7 plus or X

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I have the 7 Plus. Wondering if the X is worth upgrading to. I like the Touch ID and hesitate on the Face ID.

Another problem is with store owners. I drive a delivery truck and sometimes have to give them my phone to talk to my warehouse. Might have to get a SE just as a second phone.

Anyone thinking about waiting until next years’ upgrade? I’m thinking about it.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
If my only option was an 8/8+ this year I would have held onto my 7+ even though I'm on the upgrade program. The X pushed me over the edge though and I really wanted it. However it was the X specific features like nearly full face screen, no button, and FaceID that pushed me to it along with Plus battery life and better than Plus camera in a non-plus size body. If none of that really matters to you and you're not having any performance issues with the 7+ then I'd say wait unless you just want it anyway :)

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
It looks like I want it anyway. Ordered the 256 space gray in the att app today. Shipping say December 6-20. Might come earlier. Wasn’t excited before. I’m kinda getting there now.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Another problem is with store owners. I drive a delivery truck and sometimes have to give them my phone to talk to my warehouse. Might have to get a SE just as a second phone.
I wouldn't be too concerned as long as you put a case on the phone in case one of them is careless and drops it.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes it’s on purpose the careless ness. They get mad at me or my warehouse and just kinda toss it on the counter. These people I don’t trust enough anymore to give my phone.

One time I was on the Beats X and he tried to pull it out of my ear to talk to my warehouse. I pushed his hand away and told my warehouse about it.

Some people I can trust, others I can’t at all.

Oh and the case. Automatically.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
We’ll see this weekend when I get my hands on it at the Apple store. Then I’ll see if it’s for me.

7d62714ac461ecd58859327eb66bf3a1.jpg

Well there it is. iPhone 8 Plus. Space gray. 256gb. I’m skipping the X this year. I looked at it at Best Buy and I’m not excited. So what if I’ve got a 4th year with the same design. I like it.

The case is from speck. The guy at the store said you can do wireless charging with it. I’ll have to see.

Hope the picture made it.

Good it did. The dark spot on the iPhone is the 10.5” iPad Pro that I used to take the picture. First time. Sorry

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171108/7d62714ac461ecd58859327eb66bf3a1.jpg

Well there it is. iPhone 8 Plus. Space gray. 256gb. I’m skipping the X this year. I looked at it at Best Buy and I’m not excited. So what if I’ve got a 4th year with the same design. I like it.

The case is from speck. The guy at the store said you can do wireless charging with it. I’ll have to see.

Hope the picture made it.

Good it did. The dark spot on the iPhone is the 10.5” iPad Pro that I used to take the picture. First time. Sorry

Glad you got something you're happy with.

I'd probably get some cheapo flip phone to let people use at your work. I'm very skeptical of letting others handle my phone unless I know them really well.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I’m thinking about an SE. With att I’m looking at about $20 a month for the line. Guy at Best Buy was telling about data that wasn’t rollover but about 22gb a line. Have to look into it.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Checked the Apple store app for the X just for the heck of it. Store close to my house had the space gray 256gb available. Thought for a second. Went back to the app and it was gone.

Don’t feel bad. I like my 8 Plus. I know I shouldn’t even be checking. Should just be happy with the plus and just leave well enough alone.

Have to tell myself if I buy the X, I have to get another phone. Can’t afford it but that hasn’t stopped me before. Too much money for Apple since July.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR