Who said they wouldn't, and did?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I know I vehemently said I wouldn't, but it's not my fault....I swear!.....I was merely minding my own business while perusing the Apple Store app on my beloved iPhone 8 when all of a sudden, a silver 256 GB iPhone X appeared on the screen and available at a nearby Apple Store. I assumed someone drugged me or something because the next thing I know I was walking out of that Apple Store carrying a bag. I looked in the bag and saw a brand new iPhone X and the paper receipt. Then I received an email notification on my iPhone 8 and discovered that it was from Apple thanking me for my purchase. WTH is going on 'round here? I swear it must be a C-O-N-spiracy or something!

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Well, I know I vehemently said I wouldn't, but it's not my fault....I swear!.....I was merely minding my own business while perusing the Apple Store app on my beloved iPhone 8 when all of a sudden, a silver 256 GB iPhone X appeared on the screen and available at a nearby Apple Store. I assumed someone drugged me or something because the next thing I know I was walking out of that Apple Store carrying a bag. I looked in the bag and saw a brand new iPhone X and the paper receipt. Then I received an email notification on my iPhone 8 and discovered that it was from Apple thanking me for my purchase. WTH is going on 'round here? I swear it must be a C-O-N-spiracy or something!

That's weird. I think the same drug that drugged you was also responsible for my lapse in awareness yesterday at Best Buy when I suddenly realized I was standing outside the store with a 256GB silver iPhone X. Haha.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I got a 256GB silver iPhone X despite the fact that I said time and time again I wouldn't get one. I walked into a Best Buy at 9 am central and was able to get one right away, no lines.

I regret nothing.

View attachment 120170

I went in a non-corporate Verizon authorized seller shop today just on a lark while I was running errands in another town nearby. I just wanted to see if they had a display X I could see in person. I didn’t see one and an employee told me they didn’t have enough to have a display, but he had a few in the back and he’d bring one out for me to look at. (I was shocked really that they had some. ) I told him I wasn’t buying today and didn’t want to take up his time. He said no problem let me get one. So he brought a beautiful X in silver and I got to look it over. Of course it was not set up so I couldn’t play with the gestures and could only see the set up screen, but it was nice to get a feel for the size of it and see it in person.
Just still surprised they had a few in store so close to launch!
Still don’t know for sure if I’ll end up getting one or go for the 8 plus. Going to think it over for a couple of months.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's weird. I think the same drug that drugged you was also responsible for my lapse in awareness yesterday at Best Buy when I suddenly realized I was standing outside the store with a 256GB silver iPhone X. Haha.

(Laughing)....Man, we’ve got to be more careful, right?

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

I feel ya, buddy.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

For some reason I found myself scraping snow off my truck, canceling a doctors appointment, driving across town in a BLIZZARD in 19 degree weather. Trudging across an unplowed parking lot and getting in line behind two other people at a Verizon corporate store....weird. I have no clue how I became the owner of an 8 Plus AND a X

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
For some reason I found myself scraping snow off my truck, canceling a doctors appointment, driving across town in a BLIZZARD in 19 degree weather. Trudging across an unplowed parking lot and getting in line behind two other people at a Verizon corporate store....weird. I have no clue how I became the owner of an 8 Plus AND a X

Which phone do you like better. I like the overall size of my X, but I’m missing a bigger screen. I don’t think I could ever go back to Touch ID though. Face ID works so much better for me.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

(Laughing)....WOW!....We’re all victims of the same mysterious phenomenon...

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I’m having a B I G slice of crow pie for breakfast.
I went to see it at Best Buy yesterday while doing errands.
It was F A S T. Felt great. It was a gorgeous piece of tech.
So this just happened.
e25d9935d94dbb7483168c4a218756a7.jpg

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome aboard the train. There’s many of us lol

Yah....seeing it in person and, putting my 8 Plus on the table next to the X, bringing up the same page at the same time and having the X come up INSTANTANEOUSLY kinda sorta did it to me.
I’m doomed. Doomed I tell you.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Sigh, guilty. I swore I wasn't going to buy it. I said the same thing about the 8 Plus though when I had the 7 plus, and the same thing about the 7 Plus when I had the 6S Plus, and you can keep going.

All I can say is that its a spectacular device and once I got my hands on it there was no turning back.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
You are all lame, weak individuals who have no backbone or ability to stand up for what you believe in!

Now, tell me, is it as cool as you say it is? I’m thinking of going and looking at one at the Apple store.... 🤣

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You are all lame, weak individuals who have no backbone or ability to stand up for what you believe in!

Now, tell me, is it as cool as you say it is? I’m thinking of going and looking at one at the Apple store.... 🤣

It was F A S T.
It was GORGEOUS.
It felt fantastic in hand, solid.
LOVED their implementation of gestures.
The screen was stunning.

Go look at one.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
It was F A S T.
It was GORGEOUS.
It felt fantastic in hand, solid.
LOVED their implementation of gestures.
The screen was stunning.

Go look at one.

It appears nothing is available anywhere near me according to the Apple site. So I will remain strong and resilient for a while longer.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It appears nothing is available anywhere near me according to the Apple site. So I will remain strong and resilient for a while longer.

Go to Best Buy.
Hold her.
Caress her.
Whisper sweet nothings to her.
Call out her name.

Mine shall be named George.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members