I'm gonna hug 'im and squeeze 'im.
    I LOVE it when somebody “gets” me. 🤪
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-05-2017 11:26 AM
    I LOVE it when somebody “gets” me. 🤪
    lol
    qbnkelt likes this.
    11-05-2017 11:28 AM
    Didn’t mean to do it... didn’t wanna do it... but I did!

Ordered one Friday from Apple, silver 256GB, arriving around Dec 1st. They had me at “gestures” which is reminiscent of my beloved Blackberry OS10 (RIP), and seeing it in actual use in many reviews.

Swore I’d never buy Apple. So far in 2017 I now have iPad Mini 4, iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch 2, and iPad Pro 12.9. What can I say? Apple is beautifully engineered and just works.
    Oh dang, you got it bad........Call your doctor right now!...(Laughing)
    Innerchild likes this.
    11-05-2017 11:55 AM
    Which phone do you like better. I like the overall size of my X, but I’m missing a bigger screen. I don’t think I could ever go back to Touch ID though. Face ID works so much better for me.
    You realize it is only about a 3% screen size difference, after removing the area the notch takes up? The big difference is just the display ratio, not the screen size -- though apps not updated for the X do get letter boxed/pillar boxed.
    11-05-2017 01:43 PM
    Which phone do you like better. I like the overall size of my X, but I’m missing a bigger screen. I don’t think I could ever go back to Touch ID though. Face ID works so much better for me.
    You realize it is only about a 3% screen size difference, after removing the area the notch takes up? The big difference is just the display ratio, not the screen size -- though apps not updated for the X do get letter boxed/pillar boxed.
    Yep 2.9% difference, if it weren’t for the notch then the X would have a larger screen. Still a different aspect ratio, but larger. The notch is the only thing keeping the X from having a truly larger viewable display than the Plus.
    11-05-2017 03:10 PM
    Yah yah yah yadda yadda yadda.....

You did it time with the ooooooooo look at the iPhone 5 chamfered edges and NOW you did it to me with the ooooooooo it’s the chrome from the old iPods and it feels soooooo solid.

YOUR. FAULT.
    Don’t know what you’re talking about.

qbnkelt likes this.
    11-05-2017 03:33 PM
    If I keep reading these threads I might break down
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-05-2017 03:46 PM
    If I keep reading these threads I might break down
    Join us on the dark side. It’s awesome over here!
    11-05-2017 04:22 PM
    I'm stuck with the Note 8 until Dec 1st when Verizon delivers my black 256GB.

How did I fall so far behind.
    11-05-2017 04:29 PM
    I've got issues. I was happy with my 7 Plus and S8+ just a few months ago. Swore to myself that I had my phone arsenal all set for the year.

Then the Note 8 comes out. "Oh man, the S8+ doesn't have a telephoto lens. I miss portrait mode and being able to have photos that look decent while zoomed in." As soon as preorders go live, I have a Note 8 ordered and headed my way. Upon receiving the Note 8, I was in heaven. Still keeping my trusty 7 Plus and the best of the Android world in hand I'm all set.

Then the Pixel XL 2 comes out. Sucker...... This phone looks amazing. iPhone X what? I'm not waiting for the iPhone unveil. This one is "it" for me. In the meantime the iPhone X is announced. Looks nice, but, I've got my 7 Plus and it other than the slick new form factor and animoji, it's still an iPhone. Thankfully, the reports of the display issues come out before my 2XL preorder ships. Order cancelled.

Oct 27 2:00 AM CST, refresh, refresh, refresh, finally the Apple Store App lets me in at 2:20 AM. 256gb SG ordered for 11/17-11/24 delivery. After rewatching the keynote, seeing hands on videos, and visiting the Apple site daily I convinced myself I had to have this phone. I'm impatient though.

Saturday morning I wake up at 5:00 am and first thing I do is check the Apple store app and unbelievably every variant of the X on every carrier was in stock at all of the DFW area Apple stores. Immediately cancel my order and had one paid for and reserved for 10:00 AM pickup.

I have not put this device down for 3 days now. I still have some issues with iOS but this is the nicest piece of hardware I've seen in a while, perhaps ever. I absolutely love the screen and near edge to edge display. There's definitely some bezel there contrary to Apple's marketing claims, but I'll gladly take that over Samsung's useless curved edge display. I thought the notch would bother me but after a few hours of use I was used to it and I think once apps are updated to support the X it will be mostly a non issue. Glad I changed my mind as I'm completely blown away by the X. Giving the 7 Plus to my wife and going to keep the Note 8 on my business line. It is still one heck of a device.
    Bruins_CCH_4 likes this.
    11-06-2017 04:10 PM
    I've got issues. I was happy with my 7 Plus and S8+ just a few months ago. Swore to myself that I had my phone arsenal all set for the year.

Then the Note 8 comes out. "Oh man, the S8+ doesn't have a telephoto lens. I miss portrait mode and being able to have photos that look decent while zoomed in." As soon as preorders go live, I have a Note 8 ordered and headed my way. Upon receiving the Note 8, I was in heaven. Still keeping my trusty 7 Plus and the best of the Android world in hand I'm all set.

Then the Pixel XL 2 comes out. Sucker...... This phone looks amazing. iPhone X what? I'm not waiting for the iPhone unveil. This one is "it" for me. In the meantime the iPhone X is announced. Looks nice, but, I've got my 7 Plus and it other than the slick new form factor and animoji, it's still an iPhone. Thankfully, the reports of the display issues come out before my 2XL preorder ships. Order cancelled.

