Who said they wouldn't, and did?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I got an 8 Plus last week after having an issue with the IUP on preorder night at 3am. Said I'd be fine with it and totally was, but then the X came in stock at my local Apple Store so being within the 14 day period, I swapped them out. I miss the screen real estate of the plus but the X is so much easier to handle.

Swapped a 256gb silver 8 Plus for the same color/capacity iPhone X.

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I mocked it to no end with the notch and the loss of the home button. Swore I wasn’t going to get one. Now I own a 256gb gray. I’m a weak individual. I even tried going to android bc I hated it that much. Yea that didn’t last long! Now I’m glad I got one.

Innerchild

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Didn’t mean to do it... didn’t wanna do it... but I did!

Ordered one Friday from Apple, silver 256GB, arriving around Dec 1st. They had me at “gestures” which is reminiscent of my beloved Blackberry OS10 (RIP), and seeing it in actual use in many reviews.

Swore I’d never buy Apple. So far in 2017 I now have iPad Mini 4, iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch 2, and iPad Pro 12.9. What can I say? Apple is beautifully engineered and just works.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I got an 8 Plus last week after having an issue with the IUP on preorder night at 3am. Said I'd be fine with it and totally was, but then the X came in stock at my local Apple Store so being within the 14 day period, I swapped them out. I miss the screen real estate of the plus but the X is so much easier to handle.

Swapped a 256gb silver 8 Plus for the same color/capacity iPhone X.

You’ll adjust with screen size right away. Been using a plus phone since the iPhone 6. Don’t forget the display quality of OLED compared to the 8. I would sacrifice screen size difference over the picture quality of the display on iPhone 10. It’s much comfortable to hold the phone as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Told you so.

*runs*

Yah yah yah yadda yadda yadda.....

You did it time with the ooooooooo look at the iPhone 5 chamfered edges and NOW you did it to me with the ooooooooo it’s the chrome from the old iPods and it feels soooooo solid.

YOUR. FAULT.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Didn’t mean to do it... didn’t wanna do it... but I did!

Ordered one Friday from Apple, silver 256GB, arriving around Dec 1st. They had me at “gestures” which is reminiscent of my beloved Blackberry OS10 (RIP), and seeing it in actual use in many reviews.

Swore I’d never buy Apple. So far in 2017 I now have iPad Mini 4, iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch 2, and iPad Pro 12.9. What can I say? Apple is beautifully engineered and just works.

Oh dang, you got it bad........Call your doctor right now!...(Laughing)

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Which phone do you like better. I like the overall size of my X, but I’m missing a bigger screen. I don’t think I could ever go back to Touch ID though. Face ID works so much better for me.

You realize it is only about a 3% screen size difference, after removing the area the notch takes up? The big difference is just the display ratio, not the screen size -- though apps not updated for the X do get letter boxed/pillar boxed.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Which phone do you like better. I like the overall size of my X, but I’m missing a bigger screen. I don’t think I could ever go back to Touch ID though. Face ID works so much better for me.

You realize it is only about a 3% screen size difference, after removing the area the notch takes up? The big difference is just the display ratio, not the screen size -- though apps not updated for the X do get letter boxed/pillar boxed.

Yep 2.9% difference, if it weren’t for the notch then the X would have a larger screen. Still a different aspect ratio, but larger. The notch is the only thing keeping the X from having a truly larger viewable display than the Plus.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Yah yah yah yadda yadda yadda.....

You did it time with the ooooooooo look at the iPhone 5 chamfered edges and NOW you did it to me with the ooooooooo it’s the chrome from the old iPods and it feels soooooo solid.

YOUR. FAULT.

Don’t know what you’re talking about.

aggie

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I've got issues. I was happy with my 7 Plus and S8+ just a few months ago. Swore to myself that I had my phone arsenal all set for the year.

Then the Note 8 comes out. "Oh man, the S8+ doesn't have a telephoto lens. I miss portrait mode and being able to have photos that look decent while zoomed in." As soon as preorders go live, I have a Note 8 ordered and headed my way. Upon receiving the Note 8, I was in heaven. Still keeping my trusty 7 Plus and the best of the Android world in hand I'm all set.

Then the Pixel XL 2 comes out. Sucker...... This phone looks amazing. iPhone X what? I'm not waiting for the iPhone unveil. This one is "it" for me. In the meantime the iPhone X is announced. Looks nice, but, I've got my 7 Plus and it other than the slick new form factor and animoji, it's still an iPhone. Thankfully, the reports of the display issues come out before my 2XL preorder ships. Order cancelled.

Oct 27 2:00 AM CST, refresh, refresh, refresh, finally the Apple Store App lets me in at 2:20 AM. 256gb SG ordered for 11/17-11/24 delivery. After rewatching the keynote, seeing hands on videos, and visiting the Apple site daily I convinced myself I had to have this phone. I'm impatient though.

Saturday morning I wake up at 5:00 am and first thing I do is check the Apple store app and unbelievably every variant of the X on every carrier was in stock at all of the DFW area Apple stores. Immediately cancel my order and had one paid for and reserved for 10:00 AM pickup.

I have not put this device down for 3 days now. I still have some issues with iOS but this is the nicest piece of hardware I've seen in a while, perhaps ever. I absolutely love the screen and near edge to edge display. There's definitely some bezel there contrary to Apple's marketing claims, but I'll gladly take that over Samsung's useless curved edge display. I thought the notch would bother me but after a few hours of use I was used to it and I think once apps are updated to support the X it will be mostly a non issue. Glad I changed my mind as I'm completely blown away by the X. Giving the 7 Plus to my wife and going to keep the Note 8 on my business line. It is still one heck of a device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro