Lucky me, I don't have a twin bro.
    11-02-2017 02:14 AM
    Didn't they cover this in the keynote already?
    Tartarus likes this.
    11-02-2017 03:28 AM
    So what’s the issue
    I don't have an issue with FaceID yet. I'm reserving judgement until I get my X tomorrow. I was being a smart***
    11-02-2017 07:43 AM
    And here we go. The mask spoof is quite unpractical but this is rather shocking indeed!
    MDM admins are surely going to prevent users from enabling FaceID now...

https://www.wired.com/story/10-year-...hers-iphone-x/
    11-15-2017 03:51 AM
    And here we go. The mask spoof is quite unpractical but this is rather shocking indeed!
    MDM admins are surely going to prevent users from enabling FaceID now...

https://www.wired.com/story/10-year-...hers-iphone-x/
    Just two things. First, the kid and that mom have very similar faces. Second, FaceID has a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of being fooled, not 1 in 8,000,000,000 or roughly 100% of not being fooled. Yes it will be fooled, but TouchID is significantly easier to fool, Apple claims 1 in 50,000.
    RichR67 and Just_Me_D like this.
    11-15-2017 04:47 AM
    Somehow I am not all that worried

At the hairdresser on the weekend it wouldn’t unlock my phone for ME because my glasses were not on. That impressed me.

Much ado, chicken little.
    RichR67 and MasterDarque like this.
    11-15-2017 04:50 AM
    And again Apple specifically mention a possible issue with identical twins and recommended sticking with a passcode if you had an evil twin haha que picture of Mr. Spock with the beard so I don't think anyone is being mislead..
    11-17-2017 11:07 AM
    Also this was covered in the white paper something about the facial features of kids under a certain age and there was a similarity in facial features between mom and her son which is to be expected .
    This doesn't bother me and who knows we may find out later that he knows her passcode and was training the phone every time if failed for him but regardless show me a video of a complete stranger unlocking someone's phone and THAT would concern me not this twin/almost twin brother/ 8 year-old opening mom's phone stuff.
    11-17-2017 11:34 AM
    I am a identical twin and I would expect my twin brother to be able to unlock my phone. Personally I like knowing this, so if something where to happen to me, he could access my phone.

There are always going for be folks out there who can get by any security system. Doesn’t matter if it’s fingerprint sensors and face recognition.

I have faith the Apple is aware of this and with all its previous devices, they will have an update to strengthen the feature.

Until that time I don’t think there are more then two of us out there, so I am not concerned.
    11-17-2017 11:41 AM
    Face ID or Touch ID to me is more of like a convenience than security. Unfortunately, those 2 doesn’t go together. You’ll have to choose either one. You can always turn it off and use the PIN if you’re not comfortable with the security.
    C6TX6 likes this.
    11-17-2017 12:55 PM
    I can tell you my twin brother picked up my phone the other day and successfully unlocked it every time he looked at it. Not that I’m worried about him looking at my phone
    11-17-2017 02:47 PM
    Don't forget your tinfoil hat.
    11-18-2017 07:33 PM
    A failure impressed you?

This is EXACTLY what FaceID is advertised NOT to do! It's supposed to recognize you with hats and even sunglasses.

I'm finding it does unlock if I wear my amber tinted Serengeti Drivers but my polarized Raybans, nope...

It's definitely an improvement over the Iris scanner on my Note 8 and S8+ for sure. Especially in sunlight where the retina scanner does not work at all.

But it's a serious compromise for convenience.

Thinking otherwise is delusional.

What's worse than having no security is being foiled by a system claiming you're secure when you're not. Don't drink the kool aid or believe those odds, they are pure rubbish.
    11-19-2017 07:29 AM
    How many of you are expecting the following within the next year or two?

1. Your iPhone X will be stolen
    2. Someone is going to take the time to create a mask or something in an attempt to gain access to some top secret files that they somehow know you have saved on your iPhone X.
    3. Not be able to sleep because someone was able to trick an iPhone X that did not belong to you or anyone else you personally know.
    Tartarus and TheLegoJoker like this.
    11-19-2017 07:38 AM
    How many of you are expecting the following within the next year or two?

1. Your iPhone X will be stolen
    2. Someone is going to take the time to create a mask or something in an attempt to gain access to some top secret files that they somehow know you have saved on your iPhone X.
    3. Not be able to sleep because someone was able to trick an iPhone X that did not belong to you or anyone else you personally know.
    One person in this thread will 🤣
    Stephen Martino likes this.
    11-19-2017 07:43 AM
    I can tell you my twin brother picked up my phone the other day and successfully unlocked it every time he looked at it. Not that I’m worried about him looking at my phone
    If I had a twin, I wouldn't be concerned at all. He would probably be the person I trust most, unless he was an evil twin and was looking to take over the world and needed my phone to do it. I might be concerned then.
    Tartarus likes this.
    11-19-2017 08:01 PM
    If I had a twin, I wouldn't be concerned at all. He would probably be the person I trust most, unless he was an evil twin and was looking to take over the world and needed my phone to do it. I might be concerned then.
    According to your nick, you would be that evil twin in that scenario.

All jokes aside, while it seems to be possible for a twin to unlock the iPhone X, it’s not a guarantee that all identical twins will be able to do so.
    11-19-2017 08:51 PM
    I envision a future combo of Face+TouchID for a truly ironclad secure authentication
    11-19-2017 09:16 PM
43 12