Hi,

Has anyone actually found and activated reachability on their X?

I’ve read it can be done but been unable to find it.

Many thanks
    11-03-2017 09:37 AM
    Hi,

Has anyone actually found and activated reachability on their X?

I’ve read it can be done but been unable to find it.

Many thanks
    Swipe / pull down on the home bar I believe.
    11-03-2017 09:38 AM
    Thanks, found it, had to update to 11.1 then it popped up under Settings>general>accessibility
    zenjen likes this.
    11-03-2017 10:53 AM
    Thanks, found it, had to update to 11.1 then it popped up under Settings>general>accessibility
    It's a little tricky to get used to, but once I did I'm getting it right about 95% of the time. Not too bad for only having the phone about 8 hours.
    11-03-2017 04:07 PM
    I’ve been using it since about noon and can barely get it to work. Is there a certain part of the screen that needs to be swiped? Does it work better in a specific area of the screen? I’m also worried that my tempered glass screen protector is making it harder, although an Apple employee had troubles demo’ing on a display model.
    11-03-2017 04:12 PM
    I’ve been using it since about noon and can barely get it to work. Is there a certain part of the screen that needs to be swiped? Does it work better in a specific area of the screen? I’m also worried that my tempered glass screen protector is making it harder, although an Apple employee had troubles demo’ing on a display model.
    If you're on your home screen start swiping down from the center of the app icons in the dock. It should work from anywhere as long as you start from the correct placement. Once I figured out the center of the icons was the best way to get it every time I just kept my phone on my home screen and activated reachability over and over until I started building muscle memory for that center spot.

The way I hold my phone it's most comfortable for me to do it toward the right side of the display.
    11-03-2017 04:41 PM
    Thanks!! The key was the CENTER of the dock icons. Once I read that, I immediately got it to work.
    11-03-2017 04:52 PM
    Thanks!! The key was the CENTER of the dock icons. Once I read that, I immediately got it to work.
    Yup! It drove me crazy trying to figure out why sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Then I just randomly started swiping down from spots on my home screen until I found one that worked every time.
    11-03-2017 04:56 PM
    I actually have adapted quite well, but I spent a lot of time on Blackberry OS10, so swiping top to bottom, left to right or diagonal is not an issue.

I do agree with the larger screen, I find myself reaching to find to sweet spot on the screen to get the gesture to work. After a half a day on the device, I have mastered the gestures pretty well.

So far I am liking it and brings back my love of Blackberry OS10 and knowing Apple can take it to the next level. I am all in.
    11-03-2017 05:11 PM
    I have, and it’s very useful on the X.
    11-08-2017 05:24 AM