Oct 27 2:00 AM CST, refresh, refresh, refresh, finally the Apple Store App lets me in at 2:20 AM. 256gb SG ordered for 11/17-11/24 delivery. After rewatching the keynote, seeing hands on videos, and visiting the Apple site daily I convinced myself I had to have this phone. I'm impatient though.

Saturday morning I wake up at 5:00 am and first thing I do is check the Apple store app and unbelievably every variant of the X on every carrier was in stock at all of the DFW area Apple stores. Immediately cancel my order and had one paid for and reserved for 10:00 AM pickup.

I have not put this device down for 3 days now. I still have some issues with iOS but this is the nicest piece of hardware I've seen in a while, perhaps ever. I absolutely love the screen and near edge to edge display. There's definitely some bezel there contrary to Apple's marketing claims, but I'll gladly take that over Samsung's useless curved edge display. I thought the notch would bother me but after a few hours of use I was used to it and I think once apps are updated to support the X it will be mostly a non issue. Glad I changed my mind as I'm completely blown away by the X. Giving the 7 Plus to my wife and going to keep the Note 8 on my business line. It is still one heck of a device.
    I as well had seen the pixel 2 unveil and was like wow I have to go back to android for this one. I was not impressed with apples keynote on the X. Hated the notch, no more Touch ID, no more home button! I preordered the pixel XL2, went to Verizon the next week to check it out, was so psyched and I look at the phone to see major disappointment. Horrible screen quality, I couldn’t believe it so I went back to another Verizon store to see a different unit. Same crappy screen with the awful blue viewing angle. Not to mention the build quality was awful.

Cancelled that preorder and said now I gotta settle on the X and just stay in my iOS ecosystem I’ve come so accustomed to. Got the phone delivered on launch day and was a little skeptical with the overall weight and thickness. Didn’t love the gestures either. Notch bothered me for a couple hours and that’s it. Finally settled in after 3 days of usage and damn this phone is amazing!
    11-06-2017 06:55 PM
    I said i wasn't going to get it.....Then i preordered it and got a 11/3 delivery then i cancelled 3 days later saying to myself what was i thinking. And then i was able to get one on 11/4 after changing my mind again lol.

I cannot justify the cost and that is what i am struggling with but i love using it, the display is amazing i love the feel in hand and the build. This is the iPhone i wanted for a long time something to truly rival android, but i don't feel it does enough to justify keeping it. But i also have yet to bring myself to return it.....
    11-07-2017 06:37 AM
    Yup, the X got me too. I ordered my 8+ and told myself that I was happy with it. Pre-order day got closer and I swore I wouldn't do it. Didn't even set an alarm for pre-order opening. Yeah, I woke up on my own at 3:30 central (an hour and a half after pre-orders started) and promptly ordered my X. Couldn't decide what color so I got stuck on a Dec. 1 ship date. Even at that point I told myself I would get it, try it and probably return it. Then this weekend my wife and I took a weekend getaway and ended up at an Apple store. Picked up a X demo unit and within 5 minutes knew I was going to keep it. No phones in stock anywhere... guess I am waiting until December. Bought an Apple case for it, figured I could at least stare at the case for the next month. Woke up this morning to an email from Verizon saying my phone had shipped for a Thursday delivery.

So, my indecision cost me less than a week of not having an X, and a trip to the Coach store for my wife (I think my phone was cheaper... lol).
    robinhelene likes this.
    11-07-2017 08:57 AM
    So funny how so many of us were in that same boat! I had the 8 plus and thought it was the better phone in the beginning. (Who needed Animoji anyway?) when I had the 8 plus for awhile i realized it’s too awkward. I preordered the day after the 27th and was so mad that I missed out on an early delivery. But when the 3rd came around...I was going to Costco anyway and voila...they had one. Sold the 8 plus on EBay! Win win.
    jpgti likes this.
    11-07-2017 10:56 AM
    So funny how so many of us were in that same boat! I had the 8 plus and thought it was the better phone in the beginning. (Who needed Animoji anyway?) when I had the 8 plus for awhile i realized it’s too awkward. I preordered the day after the 27th and was so mad that I missed out on an early delivery. But when the 3rd came around...I was going to Costco anyway and voila...they had one. Sold the 8 plus on EBay! Win win.
    Thinking about doing this myself - the ebay route. It would probably cost me a couple hundred to pay off the 8+ since I bought it on the Verizon payment plan, and they don't resell for high enough to cover the entire debt, but I suppose that is better than paying 40 bucks a month until upgrade time next year...
    robinhelene likes this.
    11-07-2017 12:33 PM
    Thinking about doing this myself - the ebay route. It would probably cost me a couple hundred to pay off the 8+ since I bought it on the Verizon payment plan, and they don't resell for high enough to cover the entire debt, but I suppose that is better than paying 40 bucks a month until upgrade time next year...
    All in all I didn’t lose much and am much happier with this phone.
    11-07-2017 01:16 PM
    I 100% wasn’t. I bought an 8 Plus on launch day. I was 100% happy with my decision until a week ago when my friend randomly asked to buy my 8 Plus for his collection (he has every iPhone since day 1 in a box in his closet).

So, I preordered an X and it showed up on launch day.

I love it so far. It’s like a Galaxy S8 running iOS. Best of both worlds.
    11-07-2017 05:07 PM
67 123