I have the 7 Plus. Wondering if the X is worth upgrading to. I like the Touch ID and hesitate on the Face ID.

Another problem is with store owners. I drive a delivery truck and sometimes have to give them my phone to talk to my warehouse. Might have to get a SE just as a second phone.

Anyone thinking about waiting until next years’ upgrade? I’m thinking about it.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-31-2017 11:03 AM
    If my only option was an 8/8+ this year I would have held onto my 7+ even though I'm on the upgrade program. The X pushed me over the edge though and I really wanted it. However it was the X specific features like nearly full face screen, no button, and FaceID that pushed me to it along with Plus battery life and better than Plus camera in a non-plus size body. If none of that really matters to you and you're not having any performance issues with the 7+ then I'd say wait unless you just want it anyway
    4R69l likes this.
    10-31-2017 05:45 PM
    It looks like I want it anyway. Ordered the 256 space gray in the att app today. Shipping say December 6-20. Might come earlier. Wasn’t excited before. I’m kinda getting there now.
    flyinion, Innerchild and iwoodland like this.
    10-31-2017 06:16 PM
    Another problem is with store owners. I drive a delivery truck and sometimes have to give them my phone to talk to my warehouse. Might have to get a SE just as a second phone.
    I wouldn't be too concerned as long as you put a case on the phone in case one of them is careless and drops it.
    10-31-2017 06:39 PM
    Sometimes it’s on purpose the careless ness. They get mad at me or my warehouse and just kinda toss it on the counter. These people I don’t trust enough anymore to give my phone.

One time I was on the Beats X and he tried to pull it out of my ear to talk to my warehouse. I pushed his hand away and told my warehouse about it.

Some people I can trust, others I can’t at all.

Oh and the case. Automatically.
    10-31-2017 07:00 PM
    One time I was on the Beats X and he tried to pull it out of my ear to talk to my warehouse. I pushed his hand away and told my warehouse about it.
    That guy wouldn’t have had the same normal breathing pattern after he did that to me, lol. Good luck on the X!
    10-31-2017 08:02 PM
    I have the 7 Plus. Wondering if the X is worth upgrading to. I like the Touch ID and hesitate on the Face ID.
    Just go to YouTube and watch all the reviews that are coming out right now. There are tons in there right now then tell us what you think.

Watch this one. He is not bias in my opinion.

10-31-2017 09:33 PM
    That guy wouldn’t have had the same normal breathing pattern after he did that to me, lol. Good luck on the X!
    If I hit him, more than likely my job of almost 13 and a half years would be gone. I’m not gonna fight unless I have too.
    10-31-2017 10:40 PM
    Just do it! Go for the X!!!
    10-31-2017 11:52 PM
    Just do it! Go for the X!!!
    We’ll see this weekend when I get my hands on it at the Apple store. Then I’ll see if it’s for me.
    11-01-2017 05:39 AM
    We’ll see this weekend when I get my hands on it at the Apple store. Then I’ll see if it’s for me.

Well there it is. iPhone 8 Plus. Space gray. 256gb. I’m skipping the X this year. I looked at it at Best Buy and I’m not excited. So what if I’ve got a 4th year with the same design. I like it.

The case is from speck. The guy at the store said you can do wireless charging with it. I’ll have to see.

Hope the picture made it.

Good it did. The dark spot on the iPhone is the 10.5” iPad Pro that I used to take the picture. First time. Sorry
    11-07-2017 08:24 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7eb66bf3a1.jpg

Well there it is. iPhone 8 Plus. Space gray. 256gb. I’m skipping the X this year. I looked at it at Best Buy and I’m not excited. So what if I’ve got a 4th year with the same design. I like it.

The case is from speck. The guy at the store said you can do wireless charging with it. I’ll have to see.

Hope the picture made it.

Good it did. The dark spot on the iPhone is the 10.5” iPad Pro that I used to take the picture. First time. Sorry
    Glad you got something you're happy with.

I'd probably get some cheapo flip phone to let people use at your work. I'm very skeptical of letting others handle my phone unless I know them really well.
    iwoodland likes this.
    11-07-2017 08:44 PM
    I’m thinking about an SE. With att I’m looking at about $20 a month for the line. Guy at Best Buy was telling about data that wasn’t rollover but about 22gb a line. Have to look into it.
    11-07-2017 08:54 PM
    Having trouble now installing 11.1. Never had a problem with iOS updates.
    11-07-2017 09:25 PM
    Having trouble now installing 11.1. Never had a problem with iOS updates.
    Keeps saying authorization failed because I’m not connected to the internet. But I am. Maybe shut off WiFi and than do hard reset.
    11-07-2017 09:32 PM
    Keeps saying authorization failed because I’m not connected to the internet. But I am. Maybe shut off WiFi and than do hard reset.
    Let it sit overnight and in the morning it worked. First time I ever had this problem.
    11-08-2017 07:02 AM
    Let it sit overnight and in the morning it worked. First time I ever had this problem.
    Glad you got it working!
    11-08-2017 07:07 AM
    Checked the Apple store app for the X just for the heck of it. Store close to my house had the space gray 256gb available. Thought for a second. Went back to the app and it was gone.

Don’t feel bad. I like my 8 Plus. I know I shouldn’t even be checking. Should just be happy with the plus and just leave well enough alone.

Have to tell myself if I buy the X, I have to get another phone. Can’t afford it but that hasn’t stopped me before. Too much money for Apple since July.
    Last edited by Abu Khadija; 11-08-2017 at 09:57 AM.
    11-08-2017 09:38 AM
    I’m supposed to be happy with my 8 Plus. Why is the X popping up almost everywhere?
    msm0511 likes this.
    11-08-2017 01:02 PM
    I’m supposed to be happy with my 8 Plus. Why is the X popping up almost everywhere?
    Haha! I can see it now. In a few days you’ll post that you exchanged your 8 Plus for a X
    iwoodland likes this.
    11-08-2017 01:28 PM
    Don’t say that. . How’d you know I was looking at the calendar for about 2 weeks from yesterday?
    msm0511 likes this.
    11-08-2017 01:42 PM
    I had the iPhone 7 Plus before. Was so against the new iPhone X because of its price but I saw one in the Apple Store and yeah I wanted one.
    11-10-2017 11:57 PM
    Congrats on the SG8 plus I've got the same phone also waiting to see what comes next. Just get a cheap trak-phone for them to call your wharehouse no contract cheap minutes.
    11-11-2017 04:03 AM

Anyone thinking about waiting until next years’ upgrade? I’m thinking about it.
    I opted for an 8+ and am very happy! For the first time, I am going to let the wave pass and then think about the X rationally and not emotionally. My 7+ was awesome and the 8+ is even better. I would either stick with the 7+ or get the 8+ and leave the X for next year.

Having an SE as a work/backup phone is a great idea. Let us know what you decide on.
    11-11-2017 05:33 AM
    Sometimes it’s on purpose the careless ness. They get mad at me or my warehouse and just kinda toss it on the counter. These people I don’t trust enough anymore to give my phone.

Some people I can trust, others I can’t at all.

Oh and the case. Automatically.
    No one ever better do that to me. How rude!
    No one touches my phone either
    11-12-2017 04:21 PM
40 12