I Have an iPhone X: AMA!

Pedro Hicken

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Are you missing reachability function on the plus models by double tapping the home button? Is it easy to reach the top of the screen single handed?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I have the 7 plus. How is the comparison in the screens? It seems the 7 Plus’ screen is bigger. I haven’t seen the X hands on so I’m not sure.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Not sure. Going to the Apple Store probably this weekend to see it in person. Ordered with the ATT app today. Have a shipping date of December 6-20.

Wasn’t supposed to order it. Was going to keep my 7 Plus one more year. Have to see it in person to see if I cancel my order.

One thing that surprised me was the Face ID. I thought all the time you had to stare at the screen. Not just for the setup. I was wowed by how easy it was.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
As an app developer I worry my apps will not be compatible with the notch. Have you had trouble with any apps not ready for the notch or corners? Any advice for developers on what NOT to do based on your experiences?

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
As an app developer I worry my apps will not be compatible with the notch. Have you had trouble with any apps not ready for the notch or corners? Any advice for developers on what NOT to do based on your experiences?

Don't put any important content under the notch and expect that whatever you design has to assume that the section covered by the notch is not available to the user, but you must not design "around" the notch AFAIK.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Don't put any important content under the notch and expect that whatever you design has to assume that the section covered by the notch is not available to the user, but you must not design "around" the notch AFAIK.

What will be interesting is how many existing apps are hard to use because they either don’t adjust or adjust poorly. If you don’t design around it, are touch spots in those corners easy/difficult to use?

It sounds like they expect apps to move everything to the bottom and make content not conflict with the notch all while not being obvious you’re designing around the notch.

Really I am interested to know what users like Rene think after using it more than what the suggested guidelines are.

Thx for the input.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Is AssistiveTouch still available on the iPhone X? It seems like it would be easier to use that instead of multiple buttons at one time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal