iPhone X First Impressions Thread!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Another thing, while I have cases on the way I don’t really feel the need to use them. The X is nowhere near as slick as the previous aluminum body iPhones. I’m almost tempted to not use one, if it didn’t cost $550 to replace the back glass and $750 to replace the front glass.

Sheesh. I thought it was around $280 without AppleCare+. If those prices are legit then I’m glad I sprung for the AppleCare+.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Sheesh. I thought it was around $280 without AppleCare+. If those prices are legit then I’m glad I sprung for the AppleCare+.

It may be $750 for both and like $250 for the front, I’ve only been half paying attention to the 2,000 iPhone X videos in my YouTube feed ha ha.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Man I love this thing. I was apprehensive about the notch but I actually kind of like it. It’s unique and so far (got the phone today) it doesn’t bother me during use. I’ve watched YouTube, taken photos, navigated and used iMessage and it hasn’t gotten in the way and I forget it’s there. I love this phone. I love it so much. I haven’t been this excited about an iPhone since my 5S.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Being a former Blackberry OS10 user and having every iPhone including the original model. This is my favorite one so far.

Forum factor is excellent and it feels great in my hand. The screen is sharp, crisp and very responsive to using the gestures.

The speed of the X is great and I have experienced no lag. I have big hands and haven’t had the reachability issues folks have been talking about.

After using the device the better part of a day now, I don’t even miss the 1100 and change I paid for it. My hats off to the Apple iPhone X team. Great job for your first time around using gestures.

sekelani

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Absolutely love this phone. It’s feels fresh and different coming from the 7plus.

Camera screen are crisp.

Worthy upgrade

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I agree with most of the posts on this thread but overall I am not impressed with the X. The size is smaller than I expected and compared to the Note 8 the X dosent come close.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I don’t think I’ll ever understand this opinion. What do you guys want? “Pretty large”? In what way?

The X does have a large bezel all the way around the phone, compared to a lot of android phones. I don’t mind it at all, but I can understand people who don’t like it.

The more I use the X, the more I like it. The Face ID is the best experience I’ve ever had with biometrics on any phone. I also really enjoy the gestures.

jdubb82

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone has not had this premium feel in a long time IMO. It’s weighty in the right way and solid all over.

Screen is not exactly bezeless; has the side bezels of the last few generations just all the way around now. It’s very very fast.

Very fast. Setup as new and downloaded all my apps (about 100 ) in 5-10 minutes.

Camera’s good, nothing earth shattering. Photos have more detail when zoomed-in and better definition than the 7 plus I’m coming from.

With True Tone enabled I only notice the blue shift of the OLED on a white background and even then it’s very slight.

Before buying the phone I thought I would disable Face ID because I was afraid someone could unlock my phone by holding to my face. But as long as the attention requirement is enabled (default) it won’t unlock which is perfect. Otherwise it unlocks flawlessly even in a completely dark room.

The only annoying part of owning it so far is I had to beat my friends/coworkers off with a stick because everyone wanted to hold this thing before I could get it out the box!

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Of course I like it! But I’m not real happy that my banking apps etc. that I use touch ID to log onto don’t work now with Face ID. I thought they said it would automatically take the place of touch ID. Or is it up to the individual app to adjust to Face ID? Anybody know??

Now that I’ve been able to check further, I discovered that Touch ID had gotten turned off when installed from backup. Now that I turned it back on, I can use Face ID instead. So now I’m happy!!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I love it. The screen is just as good as the LCD TrueTone display on the 8 Plus, which is a good thing. FaceID is a lot quicker than I thought it would be. My phone is unlocked and on the home screen in less than a second. It really works. Pro Tip: Don't wait for the unlock animation. Just use raise to wake, swipe up right after the phone wakes, and you're in.

This is the best iPhone I have ever used, by far.

How does it compare to your Note 8?

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
We all have different opinion obviously but for me I really like this phone. Coming from a plus user starting with iPhone 6 Plus, I will say the size for me is just perfect. It’s easier to hold and perfectly fits my hand. The screen size is taller but narrower compared to the plus but I have gotten used to it just by using it the whole day yesterday. The Face ID is amazing! Never going back to Touch ID again. Some people are saying that they don’t feel like Face ID is faster and easier to use than Touch ID but those people who are saying that are only sharing their experience from a demo unit in the store or just saying what they think of it but never actually experience themselves. You have to actually own it and use it the whole day to really feel the advantage of Face ID over Touch ID. I have also gotten used to the new gesture. I don’t miss the home button anymore. It’s very easy to use now. I’m sure someday I will find something negative about it but for now I haven’t found any.

