Well, I know I vehemently said I wouldn't, but it's not my fault....I swear!.....I was merely minding my own business while perusing the Apple Store app on my beloved iPhone 8 when all of a sudden, a silver 256 GB iPhone X appeared on the screen and available at a nearby Apple Store. I assumed someone drugged me or something because the next thing I know I was walking out of that Apple Store carrying a bag. I looked in the bag and saw a brand new iPhone X and the paper receipt. Then I received an email notification on my iPhone 8 and discovered that it was from Apple thanking me for my purchase. WTH is going on 'round here? I swear it must be a C-O-N-spiracy or something!
    For some reason I found myself scraping snow off my truck, canceling a doctors appointment, driving across town in a BLIZZARD in 19 degree weather. Trudging across an unplowed parking lot and getting in line behind two other people at a Verizon corporate store....weird. I have no clue how I became the owner of an 8 Plus AND a X
    11-04-2017 11:01 PM
    For some reason I found myself scraping snow off my truck, canceling a doctors appointment, driving across town in a BLIZZARD in 19 degree weather. Trudging across an unplowed parking lot and getting in line behind two other people at a Verizon corporate store....weird. I have no clue how I became the owner of an 8 Plus AND a X
    Which phone do you like better. I like the overall size of my X, but I’m missing a bigger screen. I don’t think I could ever go back to Touch ID though. Face ID works so much better for me.
    11-04-2017 11:07 PM
    (Laughing)....WOW!....We’re all victims of the same mysterious phenomenon...
    11-04-2017 11:24 PM
    (Laughing)....Man, we’ve got to be more careful, right?
    Indeed! Haha.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-05-2017 12:03 AM
    Well I’m having a B I G slice of crow pie for breakfast.
    I went to see it at Best Buy yesterday while doing errands.
    It was F A S T. Felt great. It was a gorgeous piece of tech.
    So this just happened.
    11-05-2017 05:04 AM
    Welcome aboard the train. There’s many of us lol
    11-05-2017 05:20 AM
    Welcome aboard the train. There’s many of us lol
    Yah....seeing it in person and, putting my 8 Plus on the table next to the X, bringing up the same page at the same time and having the X come up INSTANTANEOUSLY kinda sorta did it to me.
    I’m doomed. Doomed I tell you.
    areyes163 and ladyc0524 like this.
    11-05-2017 05:28 AM
    Sigh, guilty. I swore I wasn't going to buy it. I said the same thing about the 8 Plus though when I had the 7 plus, and the same thing about the 7 Plus when I had the 6S Plus, and you can keep going.

All I can say is that its a spectacular device and once I got my hands on it there was no turning back.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-05-2017 05:38 AM
    You are all lame, weak individuals who have no backbone or ability to stand up for what you believe in!

Now, tell me, is it as cool as you say it is? I’m thinking of going and looking at one at the Apple store.... 🤣
    zachpenguin likes this.
    11-05-2017 07:25 AM
    You are all lame, weak individuals who have no backbone or ability to stand up for what you believe in!

Now, tell me, is it as cool as you say it is? I’m thinking of going and looking at one at the Apple store.... 🤣
    It was F A S T.
    It was GORGEOUS.
    It felt fantastic in hand, solid.
    LOVED their implementation of gestures.
    The screen was stunning.

Go look at one.
    TgeekB and bluesqueen23 like this.
    11-05-2017 07:29 AM
    It was F A S T.
    It was GORGEOUS.
    It felt fantastic in hand, solid.
    LOVED their implementation of gestures.
    The screen was stunning.

Go look at one.
    It appears nothing is available anywhere near me according to the Apple site. So I will remain strong and resilient for a while longer.
    11-05-2017 07:34 AM
    It appears nothing is available anywhere near me according to the Apple site. So I will remain strong and resilient for a while longer.
    Go to Best Buy.
    Hold her.
    Caress her.
    Whisper sweet nothings to her.
    Call out her name.

Mine shall be named George.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    11-05-2017 07:38 AM
    Go to Best Buy.
    Hold her.
    Caress her.
    Call out her name.

OK, now you’re just teasing me. Trying to get me to give in and become weak like you.

Mine will be called Lady of Shiny Glass....
    qbnkelt likes this.
    11-05-2017 07:39 AM
    OK, now you’re just teasing me. Trying to get me to give in and become weak like you.

Mine will be called Lady of Shiny Glass....
    Or Layla. Because she’s a temptress who will bring you to your knees.
    11-05-2017 07:40 AM
    Or Layla. Because she’s a temptress who will bring you to your knees.
    Ohh, I like that!
    qbnkelt likes this.
    11-05-2017 07:41 AM
    I got an 8 Plus last week after having an issue with the IUP on preorder night at 3am. Said I'd be fine with it and totally was, but then the X came in stock at my local Apple Store so being within the 14 day period, I swapped them out. I miss the screen real estate of the plus but the X is so much easier to handle.

Swapped a 256gb silver 8 Plus for the same color/capacity iPhone X.
    11-05-2017 09:24 AM
    Go to Best Buy.
    Hold her.
    Caress her.
    Call out her name.

I'm gonna hug 'im and squeeze 'im.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    11-05-2017 09:26 AM
    I mocked it to no end with the notch and the loss of the home button. Swore I wasn’t going to get one. Now I own a 256gb gray. I’m a weak individual. I even tried going to android bc I hated it that much. Yea that didn’t last long! Now I’m glad I got one.
    robertk328 and robinhelene like this.
    11-05-2017 10:00 AM
    Didn’t mean to do it... didn’t wanna do it... but I did!

Ordered one Friday from Apple, silver 256GB, arriving around Dec 1st. They had me at “gestures” which is reminiscent of my beloved Blackberry OS10 (RIP), and seeing it in actual use in many reviews.

Swore I’d never buy Apple. So far in 2017 I now have iPad Mini 4, iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch 2, and iPad Pro 12.9. What can I say? Apple is beautifully engineered and just works.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    11-05-2017 10:22 AM
    So this just happened.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4a218756a7.jpg
    Told you so.

*runs*
    11-05-2017 11:04 AM
    I initially said my wife and I wouldn’t upgrade, but the screen to body ration hooked toward the end.
    robinhelene likes this.
    11-05-2017 12:16 PM
    I got an 8 Plus last week after having an issue with the IUP on preorder night at 3am. Said I'd be fine with it and totally was, but then the X came in stock at my local Apple Store so being within the 14 day period, I swapped them out. I miss the screen real estate of the plus but the X is so much easier to handle.

Swapped a 256gb silver 8 Plus for the same color/capacity iPhone X.
    You’ll adjust with screen size right away. Been using a plus phone since the iPhone 6. Don’t forget the display quality of OLED compared to the 8. I would sacrifice screen size difference over the picture quality of the display on iPhone 10. It’s much comfortable to hold the phone as well.
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-05-2017 12:21 PM
    So this just happened.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4a218756a7.jpg
    Oh no!...did you fall prey to this mysterious phenomenon, too?......We May need to contact the CDC because this is scaring me.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    11-05-2017 12:22 PM
    Oh no!...did you fall prey to this mysterious phenomenon, too?......We May need to contact the CDC because this is scaring me.
    You might need to. It’s probably airborne. Watch Contagion for precedent.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-05-2017 12:23 PM
    Told you so.

*runs*
    Yah yah yah yadda yadda yadda.....

You did it time with the ooooooooo look at the iPhone 5 chamfered edges and NOW you did it to me with the ooooooooo it’s the chrome from the old iPods and it feels soooooo solid.

YOUR. FAULT.
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-05-2017 12:25 PM
67 123