Navigating around the device is not what I thought it would be. The swipe gesture to go home sucks IMO pluses closing apps is completely useless. Apple could of done different and this device would of been a hit. Personally I feel the X will hurt apples market share in sales older models are easier to use then the X. Android has this model beat by miles very disappointed in Apple this year.
    11-05-2017 01:58 AM
    Not in the slightest. I’m loving this phone so much!! The gestures I think are awesome. How else could they have done it? Man can’t make anyone happy.
    robinhelene likes this.
    11-05-2017 02:26 AM
    24 hours later I've really settled into it gestures and all. Might be easier for me because I've always used smartphones two handed but the occasional one handed use will now be easier vs a plus. Also I have less "baggage" of change than some probably though since I've only been using iPhones since the 6s+.
    Dukins and Premium1 like this.
    11-05-2017 03:05 AM
    The new navigating of the os just isn’t finished enough for me. Why not have a Siri button that also powers off if you hold it a little longer? Rather than pressing 2 buttons together just to turn your phone off. I thought apple was always about simplifying things in the past
    Matt Manahan likes this.
    11-05-2017 03:32 AM
    Not in the slightest. I’m loving this phone so much!! The gestures I think are awesome. How else could they have done it? Man can’t make anyone happy.
    I think the gestures are awesome too!
    I’ve never been this excited and happy for an iPhone.
    Premium1 likes this.
    11-05-2017 04:08 AM
    Honestly OP I was concerned about the Notch but that’s it. I love this phone. I haven’t been this excited by an iPhone since my 5S. I love it. Couldn’t be happier. I haven’t been able to put it down for long periods of time.
    RobertP1 and Premium1 like this.
    11-05-2017 04:19 AM
    I am looking forward to what this device leads to next year in the smaller iPhone size. I am glad they killed the button, I always feel like a telegraph operator with it. Shaving the space off the top and bottom makes it worth the headphone jack. FaceID will be better after a year.
    11-05-2017 07:50 AM
    I am looking forward to what this device leads to next year in the smaller iPhone size. I am glad they killed the button, I always feel like a telegraph operator with it. Shaving the space off the top and bottom makes it worth the headphone jack. FaceID will be better after a year.
    11-05-2017 08:02 AM
    After using the X for a couple days, trading the 8+ for the X was the best decision for me. It’s the best of both worlds. The smaller size and large screen are great. Better than I expected it to be. I found the 8+ to be too bulky. The X is “pocketable” in a way the + isn’t. The X is still heavier than my old 6 but I think I’ll get used to that soon enough.

I’m actually very pleased with the new gestures and how the phone unlocks immediately once I look at it. The only gesture I’m still having issues with is closing apps. I still just swipe up and forget to hold a tap before swiping.

What surprises me most is I’m not having issues going back and forth between the X and my iPads. The old way is still second nature on the older devices. I figured I would be using X gestures on these devices but I don’t.

I kind of expected to be a little disappointed by this device but I’m not. I’m very glad I have it
    Premium1 and RobertP1 like this.
    11-05-2017 08:34 AM
    Not at all, and it will only improve over time. Remember this is a new thing for apple, they will continue to refine it through updates. I got one mainly for the larger screen and dual cameras in a smaller (and much more manageable) size.
    That’s my sentiment exactly
    Premium1 likes this.
    11-05-2017 10:56 PM
60 123