Two X's coming - Have a question

RobeJazz

Apr 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi all - I have 2 iPhone X's on the way today. They were both purchased with the same phone number (mine). I purchased 1 from apple and paid outright and the other from ATT and did the NEXT plan. The one from Apple is a gift - can I just give it to the person or is it tied to my number already? I plan on keeping the ATT purchased one (on NEXT) for myself.

Thanks for any help !

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi all - I have 2 iPhone X's on the way today. They were both purchased with the same phone number (mine). I purchased 1 from apple and paid outright and the other from ATT and did the NEXT plan. The one from Apple is a gift - can I just give it to the person or is it tied to my number already? I plan on keeping the ATT purchased one (on NEXT) for myself.

Thanks for any help !

I think since you paid outright for that one you should be fine.

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for any help !

The one from Apple you bought outright, is it unlocked? You will be able to gift it but it may be tied to a specific carrier. The new owner would just need a SIM card to activate it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
An iPhone X for a gift? Sheesh. I need better friends.

To answer your question, since it was purchased outright I believe you'll be fine.

RobeJazz

Apr 5, 2005
Visit site
Thanks guys for the quick response ! Not sure about unlocked - I put in my ATT info and phone number - so I am sure it part of my account, but I am assuming when I activate the NEXT phone from ATT - it will lock in my line. It's a gift for a nephew, so if we need to go to an ATT store thats fine. Thanks again

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
You will be ok. Just remove the sim that was installed by Apple and replace with a sim from your nephews phone or have ATT make a new one for him. I hope this helps good friend! Did I tell you it was my birthday? (Not really just kidding) lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2