Hi all - I have 2 iPhone X's on the way today. They were both purchased with the same phone number (mine). I purchased 1 from apple and paid outright and the other from ATT and did the NEXT plan. The one from Apple is a gift - can I just give it to the person or is it tied to my number already? I plan on keeping the ATT purchased one (on NEXT) for myself.

Thanks for any help !
    11-03-2017 09:25 AM
    Hi all - I have 2 iPhone X's on the way today. They were both purchased with the same phone number (mine). I purchased 1 from apple and paid outright and the other from ATT and did the NEXT plan. The one from Apple is a gift - can I just give it to the person or is it tied to my number already? I plan on keeping the ATT purchased one (on NEXT) for myself.

Thanks for any help !
    I think since you paid outright for that one you should be fine.
    11-03-2017 09:26 AM

Thanks for any help !
    The one from Apple you bought outright, is it unlocked? You will be able to gift it but it may be tied to a specific carrier. The new owner would just need a SIM card to activate it.
    11-03-2017 09:29 AM
    An iPhone X for a gift? Sheesh. I need better friends.

To answer your question, since it was purchased outright I believe you'll be fine.
    11-03-2017 09:30 AM
    An iPhone X for a gift? Sheesh. I need better friends.

To answer your question, since it was purchased outright I believe you'll be fine.
    I need friends like that too
    11-03-2017 09:30 AM
    Thanks guys for the quick response ! Not sure about unlocked - I put in my ATT info and phone number - so I am sure it part of my account, but I am assuming when I activate the NEXT phone from ATT - it will lock in my line. It's a gift for a nephew, so if we need to go to an ATT store thats fine. Thanks again
    11-03-2017 09:31 AM
    Dear, RobeJazz, can we be good friends? Like besties maybe?
    11-03-2017 10:19 AM
    You will be ok. Just remove the sim that was installed by Apple and replace with a sim from your nephews phone or have ATT make a new one for him. I hope this helps good friend! Did I tell you it was my birthday? (Not really just kidding) lol.
    11-03-2017 10:42 AM