I can't really tell it's OLED, tbh.

EDIT: I'm sitting in a dimly-lit basement apartment and the auto-brightness made the screen appear dim. When I manually turned up the brightness to about 50%, I could definitely tell it was an OLED display.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
So far, I love everything about it. Most of my day has been setup, so I’ll probably give some more feedback as I use it more. The size, screen, gestures, and FaceID are awesome. The speed of FaceID still amazes me.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Of course I like it! But I’m not real happy that my banking apps etc. that I use touch ID to log onto don’t work now with Face ID. I thought they said it would automatically take the place of touch ID. Or is it up to the individual app to adjust to Face ID? Anybody know??

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Of course I like it! But I’m not real happy that my banking apps etc. that I use touch ID to log onto don’t work now with Face ID. I thought they said it would automatically take the place of touch ID. Or is it up to the individual app to adjust to Face ID? Anybody know??

Mine are all working. Each app has asked me if I wanted to activate FaceID for TouchID authorized access. Said yes each time, unlock all my apps with my face.

Ps. I’m absolutely in love with this phone

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Played with one in the Verizon Store and I'm going to keep my 7 Plus, to keep my home button and avoid the gesture-based UI. I find it awful, personally.

I honestly don't notice much difference between the X and 7/8+ screens, to be honest... It's cooler, but the colors render similarly and they just don't look substantially different to me.

Bezels around the screen are still pretty large, as well.

But I just don't like the gesture UI. It's designed with a complete disregard for ergonomics. Devices still isn't really a 1 handed phone - the iPhone 8 does that better.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I like the size but wouldn’t mind if it was bigger. Now that the screen is edge to edge I want more of it! I’m already getting used to the new gestures and I was really worried this morning when I was buying it and the guy didn’t know how to pull down the control panel but I’ve since figured all that out. My eyes have not quite adjusted to the new screen but I think it will in a day or so. Over all I am happy which isn’t a surprise I’ve had every iPhone except the 3GS and the 8 and even if there are some bugs I’m confident it will all work out.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I quickly have fallen in love with the X. It really is a magical device. Still blows my mind that the screen is bigger and the phone is smaller. It runs very fast and the speakers sound so much louder than my 7 plus. I am really loving this device.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Another thing, while I have cases on the way I don’t really feel the need to use them. The X is nowhere near as slick as the previous aluminum body iPhones. I’m almost tempted to not use one, if it didn’t cost $550 to replace the back glass and $750 to replace the front glass.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2