Lining up overnight

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've never had to wait in line for an iPhone. I've always ordered from my carrier. When I got my 6 I did have to get a reservation for pickup, but it wasn't a line per se. I kinda cheated with that one because I was dating an Apple Store supervisor at the time. He got me the reservation in the morning, and I just had to drive up and be there at a specific time.

I was working at Lenox Mall in Atl during the OG iPhone launch, and the lines were insane for that. I've never seen anything like it. The Apple Store is near the main entrance, and the line reached all the way to the back of the mall, then wrapped around back up to the front of the mall. It then wrapped back around on the other side of of the walkway to the back again. It was cool to see, but I would've hated to have been in the back of that line not knowing if I would get a phone or not. Apple has really improved the line situation since then.

Liquid360

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
I’m too old now, but when I️ was doing the iPhone line, it was actually a really good time. It was a party for Apple fans. People made food runs for everyone and just chatted and hung out. Good times considering it’s just waiting in line.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I've never had to wait in line for an iPhone. I've always ordered from my carrier. When I got my 6 I did have to get a reservation for pickup, but it wasn't a line per se. I kinda cheated with that one because I was dating an Apple Store supervisor at the time. He got me the reservation in the morning, and I just had to drive up and be there at a specific time.

I was working at Lenox Mall in Atl during the OG iPhone launch, and the lines were insane for that. I've never seen anything like it. The Apple Store is near the main entrance, and the line reached all the way to the back of the mall, then wrapped around back up to the front of the mall. It then wrapped back around on the other side of of the walkway to the back again. It was cool to see, but I would've hated to have been in the back of that line not knowing if I would get a phone or not. Apple has really improved the line situation since then.

Back in the day I used to line up for the newest iPhone. It used to be fun just kinda hanging out and chatting with people. I’ve only ever waited overnight once and that was for a rose gold 6s plus but they didn’t have the memory I wanted so it was a waste and the last time I queued up. From now on I preorder and if I can get it on launch day I’ll just check the store stock until I get the phone I want.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Back in the day I used to line up for the newest iPhone. It used to be fun just kinda hanging out and chatting with people. I’ve only ever waited overnight once and that was for a rose gold 6s plus but they didn’t have the memory I wanted so it was a waste and the last time I queued up. From now on I preorder and if I can get it on launch day I’ll just check the store stock until I get the phone I want.

I used to say I wanted to line up at least once, but I just never got around to it. When I was on AT&T I couldn't order from Apple b/c when the rep set up my acct she didn't get my SSN so I couldn't verify my acct through Apple directly.

Since preorders were available (I think with the 3GS) I've gone that route other than my 6 and 7 Plus. I had to wait on my 7 Plus because I was in the process of switching to TMo, and the 6 I was waiting to start a new job.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner