I got my phone!!! I was the 4th person allowed in from the reservation line. They would adjust your spot depending on your pick up time. I’m so excited I could explode!!!!

The guy who checked me out said he thinks everyone lined up will get a phone but he said don’t quote me on that.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-03-2017 07:20 AM
    I got my phone!!! I was the 4th person allowed in from the reservation line. They would adjust your spot depending on your pick up time. I’m so excited I could explode!!!!

The guy who checked me out said he thinks everyone lined up will get a phone but he said don’t quote me on that.
    Congrats! What color and storage did you get?
    11-03-2017 08:31 AM
    Congrats! What color and storage did you get?
    Silver 256 I still keep a lot of music on my phone. I’m not ready to completely live in the cloud.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-03-2017 08:34 AM
    Silver 256 I still keep a lot of music on my phone. I’m not ready to completely live in the cloud.
    I don’t blame you. I like having as much stored locally as I can.
    11-03-2017 08:41 AM
    I waited for the iPad air which is the last time I wait for something delivery is the best and cheapest way.
    11-03-2017 08:47 AM
    At 6pm yesterday the Philly line was JUST getting started!

Lining up overnight-img_0195.jpg
    11-03-2017 09:53 AM
    At 6pm yesterday the Philly line was JUST getting started!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0195.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	120157
    6pm???!!! ok thats just nuts... lol where was the bathroom???
    11-03-2017 10:31 AM
    When I waited in the line overnight 2 years ago I would just go over to the WaWa it was like a 5 minute drive and then eventually the Starbucks next door opened and they let people use theirs.
    11-03-2017 10:39 AM
    To your left.
    11-03-2017 10:52 AM
    I didn’t wait in line this year, but for the iPhone 5 at the local Apple store I was first in line. I was filmed for a documentary and was interviewed on local news. It was so much fun.
    11-05-2017 09:57 AM
    I used to wait in lines over night for Springsteen tickets and such back in the day. . But I will never do it for a phone. I was 15 then.
    Liquid360 likes this.
    11-05-2017 07:39 PM
    I am 61 and my days of waiting in lines are over. I just order it off the T Mobile or Apple website and wait to the UPS or FEDX guy to show up.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    11-06-2017 04:52 AM
    I am 61 and my days of waiting in lines are over. I just order it off the T Mobile or Apple website and wait to the UPS or FEDX guy to show up.
    I HAVE been known to stay up till 3am though for an online pre-order. lol
    11-06-2017 08:04 AM
    I HAVE been known to stay up till 3am though for an online pre-order. lol
    Me too sir, I was up at 2:50 AM on preorder day to make sure I got mine.
    11-06-2017 08:08 AM
    I’m getting close to 35 and didn’t even wanna stand in line at 25 years of age, lol. I really don’t like being around strangers.
    bakron1 and Liquid360 like this.
    11-06-2017 08:21 AM
    I've never had to wait in line for an iPhone. I've always ordered from my carrier. When I got my 6 I did have to get a reservation for pickup, but it wasn't a line per se. I kinda cheated with that one because I was dating an Apple Store supervisor at the time. He got me the reservation in the morning, and I just had to drive up and be there at a specific time.

I was working at Lenox Mall in Atl during the OG iPhone launch, and the lines were insane for that. I've never seen anything like it. The Apple Store is near the main entrance, and the line reached all the way to the back of the mall, then wrapped around back up to the front of the mall. It then wrapped back around on the other side of of the walkway to the back again. It was cool to see, but I would've hated to have been in the back of that line not knowing if I would get a phone or not. Apple has really improved the line situation since then.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-06-2017 09:02 AM
    I’m too old now, but when I️ was doing the iPhone line, it was actually a really good time. It was a party for Apple fans. People made food runs for everyone and just chatted and hung out. Good times considering it’s just waiting in line.
    11-06-2017 10:00 AM
    I've never had to wait in line for an iPhone. I've always ordered from my carrier. When I got my 6 I did have to get a reservation for pickup, but it wasn't a line per se. I kinda cheated with that one because I was dating an Apple Store supervisor at the time. He got me the reservation in the morning, and I just had to drive up and be there at a specific time.

I was working at Lenox Mall in Atl during the OG iPhone launch, and the lines were insane for that. I've never seen anything like it. The Apple Store is near the main entrance, and the line reached all the way to the back of the mall, then wrapped around back up to the front of the mall. It then wrapped back around on the other side of of the walkway to the back again. It was cool to see, but I would've hated to have been in the back of that line not knowing if I would get a phone or not. Apple has really improved the line situation since then.
    Back in the day I used to line up for the newest iPhone. It used to be fun just kinda hanging out and chatting with people. I’ve only ever waited overnight once and that was for a rose gold 6s plus but they didn’t have the memory I wanted so it was a waste and the last time I queued up. From now on I preorder and if I can get it on launch day I’ll just check the store stock until I get the phone I want.
    11-06-2017 10:13 AM
    Back in the day I used to line up for the newest iPhone. It used to be fun just kinda hanging out and chatting with people. I’ve only ever waited overnight once and that was for a rose gold 6s plus but they didn’t have the memory I wanted so it was a waste and the last time I queued up. From now on I preorder and if I can get it on launch day I’ll just check the store stock until I get the phone I want.
    I used to say I wanted to line up at least once, but I just never got around to it. When I was on AT&T I couldn't order from Apple b/c when the rep set up my acct she didn't get my SSN so I couldn't verify my acct through Apple directly.

Since preorders were available (I think with the 3GS) I've gone that route other than my 6 and 7 Plus. I had to wait on my 7 Plus because I was in the process of switching to TMo, and the 6 I was waiting to start a new job.
    11-06-2017 10:19 AM
44 12