Over 300+ iPhone X's supposedly stolen in San Francisco area

Merecat

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
Approximately $300,000 gone just like that. Hope they catch the fugitives . Doubt those phones will even be able to get used even if they recover them. Apple will most likely blacklist all of those IMEI’s

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Approximately $300,000 gone just like that. Hope they catch the fugitives . Doubt those phones will even be able to get used even if they recover them. Apple will most likely blacklist all of those IMEI’s

The article says that Apple has catalogued the serial numbers of the stolen devices. I’m sure they’re no good.

Merecat

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
The article says that Apple has catalogued the serial numbers of the stolen devices. I’m sure they’re no good.

Yup I figured. Apple is pretty swift with blacklisting stolen devices.

The thing is, the thieves will sell the phones on the street or on shady sites to unsuspecting people that don’t know to check if the IMEI is good before buying it. It’s unfortunate

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My questions are these:

1. How did they know that all of those devices were on that one UPS truck?

2. If the trucks are loaded in a manner based on routes, how did the thieves know where to look?

3. How much time did they have to be able to grab approximately 300 packages containing an iPhone X?

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
My questions are these:

1. How did they know that all of those devices were on that one UPS truck?

2. If the trucks are loaded in a manner based on routes, how did the thieves know where to look?

3. How much time did they have to be able to grab approximately 300 packages containing an iPhone X?

Inside job?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2