Is anyone starting to feel underwhelmed by the iPhone X?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
So you're in the "the iPhone X is what the iPhone 5 should have been" crowd? If you want a large mobile device, but a tablet.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple did a great job with the X but not as good as they could of done. The size could be bigger and the screen is no where near what the Samsung 8 series of devices have. I just was not wowed by the X so far.

I see this X model as compared to the 4.7" model. We're likely to see a larger version hopefully next year.

robsawalker

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Absolutely the opposite; the phone itself is straight out of a flying saucer - the quality is on another level. The screen blew me away instantly compared to my iPhone 7 Plus and Galaxy S6, Face ID is just amazing. I don’t notice the notch at all, bezels even less. Yes control centre is a bit annoying, and iOS 11 is still annoyingly glitchy but over all I am totally in love with it.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I am underwhelmed and happy with my 8 Plus but I am hoping that the reviews change my opinion of it. Not because I’ll get rid of my 8 plus for it, but because next year it may be a X style phone or nothing according to what Apple releases.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
The reviews had the opposite effect on me, like some of the others here. I had planned to skip the X but went out yesterday morning to buy one. And I'm loving it so far, though I'll admit it is still early. I prefer the gestures to having a home button, FaceID is working perfectly for me, and I love having a similar size screen to the Plus on a "normal" sized phone.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I’m digging the small form factor and big screen. I’m loving Face ID when I thought I wouldn’t. And gestures is awesome. My 8 Plus is sitting on a shelf.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I’m loving the new iPhone X the only thing I miss from my previous Iphone is the white face .. I just need to get used to looking at a black face phone again!

ReggieTee

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I agree wholeheartedly. This will be the base model for next year and I think there will be a larger version at the $999 starting price point.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Navigating around the device is not what I thought it would be. The swipe gesture to go home sucks IMO pluses closing apps is completely useless. Apple could of done different and this device would of been a hit. Personally I feel the X will hurt apples market share in sales older models are easier to use then the X. Android has this model beat by miles very disappointed in Apple this year.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Not in the slightest. I’m loving this phone so much!! The gestures I think are awesome. How else could they have done it? Man can’t make anyone happy.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
24 hours later I've really settled into it gestures and all. Might be easier for me because I've always used smartphones two handed but the occasional one handed use will now be easier vs a plus. Also I have less "baggage" of change than some probably though since I've only been using iPhones since the 6s+.

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
The new navigating of the os just isn’t finished enough for me. Why not have a Siri button that also powers off if you hold it a little longer? Rather than pressing 2 buttons together just to turn your phone off. I thought apple was always about simplifying things in the past

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Not in the slightest. I’m loving this phone so much!! The gestures I think are awesome. How else could they have done it? Man can’t make anyone happy.

I think the gestures are awesome too!
I’ve never been this excited and happy for an iPhone.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Honestly OP I was concerned about the Notch but that’s it. I love this phone. I haven’t been this excited by an iPhone since my 5S. I love it. Couldn’t be happier. I haven’t been able to put it down for long periods of time.

dcunited08

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
I am looking forward to what this device leads to next year in the smaller iPhone size. I am glad they killed the button, I always feel like a telegraph operator with it. Shaving the space off the top and bottom makes it worth the headphone jack. FaceID will be better after a year.

dcunited08

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
I am looking forward to what this device leads to next year in the smaller iPhone size. I am glad they killed the button, I always feel like a telegraph operator with it. Shaving the space off the top and bottom makes it worth the headphone jack. FaceID will be better after a year.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
After using the X for a couple days, trading the 8+ for the X was the best decision for me. It’s the best of both worlds. The smaller size and large screen are great. Better than I expected it to be. I found the 8+ to be too bulky. The X is “pocketable” in a way the + isn’t. The X is still heavier than my old 6 but I think I’ll get used to that soon enough.

I’m actually very pleased with the new gestures and how the phone unlocks immediately once I look at it. The only gesture I’m still having issues with is closing apps. I still just swipe up and forget to hold a tap before swiping.

What surprises me most is I’m not having issues going back and forth between the X and my iPads. The old way is still second nature on the older devices. I figured I would be using X gestures on these devices but I don’t.

I kind of expected to be a little disappointed by this device but I’m not. I’m very glad I have it :)

robinhelene

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Not at all, and it will only improve over time. Remember this is a new thing for apple, they will continue to refine it through updates. I got one mainly for the larger screen and dual cameras in a smaller (and much more manageable) size.

That’s my sentiment exactly

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73