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Being a former Blackberry OS10 user and having every iPhone including the original model. This is my favorite one so far.

Forum factor is excellent and it feels great in my hand. The screen is sharp, crisp and very responsive to using the gestures.

The speed of the X is great and I have experienced no lag. I have big hands and haven’t had the reachability issues folks have been talking about.

After using the device the better part of a day now, I don’t even miss the 1100 and change I paid for it. My hats off to the Apple iPhone X team. Great job for your first time around using gestures.

One of the things I noticed with the Ten is the gestures are very familiar to BB10 users of he past. They seemed so natural when using the BB specifically the BB10 OS.

After watching YouTubes before delivery all I heard about was people squawking about the notch and now I haven’t heard it once. It’s not an issue? I didn’t think it would be.

I’m still loving my 6S.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
One of the things I noticed with the Ten is the gestures are very familiar to BB10 users of he past. They seemed so natural when using the BB specifically the BB10 OS.

After watching YouTubes before delivery all I heard about was people squawking about the notch and now I haven’t heard it once. It’s not an issue? I didn’t think it would be.

I’m still loving my 6S.

Honestly, I don’t really notice the notch. Not even when watching videos. It’s naturally where my thumb lies when holding it in landscape anyway. Everybody just needed something to complain about is all.

Infinite7154

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm coming from an iPhone 7 Plus so the first thing I have to get used to is the size. So far Face ID is working like a charm. Used it in the dark this morning and it did what it needed to do. Face ID doesn't work in Landscape mode, it has to be held straight on. Most of my apps take advantage of the full screen except Home Run Battle 2. It uses only iPhone 7 size of the screen, not the full 5.8". I'll probably return in and go back to my 7 Plus.

scarr2k

Oct 31, 2017
Visit site
Fantastic phone. Love the size, this is the iPhone I've been waiting for. And I actually now prefer the swiping gesture which feels so much more fluid and quicker than hitting the button. Definitely an increase in speed and the face-id just works!

osolot729

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Ive had the phone for two days and here are my impressions...

1. screen is amazing - don't notice notch after a while, especially on optimized apps. hopefully burn in is not an issue ( apple already has warnings not to use phone at high brightness for a while and other guidelines.) The ATT store by me had a print out was odd.

2. Face ID works pretty good only had issues in bright light and even than it worked was just much slower.

3. Camera - This is where I nit pick. Best camera is the one I have with me. All reviews post photos of stationary scenes. I judge it by my 4 toddlers. In this scenario it did not perform nearly as well as my pixel 2. The new iPhone got me 6 good pics out of 10, pixel was close to 8 out of 10. Once again I'm nit picking. Both cameras have plus and minus and are excellent. But to me if I was choosing a phone just for camera and kids this would not be in. The iPhone x auto focus is just a tad slower. I hope to post comparison photos later as took both phones to an event last night.

4. Feel in hand is great. Even with a case on its almost flawless in size.

I have no opinion of iOS or android, I normally carry whatever phone has best ability to take photos of my kids.

Last thing I will say in every other way iPhone X is great, it just didn't pass my photo test. It wasn't bad just not same league as pixel phones with moving kids.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The X does have a large bezel all the way around the phone, compared to a lot of android phones. I don’t mind it at all, but I can understand people who don’t like it.

The more I use the X, the more I like it. The Face ID is the best experience I’ve ever had with biometrics on any phone. I also really enjoy the gestures.

I guess the word “large” really makes me scratch my head. Compared to my S8, I’m not looking at my X and thinking about the bezels. I also wasn’t in the group complaining about bezels on the last phone though.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
How does it compare to your Note 8?

I don't have a Note 8 anymore. I exchanged it for the 8 Plus a couple of weeks back. But as far as the iPhone X is when compared to the Note 8: the size of the X is much more manageable than the size of the Note 8, for sure. The Note 8 felt like a huge brick in my pocket and the X feels like a small iPhone in my pocket, which is a good thing. The Note 8 is just too big.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR