Lining up overnight

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Anyone planning to line up? I am not (I’m picking mine up in the morning) but I just cruised by my local  store and there are already 10 people in line but it’s clear they are also holding spots for people.

I’m in Woodbridge VA and the weather is actually pretty nice right now for those queueing up, 67 with a low of 57.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping to get to my local store around 5am-ish...it's cold as hell here...debating whether or not I want to go.

36 Degrees and dropping

Last edited:

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
lol I guess we'll see what happens at Apple, I guess if worse comes to worse I can always try carrier stores and Best Buys around my area....I believe Apple opens and 8am and my carrier store opens at 10am, gives me a little wiggle room if I don't arrive early enough.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone planning to line up? I am not (I’m picking mine up in the morning) but I just cruised by my local  store and there are already 10 people in line but it’s clear they are also holding spots for people.

I’m in Woodbridge VA and the weather is actually pretty nice right now for those queueing up, 67 with a low of 57.

Only 10 people and in that big of an area...I'm thinking I just might get "lucky." Last year I waited in line for the 7 Plus only to find out that AT&T didn't carry any of them in the area.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Only 10 people and in that big of an area...I'm thinking I just might get "lucky." Last year I waited in line for the 7 Plus only to find out that AT&T didn't carry any of them in the area.

I only saw 10 people but this line is really loosie goosie. When I waited overnight 2 years ago one person would be holding a spot and then 5 of their “friends” would show up. There was a guy in front of me who obviously was a reseller and he had a group of 10 people all to buy the max. I don’t hate resellers but it frustrated me since I waiting in line for so long and then a large group would just show up and slide in.

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site

10 people already. I'm actually in Woodbridge too but I knew I was going to be out of luck trying to wait in line at an Apple store. So I'm heading to my carrier store early-ish in the morning. I called ahead and they said they wouldn't know until tomorrow if they're gonna have the phone in stock. We'll see what happens.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
10 people already. I'm actually in Woodbridge too but I knew I was going to be out of luck trying to wait in line at an Apple store. So I'm heading to my carrier store early-ish in the morning. I called ahead and they said they wouldn't know until tomorrow if they're gonna have the phone in stock. We'll see what happens.

I wonder if it would be better to go to a mall location since they probably don’t let people line up overnight? Either way the mall locations will have both an  and carrier locations.

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
That would probably be a better idea but the only mall in the area that I know of with am Apple store is Tyson's and that is far from my job... Unfortunately I work in the morning

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Wth...I really didn't know that I've lived here my life haha. I couldve just skipped this whole situation if I wouldvw just stuck with my original plan. I called TMobile around 3:02 am preorder day was speaking to the rep and for some reason I decided not to go ahead with the order (all the while I can hear the call center celebrate the start of the iphone X preorder). Turnt around and preordered it the next morning stuck with a 11/10-12/01 ship date lol

Liquid360

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
I was literally about to head out for the Apple Store when I received notice that mine had shipped ☹️ now I have to wait six days vs getting it today. Figures.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I was literally about to head out for the Apple Store when I received notice that mine had shipped ☹️ now I have to wait six days vs getting it today. Figures.

Believe it or not you’re probably better off rather than going to the store and being frustrated when they don’t have the combo you want. I’m really interested to hear how many people are able to score one today.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
691607b2983c70f6a27624c1f6d96381.jpg

Hillsdale Madison WI

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal